DCF wrkrs in CT file civil rights claims against KIDS !!

Old August 6th 03, 05:29 AM
Fern5827

Default DCF wrkrs in CT file civil rights claims against KIDS !!

I guess DCF workers at at sea when it comes to handling real children or teens.

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news....apds.m0439.bc
-ct--juvejul29,0,3833219.story?coll=hc-headlines-local-wire

Detention center workers file civil rights complaint

Associated Press

July 29, 2003

MIDDLETOWN, Conn. -- Workers at the state's juvenile detention center have
filed a federal civil rights complaint alleging sexual harassment and unsafe
working conditions.

The complaint was submitted Monday to the U.S. Department of Education by more
than 120 teachers, youth officers and clinicians at the Connecticut Juvenile
Training School in Middletown, The Hartford Courant reported in Tuesday's
editions.

The workers, who are requesting an immediate investigation, say in the
complaint that boys at the detention center have repeatedly sexually harassed
staff, assaulted them or threatened complaints of abuse against employees.

Boys at the school, which is run by the state Department of Children and
Families, have no fear of punishment or discipline, the complaint says. That's
because the 240-bed, high-security detention center has no effective policies
on sexual harassment or on false allegations made by juveniles, the workers
say.

"Good, hard-working and dedicated people are being damaged both physically and
emotionally," labor union leaders said in a prepared statement Monday. "DCF
management has not addressed the issues, nor have they taken them seriously.
Assaults, harassment and an unsafe environment are pervasive problems that
require immediate attention."

The complaint was endorsed by about half of the school's approximately 300
full-time employees. All the boys who live there have been convicted as
juvenile delinquents. The boys receive education, therapy and counseling as
part of their confinement and treatment.

DCF spokesman Gary Kleeblatt said the agency is taking steps to make sure all
of its employees are safe.

"We take the concerns of staff extremely seriously," Kleeblatt said Monday.
"Sexual harassment is a very serious issue. We've already begun working with
staff to address their concerns and we will continue to do that. We know the
staff there has extremely demanding responsibilities and they deserve our
support; part of that is having a safe workplace so they can be effective in
doing their jobs."

Concerns about workplace safety and a lack of clearly defined policies and
protocols for employees date back to October 2001, shortly after the $57
million school opened. But the issues reached a crescendo in June when union
leaders felt school and state officials mishandled the sexual assault of a
female staff member and a sexual assault complaint against a female staff
member by a student.

In the first case, a 29-year-old youth service officer was injured in June when
a 15-year-old boy grabbed her breasts outside a bathroom and knocked her to the
ground. Staff later complained that the boy had been allowed to remain in the
general population despite a history of sexually aggressive behavior.

In the second instance, a boy at the school complained that a female teacher
sexually abused him. His accusation came after the teacher formally complained
that he had sexually assaulted her.

The teacher has been on administrative leave for weeks while an internal
investigation is conducted. Union leaders say the student's accusation is
false. Meanwhile the boy, union sources said, has been transferred to another
treatment program that he had wanted to attend.

DCF officials are considering placing surveillance cameras in classrooms,
having youth service officers stationed in every classroom, providing
additional training for supervisors and staff and creating clearly defined
punishments for youths who file false complaints against staff.

Officials with the U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights in
Boston - where the complaint was sent - could not be reached for comment.

Copyright © 2003, The Associated Press

Old August 7th 03, 06:18 AM
Doan

Poor LaVonne, still trying to dodge debating on the studies she cited.

Doan

Fern5827 wrote:

I guess DCF workers at at sea when it comes to handling real children o=

r teens.

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news...12.apds.m0439=

=2Ebc
-ct--juvejul29,0,3833219.story?coll=3Dhc-headlines-local-wire

[...]

Copyright =A9 2003, The Associated Press

Old August 7th 03, 06:50 PM
Fern5827

Please note the $57 million dollar facility funded by the hard-working
taxpayers and families of Connecticut has:

Boys at the school, which is run by the state Department of Children and
Families, have no fear of punishment or discipline, the complaint says.
That's
because the 240-bed, high-security detention center has no effective policies
on sexual harassment or on false allegations made by juveniles, the

Lavonne is AGENDIZED. Her job is to drum up expensive placements for children
which serve as JOBS CREATION SCHEMES, and great opportunities for the *Whores
of the court*.

