Child Abuse - Kids' View

Old May 12th 04, 05:07 AM
Fair For All

Default Child Abuse - Kids' View

Girls and heterosexual men are responsible for the childhood abuse
boys go through!

Girls are stronger, more energetic, more aggressive, ruder, and
smarter than boys. Girls have more capabilities and are worse-behaved
than boys and thus should be treated more roughly than boys.
Historically and currently the public is and always was rougher with
boys than with girls. As a payback and a measure to respect science,
boys should be treated more gently than girls.

Neither women** nor gay men* are responsible for the abuse of boys.

*check:

. com

**check:

. com

Yet they are unfairly blamed for it by woman-haters and gay-bashers.

Chris wrote in message ...
http://www.ypress.org/may2004/111796.html
(Y-Press, a Children's News Network)

May 3, 2004 Indy News Network)

Child abuse takes many forms, scarred survivor says

By Aaron Shackelford, 18, Y-PRESS
ASSISTANT EDITOR: Katie Minkner, 16.
REPORTERS: Emily Nixon, 13; Genesis McKiernan, 12; and Tricia Kruse, 13.

What do you think is the No. 1 killer of children under the age of 3? It's
not accidents. Not disease. Most children under 3 die because they are
beaten, starved or neglected by their families.

That angers Phil E. Quinn, a national educator on family violence and
child abuse. He has written several books on preventing domestic violence,
including The Golden Rule of Parenting and Spare the Rod: Breaking the
Cycle of Child Abuse.

Quinn began his research on child abuse and domestic violence in 1975 at
the University of Texas. His interest is based, in part, on his own
experiences as an abused child. "It was my own experience - anger at not
only what happened to me but also what's happening out there today - that
motivates me to do what I do."

Child abuse, he explains, "is any kind of injury to a child that's a
result of neglect or a direct act by an adult. Whether it's a
psychological, mental, physical or sexual injury, in my mind it's child
abuse."

Quinn knows firsthand what child abuse is. At age 11, he was adopted by
the Quinn family after his parents divorced and his mother was
institutionalized.

"The only way (the Quinns) knew how to deal with me was to hit me," he
says. "They said it was God's will that they beat me, and they called it
spanking." Quinn is blind in one eye, partially deaf, and still has scars
from being beaten by his mother and father.

Partly because of this, Quinn categorizes any type of physical punishment
as abuse.

"Spanking is a euphemism. What we're really doing when we hit kids, when
we hit a human being for whatever reason, (is) we're hitting them."

However, when Quinn started his own family, the pattern of abuse that had
started when he was a child reappeared.

"When I first became a father, I hit my kids because I thought that's what
you were supposed to do. I had to learn how to do something entirely
different."

What Quinn did was spank his children, which many people would
characterize as discipline, not abuse. In Florida, for example, a bill is
being debated that would classify spanking not as child abuse but simple
parental punishment. "We need to give parents the right to discipline
their children," is how Sen. Betty Holzendorf explains it.

Quinn disagrees. "In my mind, it is (child abuse). I think any time we
violate another human, it's abusive. I'm not suggesting that a swat on the
bottom is going to hurt a child. All I'm suggesting is that usually a
little bit of hitting will lead to more hitting."

Quinn now disciplines his children without spanking. This requires a lot
of patience, he says, to allow kids time to think, reason, feel and behave
as children. "Patience and time are the two greatest gifts any parent can
give a child."

Domestic violence and child abuse, despite the efforts of Quinn and
countless others, are still widespread in this country. According to
figures compiled by the Kids Count in Indiana initiative administered by
the Indiana Youth Institute, more than 26,000 children were abused or
neglected in Indiana last year, including 56 who died. And those are only
the reported cases.

Quinn spoke with Y-Press members in June while in town for a seminar on
child abuse. His comments prompted interviews with several kids who have
been victims of domestic violence. At heart, they are just like every
other kid in the world. They get up, go to school, play sports and have
friends. However, they also have faced darker times. These are their
stories:

(Editor's note: Collin is mildly autistic, a condition that was caused by
his mother being physically abused while pregnant. The names of Collin and
his brother Charlie have been changed.)

CHARLIE, 14: I like running and playing basketball. . . . I like to play
football and I like a lot of sports and fishing.

I have a 24-year-old brother and a 21-year-old brother and a 12-year-old
brother. I have two stepbrothers and two stepsisters.

My mom and dad are divorced and my dad is remarried. I don't get to see
him very much at all. I live with my mom and my little brother (Collin).

