Intentionally making men look like dead beats to gain governmental funding for CSED

Old April 15th 06, 09:54 PM posted to alt.child-support

Default Intentionally making men look like dead beats to gain governmental funding for CSED

Here's another screwed up thing about Oklahoma's Child Support
Guidelines....Try to follow me if you can....If you are ordered to pay
$230 per month to support a child....that is a total pay out of $2760
per year, right. The State automatically garnishes ALL child support
cases. If a man is paid every other Friday...he is paid 26 times per
year. So...take the dollar amount owed each year and divide that by
26....that would mean that each with holding should be $106.15, right?
Well, the state orders the Child Support to be withheld at 105.99 each
pay day...this makes the total dollar amount held out for the year
2755.74...which is $4.26 per year short of the obligation....but, that
five bucks a year aside...here's what I find the most
frustrating....There are 10 months a year that a pay date only falls
twice a month...and 2 months of the year that the pay date falls three
times a month....If the TOTAL ordered child support is not met EVERY
month, the state tacks on interest. Excuse me....but isn't that THEIR
order on when and how much to pay? So...during the months that there
are only two pay dates....a man falls approximately 16.00 behind in
child support....the next month he will be 36.00 behind on his child
support....the next month he will be 52.00 behind....and so on and so
on....until he reaches one of the two months a year that has three pay
periods, and it will catch up the principal on the
support.....but....during the past several months that the child
support has not been paid in full every month, the state has tacked on
interest to these short falls, that the third pay date does not catch
up....and this interest owed....just accumuliates interest every month
for years if you don't catch it....you don't get any notice that there
is interest owed ....it just keeps accumulating MORE INTEREST
OWED...then, the day will come that you think that your Child Support
Obligation will be over....WRONG!!! You will Still owe all of the back
interest, wich can take up to 3 Additional Years to pay off at your
normal child support payment.

If you contact the state as ask for your withholding to be changed to
say...$115.00 every pay date, so that you ensure that your monthly
obligation is met (and they can not add interest)...the State will flat
out REFUSE to change the order to a different amount! Why? The more
dads that have outstanding Child Support Obligations that the state
has...the more funding the CSED gets to collect the child support. The
funny part is this....The State WILL NOT provide a man with a regular
Statement regarding his child support. Most men do not even know that
they are accumulating interest. They have paid their child support
from their check every other week for years....and if the state says
they are holding it all out...why question it? Only in later years, do
they realize that they owe 18 years of back interest from each and
every month that they didi not meet the full obligation and the 5 bucks
a year that was shorted in the principle anyway.

I noticed this recently, when my husband got a new job. He used to get
paid only once a month, and all of the child support was held out at
once, so it wasn't an issue....then when it changed to 105.99 every pay
day...the mother of the child started screaming "deliquent on your
support payments" so I checked into the matter....only to my
supprise...to find out that he WAS drawing interest every month that
the withholding didn't meet the full obligation! We tried Everything
Possible to change the withholding amounts to keep from drawing the
interest...the employer would not change it without an order from the
state...and the state...just kept explaining that the months with three
pay days makes up for the short fall....NEVER once, did any one from
CSED mention that the short falls would be charged interest. So...now,
I monitor the amount paid in VERY closely....and, against the state
wishes...I send a check for $18.02 every month....the thing is...they
can refuse to change the with holdings, but they can't refuse a payment
against past due support. The twice a year...they have to REFUND a
payment to my husband that was withheld from his check that he does not
owe...We have even been contacted by CSED and asked not to remit the
extra payments....but when confronted about the interest...and the
internet showing past due support amounts on the case...the state
worker refused to comment.

So...if you pay child support....WATCH YOUR CASE CLOSELY.....as you
may be ordered to pay in incriments that are actually COSTING YOU MORE
MONEY IN INTEREST!

Old April 15th 06, 11:33 PM posted to alt.child-support

"Erin" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

My state does not charge interest on non-TANF cases, but does charge
interest on TANF cases. Your advise to stay on top of your CS account is
great.

Here is how they play the game to create arrearages in my state:

CS amounts are pre-billed on the 20th for the next month's payment accruing.
Payments received from garnishments in the current month are credited to the
account after the 20th. This accounting gimmick makes every CS case account
appear to be two months behind when the billings go out. The arrearage
picture they create using this accounting method is then used to justify
additional funding to chase the fathers for these "arrearages."

