subchorionic hemorrhage

Old November 20th 03, 12:06 PM
Nancy P

Default subchorionic hemorrhage

Has anyone else had this? I'm wondering, since I stopped bleeding last
week, does that mean that the clot is gone, or do I still have it and its
just not bleeding anymore? (Obviously, I'm going to ask my midwife but I'm
not going to bother her with a special phonecall because regardless, I'm on
pelvic rest for something else).

Thanks,
Nancy
(16 weeks today!)

Old November 20th 03, 02:25 PM
Andrea

"Nancy P" wrote in message
Has anyone else had this? I'm wondering, since I stopped bleeding last
week, does that mean that the clot is gone, or do I still have it and its
just not bleeding anymore? (Obviously, I'm going to ask my midwife but

I'm
not going to bother her with a special phonecall because regardless, I'm

on
pelvic rest for something else).

Thanks,
Nancy
(16 weeks today!)

Hi Nancy,

When I was 5 weeks pregnant I was in pain on one side. I had a vaginal u/s,
and it turned out to be a sub chorionic haemorrhage. I was told it was bad
as it was so large. I went back for several u/s's, and was told the clot had
changed shape, and looked like it was coming away. I was told to expect to
miscarry and to have a lot of bleeding. I never had any red bleeding, just
brown bleeding, which went on till 10 weeks. On a u/s at 11 weeks, I was
scared to look at the screen, but I had absorbed the entire clot! Baby was
very happy, and all that remained was a huge scar. The hospital were amazed.
It never returned, and my son is now 5 months old.
My hospital were very good, if ever I was worried they would do a quick u/s,
why don't you have one to put your mind at rest?
I was told bedrest wouldn't save my baby, but I did it anyway.
Some ladies have real big problems with these clots by having major bleeds,
some like me just have the worry of what may happen. Your lack of bleeding
is a good sign. If you don't mind me asking were you bleeding red or brown?
If you were bleeding red then it's fresh, and the clots leaking, if it's
brown the clot maybe healing.

Congrats on your pregnancy, and I hope all goes well.

--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 5 months 20lbs

Old November 20th 03, 06:08 PM
Karen

"Nancy P" wrote in message ...
Has anyone else had this? I'm wondering, since I stopped bleeding last
week, does that mean that the clot is gone, or do I still have it and its
just not bleeding anymore? (Obviously, I'm going to ask my midwife but I'm
not going to bother her with a special phonecall because regardless, I'm on
pelvic rest for something else).

Thanks,
Nancy
(16 weeks today!)

I had one with #4. I bled for pretty much the whole first trimester,
and once passed a rather large clot. I never stopped bleeding for more
than a day or two.
You may start up again but I'd bet you are pretty much done.
Old November 20th 03, 10:18 PM
Cheryl

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 07:06:58 -0500, "Nancy P"
wrote:

Has anyone else had this? I'm wondering, since I stopped bleeding last
week, does that mean that the clot is gone, or do I still have it and its
just not bleeding anymore? (Obviously, I'm going to ask my midwife but I'm
not going to bother her with a special phonecall because regardless, I'm on
pelvic rest for something else).

With mine it bled out for weeks and then slowed to a stop. It was
still obvious where it had been at my 18 week ultrasound but the last
time I remember bleeding was at around 14 weeks. Some of it gets
absorbed into the uterus and some of it may bleed out, if it's been
about a week now you may well have absorbed any that didn't bleed out.

--
Cheryl
Mum to DS#1 (11 Mar 99), DS#2 (4 Oct 00)
Old November 21st 03, 01:20 AM
Nancy P

wrote:

With mine it bled out for weeks and then slowed to a stop. It was

still obvious where it had been at my 18 week ultrasound but the last
time I remember bleeding was at around 14 weeks. Some of it gets
absorbed into the uterus and some of it may bleed out, if it's been
about a week now you may well have absorbed any that didn't bleed out.

Thanks Cheryl. That's pretty comforting. I'm feeling pretty confident in
this pregnancy now, but the bleeding is just so darn disconcerting.

Nancy

Old November 21st 03, 01:21 AM
Nancy P

"Karen" wrote in message
om...

I had one with #4. I bled for pretty much the whole first trimester,
and once passed a rather large clot. I never stopped bleeding for more
than a day or two.
You may start up again but I'd bet you are pretty much done.

Thanks Karen,

I stopped bleeding one before but it was only for a day and a half, so I'm
hopeful its done.
Nancy

Old November 21st 03, 01:24 AM
Nancy P

"Andrea" wrote in message
My hospital were very good, if ever I was worried they would do a quick

u/s,
why don't you have one to put your mind at rest?
If you don't mind me asking were you bleeding red or brown?
If you were bleeding red then it's fresh, and the clots leaking, if it's
brown the clot maybe healing.

I started out spotting brown for a day, and the next day it was bright red
bleeding accompanied by cramps. I went on bedrest for 2 days and it went
back to brown spotting (for another month). I definately noticed a
difference when my activity level picked up, so I really took it as easy as
I could. I'm going to have another ultrasound in the next 3 weeks so I'll
find out for sure if its gone.

Nancy