My dad left when I was about 10. He was mean and always grouchy and stuff.
He hit my mom a lot. He tried (to hit me), but my mom always stopped him.

My dad was real possessive with my mom and stuff before they were married.
Whenever she talked to another guy, he would get real mad. He drank. When
he got the medication after the breakup between my mom and dad, he took
his medicine to help calm him down and he took too much of it, so he would
get a rush off of it. I don't think he does that anymore.

My dad would chase my brothers through the house with bats and stuff. And
he held my mom up with a gun. He's hit me pretty good before, but not
really bad like (he hit) my mom.

I remember one time when he threw my mom from the kitchen into the dining
room table.

My dad, he was abused physically as a kid. He would always tell me, "Don't
back off from anybody. Don't be a weakling."

He has a shrink, I guess you would call it, and he's doing a lot better
and he's real nice and calmed down. I do miss him. (My life), it's gotten
a lot better (since the divorce). I'm more free to do more things.

COLLIN, 12: (I'm in) sixth grade. I like to draw stuff like cars, trains,
trucks, and read books. Any kind of book is fine. I like to do new things
and to, uh, explore new places if I get a chance. I'd like to be a
scientist and build things.

All my brothers are my favorites to me. (I live with) my mom and my
brother (Charlie).

And there is my dad and he is a truck driver. (I see him) like most of the
time. Most of the time, now and then. But not all of the time.

I sure do miss him. I like to visit him and to go over to his house. Down
the street there's a library.

He's remarried. She's a nice lady. She said sometime when I was there we
might walk over to the library and get some books. That would be fun.

I don't like to talk about my father that much because, well, I can't say
it. (My parents' divorce), that is a blur to me because I don't really
even think about that. I was really young.

It's hard to explain, but I don't want to talk about it right now because
every time I think about it I kinda get this real anger in me.

I don't want to talk about it because I don't know if it's gonna make them
angry. I don't like to talk about that. No, no, no. I don't like to talk
about that. No way.

BRANDON, 10: I'm going to be playing football. Right now I'm playing
baseball: pitcher, catcher, first base. I just got finished with
basketball.

How would I describe my family? Dysfunctional. My dad and my mom were
divorced, so (my dad) moved in with his mom and dad.

My dad got arrested. He forged a check. Back then, his friend Chris would
come over and they would just drink. They'd play Nintendo and drink beer
and that's all they would do. Alcohol never has any effect on him except
for when he got really mad.

(Once) I accidentally hit my cousin while playing basketball, and my dad,
he thought I did it on purpose and my dad got all huffy and puffy at me
and he kicked me (into) the door.

Everybody yells in my family. Everybody argues. My mom and dad argue, me
and my stepbrother argue, me and my mom argue.

One time my dad was taking me home when I went to go see him for the
weekend. I gave him a kiss goodbye and my mom wouldn't let him through
the door. So he just put his foot in the door. He wanted to see me. And my
mom had to call the police.

My stepbrother is almost 17. He's like the man of the house. Rodney,
that's his dad, used to abuse him all the time. He used to just smack him.
Rodney used to abuse my mom, too.

My mom always tells (my stepbrother) he's in charge, but every single time
I don't listen to him, he hits me. He has left a bruise one time. He calls
me cuss words and all that.

"Stepbrother" is a evil heterosexual pedophile!

He has two friends that I hate the most. One of them was fighting with
this kid on our floor and he took a knife and went like this (gesturing)
to his face. They beat me up. One time they dragged me outside and started
kicking me. My stepbrother won't even stick up for me.

And so are his pedo-ring of cold-hearted friends!

I always tell my mom, but he keeps on doing it. My mom never gets home in
time. I mean, she never is home. She always calls and says, "I have a
little stuff to do." That's part of the reason I don't do my homework. I
don't got anybody to help me with it. I got my mom, but she doesn't get
home until like 7:30, and my stepbrother, but he wouldn't lift a finger to
help me.

"Stepbrother" and his gang deserve jailtime!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not so this will sound too violent, but he could die as far as I care.
Sometimes he can really get on your nerves. If you lived with him, you
would see that he would get on your nerves easily.

I don't blame you. I'd personally like to lynch him on my frontyard
for channelling his sick ^hetero^sexual energy toward boy children.
Old May 12th 04, 04:21 PM
Byron Canfield

Default Child Abuse - Kids' View -- TROLL ALERT

"Fair For All" wrote in message
m...

Old May 13th 04, 04:01 AM
Fair For All

"Byron Canfield" wrote in message news:hiroc.33899$536.6201445@attbi_s03...
snip

STFU you girl-respecting, boy-hating, child-abuser!