Fathers within this type of system need to reconcile their CS account
monthly by deducting the pre-billed CS amount and adding in payments made
but not credited through wage withholding. Even when the states issue
monthly statements an NCP cannot use it to determine the status of their
account without making adjustments.

Here's a funny anecdote I have posted before. On two occasion my account
was overpaid because withholding orders collected too much and I asked for a
refund. Twice the state issued duplicate refunds on consecutive days. In
both instances, the state followed up with a threat to hit me with an
arrearage withholding order. Both times I told them I wanted a hearing
because it was the state that screwed up the account. They backed down both
times.

Old April 16th 06, 12:20 AM posted to alt.child-support

The State of Oklahoma is also HUGE on income tax return intercepts!
Last year they mistakenly ordered an intercept on both our state and
federal returns...when there was NO arrearages owed. Then....the
idiots forwarded that money directly to the mother. Well, I am very
legally smart....my husband is too, but often doesn't know the right
words to use....So, I had him give me a power of attorney, so that I
could personaly deal with his child support case. I demanded a refund
from the State Immediately, and proved that it was an unjust
garnishment....Well, the amount of money that they intercepted was
enough to pay for an entire year of child support. The State refused
to immediately issue a refund of the money....so rather, they refunded
the child support payments that were being garnished from my husband's
pay checks on a month to month basis for 9 months...first of
all.....where did the rest of the money go? And...why couldn't it be
refunded to us all at once...as it was taken all at once....So....I
started calling again....and the response that I got was
this.....well....X amount of dollars went to this processing
fee.....and X amount of dollars went to this processing fee......And,
since the mother is a bit of a gold digger....and bases her new car
payments on her child support.....when the cs payments stopped coming
for 9 months....she flew off the handle....and started screaming "dead
beat dad"......she's the dumbass that cashed the check that she knew
she wasn't owed.....but, my husband was the bad guy that hadn't made a
child support payment for 9 months....and she just couldn't understand
why he was getting a refund check every month from the child support
department.

Then...the year before that....even though my husband's child support
included a reimbursement for health insurance....and the mother dropped
that health insurance....she sued him for half of the child's medical
expenses for the year, because she didn't have insurance on him....our
plea that he shouldn't have to pay it, because he WAS paying for
NONEXISTANT insurance didn't hold water with the judge and we were
ordered to pay it "directly to the mother"....well we paid it "directly
to the mother" as court ordered....and CSED fournd about this order,
and added the amount of that judgement to the Child Support Case. I
didn't realize it for several months....as I didn't have internet
access to check up on the account back then....They were
again....charging interest on this judgement amount! I had to request
a hearing and provide the court with the canceled check to the
mother.....that cost money for legal fees....and they refused to back
off the interest charged on that judgement that had already been paid.

My state only provides a "statement" bi-annually....and that statement
does not show any interest that they think you owe, or any other
judgements that they have tacked on to your account....It will only
reflect any past due principal amount....I STRESS AGAIN.....MONITOR
YOUR CS ACCOUNT VERY CLOSELY!

Old April 16th 06, 12:30 AM posted to alt.child-support

Oh...yeah....sorry to post twice...but I forgot to add this very funny
fact. My husband recieved a court order allowing him to claim the
child for "all income tax purposes" in even numbered years....so, we
claimed the child on our taxes for 2004. Well, the mother also claimed
the earned income credit on him, but did not claim him as a
dependant....so, the entire year passed....and then we got a dreaded
letter from the IRS saying that he was claimed twice and that we had 15
days to prove that we were entitled to claim the child. So....I got
the certified documents, and sent them to the IRS.....the mother just
kept saying....I have him 51% of the year, and that gives me the right
to claim the EIC every year. Well, she didn't contact the IRS, and
they ruled that the order said "ALL income tax purposes," meaning that
she was not entitled to claim him at ALL for even numbered tax
years.....now she is suspended from being able to claim the EIC on Any
of her children for 10 years.....and she has to pay back plus interest
the amount that she got refunded to her for the 2004 tax year....so
this year....it was her tax return that was Intercepted. Poetic
Justice, if you ask me.

Old April 16th 06, 02:37 AM posted to alt.child-support

"Erin" wrote in interest
the amount that she got refunded to her for the 2004 tax year....so
this year....it was her tax return that was Intercepted. Poetic
Justice, if you ask me.

Real poetic justice will come when the Government is sued for creating and
enforcing CS laws that are basically illegal.