cdr-w

Old January 5th 05, 04:53 AM
elizabeth emerald

Default cdr-w

i have a cdr-w drive on my computer. can i only use cdr-w (rewritable) discs
or can i use cdr (just plain recordable) discs as well?
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS - born 20-aug-02

"Old school don't mean I'm better, I'm just getting older" -- Bias B

Old January 5th 05, 04:53 AM
elizabeth emerald

"elizabeth emerald" wrote in message
i have a cdr-w drive on my computer. can i only use cdr-w (rewritable)
discs or can i use cdr (just plain recordable) discs as well?

sorry i should clarify that & say can i use either to *record onto* or only
cdr-w?

Old January 5th 05, 05:03 AM
Anne Rogers

I believe that you can write onto both writeable cds and rewriteable cds, in
fact you definitely can, I have only ever had a cd-rw drive, I think drives
that could only write but not rewrite were a very early thing, but I know I
write to writeable discs, not rewriteable ones usually as they are much much
cheaper. If you use your software correctly you can leave them "open" which
means you can add to them, but it limits where you can use them, you
shouldn't have a problem on another PC for example, but you wouldn't be able
to play an "open" audio cd on a cd player, you would need to "close" it.

Anne

Old January 5th 05, 05:08 AM
elizabeth emerald

"elizabeth emerald" wrote in message

"elizabeth emerald" wrote in message
i have a cdr-w drive on my computer. can i only use cdr-w (rewritable)
discs or can i use cdr (just plain recordable) discs as well?

sorry i should clarify that & say can i use either to *record onto* or
only cdr-w?

and this was meant to go to another group as well! sorry!

Old January 5th 05, 05:09 AM
elizabeth emerald

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
news:1104901437.7289aa4430058dc9437bb828750c2c1d@t eranews...
I believe that you can write onto both writeable cds and rewriteable cds,
in fact you definitely can, I have only ever had a cd-rw drive, I think
drives that could only write but not rewrite were a very early thing, but I
know I write to writeable discs, not rewriteable ones usually as they are
much much cheaper. If you use your software correctly you can leave them
"open" which means you can add to them, but it limits where you can use
them, you shouldn't have a problem on another PC for example, but you
wouldn't be able to play an "open" audio cd on a cd player, you would need
to "close" it.

thanks, anne. i thought you should be able to. the plain ones are so much
cheaper. i want to use them to copy all our (thousands!) of digital photos.

btw, this wasn't meant to go to this group!

Old January 5th 05, 05:38 AM
zolw

you can use cdr-w or cdr discs.