CPS, DCF--could do better with some guidance from parents who are paying the
freight for ineffective Juvenile Institutions.

BLAME CAPTA.!!

http://www.familyrightsassociation.com

For parents who may not fully understand the import of the reach of the *No
Spanking* philosophy and how the intrusions by CPS into distressed families may
actually prove HARMFUL TO all family members.
Old August 8th 03, 02:51 AM
LaVonne Carlson

You accuse me of being "AGONIZED." I do believe in honoring the defined agenda of
a particular newsgroup. If I want to discuss spanking as a disciplinary procedure
I log on to alt.parenting.spanking. If I wanted to discuss "CPS' and "DCF" as my
primary agenda, I would log on to the ng with an agenda designated for that
purpose. It appears that you are far more "AGENDIZED" than me. You fail to
respect each ng's agenda, and use all ng's to spread your own agenda, regardless
of whether your agenda is compatible or even relevant to the ng where you post.
Your "*Whores of the court*" statement clearly reveals who is truly "AGENDIZED."
You spread your agenda wherever you choose, regardless of the appropriateness of
your chosen ng. Good grief, Fern. This is the most blatant example of projection
I have ever witnessed.

For any readers on this ng who may not be familiar with Fern's agenda, I have
never worked for CPS. I have never "drummed up" a placement for anyone, expensive
or otherwise. I teach child development and early childhood special education
courses at a major university.

LaVonne

Old August 8th 03, 09:49 AM
Jack

LaVonne Carlson wrote in message ...
[...]

Well then answer this Lavonne, do you still molest little children? Or
did you discontinue the practice?
Old August 9th 03, 03:22 PM
Fern5827

Lavonne is childish due to dealing with children, probably ineffectively all
her life.

She needs a reality check.

This post is directly related to spanking.

Heck the DCF juvie staff are complaining about the children and their inability
to *dISCIPLINE* THEM.

They are bleating....and moaning about their inability to control INCARCERATED
YOUNGSTERS.

Parents have had the same fear with some difficult children, since 1974, when
the intrusive and vague CAPTA LAWS were enacted to create jobs for caseworkers,
attorneys, juvie court staff, etc.

http://www.familyrightsassociation.com

Families SHOULD BE COMPLAing that their civil rights vis a vis children have
been violated.

Mark sent in:

From: (Mark)
Date: 8/8/2003 9:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time
LaVonne wrote [in response to
]:

[ ...]
I do believe in honoring the defined
agenda of
a particular newsgroup. If I want to discuss spanking as a disciplinary
procedure
I log on to alt.parenting.spanking. If I wanted to discuss "CPS' and "DCF"
as my
primary agenda, I would log on to the ng with an agenda designated for that
purpose. [ ...] You fail to
respect each ng's agenda, and use all ng's to spread your own agenda,
regardless
of whether your agenda is compatible or even relevant to the ng where you
post.
[ ...]

You spread your agenda wherever you choose, regardless of the

appropriateness
of
your chosen ng. Good grief, Fern. This is the most blatant example of
projection
I have ever witnessed.

The most blatant? Have you ever heard of a fellow named Chris Dugan? Have
you
witnessed his posts on the thread, "What is Terrorism?" Among those who
spread
an agenda wherever they please, regardless of appropriateness of the chosen
ng,
Chris easily has lapped the field many times over. Surely you have noticed.

Mark

Old August 9th 03, 09:24 PM
Doan

On 9 Aug 2003, Fern5827 wrote:

Lavonne is childish due to dealing with children, probably ineffectively all
her life.

Probably true! I remembered the story she told about her daughter, who at
the age of 11, still didn't know it was wrong to shop lift.

She needs a reality check.

And some common-sense. :-)

This post is directly related to spanking.

Correct!

Doan

Old August 15th 03, 05:19 AM
Doan

So it is more than six weeks now and LaVonne still wouldn't dare to
debate me. What's up, LaVonne? Afraid of the truth? :-)

Doan

Fern5827 wrote:

I guess DCF workers at at sea when it comes to handling real children=

or teens.

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news...3112.apds.m04=

39.bc
[...]

=2E "DCF