How can we get CS reduced?

Old September 15th 07, 04:16 AM posted to alt.child-support
Jaguar

Default How can we get CS reduced?

Hi, My husband pays $1500 a month of CS for a daughter that is 2 years
old. She lives in Maine and we live in Texas. Is there anyway to get
this reduced without having to take a trip to Maine? How can we get
this down to a more reasonable amount?

Old September 15th 07, 04:32 AM posted to alt.child-support
DB

You can request a motion for Downward payments if his income has changed any
since the CS order was enforced.
You do not have to be present for the hearing, but an attorney has to
represent you there.

What is the $1500 based on?

oups.com...

Old September 15th 07, 04:37 AM posted to alt.child-support
Jaguar

On Sep 14, 10:32 pm, "DB" wrote:
You can request a motion for Downward payments if his income has changed any
since the CS order was enforced.
You do not have to be present for the hearing, but an attorney has to
represent you there.

What is the $1500 based on?

"Jaguar" wrote in message

oups.com...

Hi, My husband pays $1500 a month of CS for a daughter that is 2 years
old. She lives in Maine and we live in Texas. Is there anyway to get
this reduced without having to take a trip to Maine? How can we get
this down to a more reasonable amount?

We are not sure what it is based on since he doesnt make that much
money to begin with. Its actually $1400 but we are paying $100 a month
in arrears. That number was set during the divorce preceedings.

Old September 15th 07, 05:09 AM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"Jaguar" wrote in

We are not sure what it is based on since he doesnt make that much
money to begin with. Its actually $1400 but we are paying $100 a month
in arrears. That number was set during the divorce preceedings.

What state and what present income on a monthly basis does your husband
earn?

Old September 15th 07, 05:12 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"Jaguar" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 14, 10:32 pm, "DB" wrote:
You can request a motion for Downward payments if his income has changed
any
since the CS order was enforced.
You do not have to be present for the hearing, but an attorney has to
represent you there.

What is the $1500 based on?

"Jaguar" wrote in message

oups.com...

Hi, My husband pays $1500 a month of CS for a daughter that is 2 years
old. She lives in Maine and we live in Texas. Is there anyway to get
this reduced without having to take a trip to Maine? How can we get
this down to a more reasonable amount?

We are not sure what it is based on since he doesnt make that much
money to begin with. Its actually $1400 but we are paying $100 a month
in arrears. That number was set during the divorce preceedings.

If your husband can't explain to you why he is ordered to pay $1400 per
month in CS, plus another $100 for arrearages, how do you expect a bunch of
strangers in a newsgroup to explain it?

Old September 15th 07, 05:20 AM posted to alt.child-support
Jaguar

On Sep 14, 11:09 pm, "DB" wrote:
"Jaguar" wrote in

We are not sure what it is based on since he doesnt make that much
money to begin with. Its actually $1400 but we are paying $100 a month
in arrears. That number was set during the divorce preceedings.

What state and what present income on a monthly basis does your husband
earn?

We live in Texas, he makes $9600 gross per month. The mother and
daughter live in Maine.

Old September 15th 07, 11:34 AM posted to alt.child-support
don_1228

On Sep 15, 12:20 am, Jaguar wrote:
On Sep 14, 11:09 pm, "DB" wrote:

We live in Texas, he makes $9600 gross per month. The mother and
daughter live in Maine.

I'm assuming Maine has jurisdiction? How long ago was the $1,400
amount set? Has your income changed since it was set? You need to
study the child support guidelines for Maine and see what that
calculation should be. Is the child's mother working? Has her income
changed?

If you are paying within the guidelines and have not had any changes
in life circumstances since the amount was determined. Other than one
parent being disabled or you trying to attribute income to your ex
it's extremely unlikely that you can get the amount reduced. Child
support over the 18 - 23 year timespan (varies by state and
circumstances) is a huge amount of money. You really do need to fully
understand the child support laws of the state that has jurisdiction.

Don

Old September 15th 07, 01:46 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"Jaguar" wrote
Hi, My husband pays $1500 a month of CS for a daughter that is 2 years
old. She lives in Maine and we live in Texas. Is there anyway to get
this reduced without having to take a trip to Maine? How can we get
this down to a more reasonable amount?

==
Here is a Maine CS calculation form. You will have to know the income of the
mother to calculate properly.
If his ordered amount is more than the guidelines, he may get a reduction.
If his ordered amount is less than
the guidelines, he may get an increase even if he is requesting a reduction.

http://www.ptla.org/PDF/childsuppworksheet.pdf

Old September 15th 07, 02:34 PM posted to alt.child-support
Relayer

On Sep 15, 7:46?am, "Gini" wrote:
"Jaguar" wrote Hi, My husband pays $1500 a month of CS for a daughter that is 2 years
old. She lives in Maine and we live in Texas. Is there anyway to get
this reduced without having to take a trip to Maine? How can we get
this down to a more reasonable amount?

==
Here is a Maine CS calculation form. You will have to know the income of the
mother to calculate properly.
If his ordered amount is more than the guidelines, he may get a reduction.
If his ordered amount is less than
the guidelines, he may get an increase even if he is requesting a reduction.

http://www.ptla.org/PDF/childsuppworksheet.pdf

Actually, I just did a quick calculation based on the mother not
working and it's a significant decrease regardless.

In Texas, the CS is based ONLY on the NCPs income (Dad) and is a flat
percentage of net income. In Maine, both parents incomes are used to
determine the amount. It's going to be a significant drop if
juristiction is Maine.

Old September 15th 07, 04:42 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"Relayer" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 15, 7:46?am, "Gini" wrote:
[...]

The mother is not working?
==

In Texas, the CS is based ONLY on the NCPs income (Dad) and is a flat
percentage of net income. In Maine, both parents incomes are used to
determine the amount. It's going to be a significant drop if
juristiction is Maine.

==
If the original jurisdiction was Maine, and it wasn't transferred to TX., it
is still Maine.
==

Reduced Fetal Movement? [email protected] Pregnancy 3 June 9th 05 04:29 AM
The Reduced Gastaldo Chotii Pregnancy 2 April 4th 05 07:58 AM
Got my CS Payments Reduced Lecher9000 Child Support 3 November 9th 03 03:07 AM
Whew! Childcare worries somewhat reduced Circe General 4 October 17th 03 08:31 PM