"Time Wasting Rules" - from Real Simple Magazine - NOT GOOD!

Old July 18th 03, 02:01 PM
Belphoebe

Default "Time Wasting Rules" - from Real Simple Magazine - NOT GOOD!

"blacksalt" wrote in message
Iuil wrote:

ISTJ. *Very* strong I, with no qualms whatsoever about NIP :-) - maybe
that's the J in me? And I abhor crafty needlework in all shapes and

forms.

Also an ISTJ. I was amused by one quote that sums up ISTJ: my word is my
bond.
I've had that on my keychain for years.
blacksalt

Say, is anyone else here an INFJ? Supposedly it's a very unusual combo. Go
figure.

Belphoebe

Old July 18th 03, 02:04 PM
Kate R

blacksalt wrote in message ...
Iuil wrote:

ISTJ. *Very* strong I, with no qualms whatsoever about NIP :-) - maybe
that's the J in me? And I abhor crafty needlework in all shapes and forms.

Also an ISTJ. I was amused by one quote that sums up ISTJ: my word is my
bond.
I've had that on my keychain for years.

And add a third ISTJ. I never had problems with NIP, either. Both of
my had long catch up periods, so if I hadn't NIP, I wouldn't have been
able to keep up with all of my other responsibilities!

Kate R.
Old July 18th 03, 03:49 PM
Meredith Edwards-Cornwall

Okay, I finally dug up my results from when I had this test administered
several years ago by a friend who was finishing her masters in psych and
had to take a testing class.

Am I the only ENTP here? It says "independent, non-conforming and
sometimes a little rebellious and confrontational." Guess that's why I
have no problem NIP. ;-)

Meredith
Ms. Rebellious
Old July 18th 03, 04:06 PM
iphigenia

Belphoebe wrote:

Say, is anyone else here an INFJ? Supposedly it's a very unusual
combo. Go figure.

So is INTJ, but we do seem to be here in force! Maybe we just naturally
congregate in groups like this.

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net

Old July 18th 03, 06:53 PM
kristi

Karen wrote in message . ..
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:52:10 GMT, dragonlady
wrote:

It sounds like your son may be an introvert -- being raised by an
extrovert.

Interestingly enough, when I took the test in college - ahem, 20 years
agog - I was an Introvert (though close to borderline). After
choosing a career where I basically HAD to become comfortable
interacting with people constantly I tested again a few years ago and
found I was now an Extrovert, although also fairly close to the
middle.

So - I guess that shows that people can change, at least a little,
through circumstances and maturing!

This is interesting. I am a very strong I- INTP. But many people who
hear that who work with me are surprised by that, because I have
learned to behave, at least in some contexts, like an E. So I can go
to a cocktail party and chit-chat, but I don't like doing it and it
takes a lot of emotional energy for me. What I was told by the team
that gave us the test (along with a bunch of others-- it was part of
an executive leadership development course) that your basic
preferences don't change, but your behavior might.

Kristi
Old July 18th 03, 07:21 PM
H Schinske

I'm still kicking myself that I didn't buy the "Christian Mother Goose"
at a Goodwill book sale
here in Atlanta a few years ago. The one that I remember started out:

Little Bo-Peep has lost her sheep
And can't tell where to find them
But Jesus knows ....

Clisby

You can find a copy on http://www.abebooks.com .

--Helen
Old July 18th 03, 08:51 PM
H Schinske

You can find a copy on http://www.abebooks.com .

--Helen

For 50 cents?

Well, $1.08 and up, plus postage. About as good a deal as you can expect
online!

--Helen
Old July 18th 03, 09:41 PM
Circe

Astromum wrote:
Finally dove into this thread to see what's going on down here
in the caves of Usenet, and found this neat test. Of course, I
had to take it, and I am eNFj, lots of N, only 1% e, and equal
amounts of F and j. The analysis is really spot on.

Seems I am a rare personality: idealist teacher. But I knew that

Looks like we are very similar--I had lots of N, too! And I'm also a
teacher.
--
Be well, Barbara
(Julian [7/22/97], Aurora [7/19/99], and Vernon's [3/2/02] mom)

"How a seller can improve their home's value" -- newspaper headline

What does it all mean? I have *no* idea. But it's my life and I like it.

Old July 18th 03, 09:57 PM
Astromum

Circe wrote:
Astromum wrote:

Finally dove into this thread to see what's going on down here
in the caves of Usenet, and found this neat test. Of course, I
had to take it, and I am eNFj, lots of N, only 1% e, and equal
amounts of F and j. The analysis is really spot on.

Seems I am a rare personality: idealist teacher. But I knew that

Looks like we are very similar--I had lots of N, too! And I'm also a
teacher.

I'm not actually a teacher, although as a scientist, part of the job
is to tell people what you do and how. I did always feel strongly drawn
to teaching in high schools. AAMOF it was my fall-back option in case
I couldn't get a job in science (still is, actually).

I am very idealistic though, or actually, more a perfectionist (but
I think that is so close, they don't distinguish them). I've been
known to drive DH nuts with it, he is totally the opposite...

--
-- Ilse
mom to Olaf (07/15/2002)

Old July 18th 03, 10:40 PM
Ruth Shear

G'day

Meredith Edwards-Cornwall wrote:

Am I the only ENTP here? It says "independent, non-conforming and
sometimes a little rebellious and confrontational." Guess that's why I
have no problem NIP. ;-)

Haha. Chookie and I are both ENTP too. Neither of us seem to have NIP
problems.

DrRuth