Query on single vaccine to alternative MMR in UK

Old September 10th 04, 11:07 AM
John Dougrez-Lewis

Default Query on single vaccine to alternative MMR in UK

Given the topicality of the recent reports by the BBC on MMR, I'm
looking for some advice.

Whenever I search the Web to look for alternatives to an MMR jab for my
baby, all I come up with is a load of sites that appear to be trying to
make a cynical quick buck out of parents fears.

They typically selling old or out-of-date books on vaccines, or request
money for lists of doctors who do the single jabs, or else "charities"
which appear to be linked to/funded by Private Medical organisations
that want to charge large amounts of money with "No Refunds for
Cancellations part the way through the Course".

Can anyone supply any non-Government public-spirited resources on the
Web for the alternative single jabs which is not solely motivated by the
profit motive?

Regards,

John
Old September 10th 04, 01:49 PM
john

good luck, even JABS I suspect receives kickbacks from single vaccine
suppliers

if you look into measles you will see the vaccine attempt has never been
proven to have prevented any deaths, which had declined by 99.4% before
vaccination http://www.whale.to/vaccines/measles.html

look into homeopathy & naturopathy, and nutritional medicine for the real
alternative

Old September 10th 04, 05:19 PM
Jeff

"john" wrote in message
good luck, even JABS I suspect receives kickbacks from single vaccine
suppliers

if you look into measles you will see the vaccine attempt has never been
proven to have prevented any deaths, which had declined by 99.4% before
vaccination http://www.whale.to/vaccines/measles.html

In the western world, the rate of measles has gone to zero. About 1 in 1000
kids who get measles have either very serious long-term effects (e.g, brain
damage) or death.

look into homeopathy & naturopathy, and nutritional medicine for the real
alternative

I think the OP is asking for an effective alternative. Considering that
measles vaccine has been proven to prevent measles and that measles kills
something like 1 in 2000 kids who get measles (even with modern medical
care), it seems like the effective way to prevent measles deaths and injury
is to use the vaccine. There is no effective alternative nor good evidence
that the measles or MMR vaccine is dangerous or causes autism.

Jeff

Old September 10th 04, 05:30 PM
CWatters

"John Dougrez-Lewis" wrote in message
Given the topicality of the recent reports by the BBC on MMR, I'm
looking for some advice.

Personally we went for the triple for our twins but I support the right to
choose single jabs - just make sure they get them!.

For the single try contacting:
Children's Immunisation Centre
http://www.childrensimmunisations.com/
19 St John Street Manchester. M3 4DF.
Their telephone number is 0870 161 0007
Email .

I guess this is what you mean by "recent reports by the BBC"...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3640898.stm

Old September 11th 04, 03:59 PM
00doc

John Dougrez-Lewis wrote:
Given the topicality of the recent reports by the BBC on

MMR, I'm
looking for some advice.

The best advice is to just get the triple vaccine. It is
rediculous to think that your child is only exposed to one
"bug" at a time and so cannot handle more. At any given
instant your immune system is handling many potential
threats. Inserting the needle in the skin certainly
introduces more than three different bacterium to be
defended against (as does brushing your teeth, skinning your
knee, and moving your bowels). There is no reason to suspect
that these particular three pose any stress on the system
that is not regularly seen and handled well.

Furthermore, the supposed (and completely debunked) concerns
with MMR all rely on immune mechanisms over one of the
components (which one varies by conspiracy theory). Getting
the single immunizations will not avoid this theoretical
risk. For instance, if you (incorrectly) believe that
measles and/or its vaccine leads to autism them taking this
vaccine absent the others won't help the matter.

However, it will hurt approximately three times as much.

--
00doc

Old September 12th 04, 07:02 PM
john

"00doc" wrote in message
John Dougrez-Lewis wrote:
Given the topicality of the recent reports by the BBC on

MMR, I'm
looking for some advice.

The best advice is to just get the triple vaccine. It is
rediculous to think that your child is only exposed to one
"bug" at a time and so cannot handle more. At any given
instant your immune system is handling many potential
threats. Inserting the needle in the skin certainly
introduces more than three different bacterium to be
defended against (as does brushing your teeth, skinning your
knee, and moving your bowels). There is no reason to suspect
that these particular three pose any stress on the system
that is not regularly seen and handled well.

Apart from the epidemic of ill children, autism etc. Bugs don't enter your
body through the skin accompanied by mercury and other toxins, and bypassing
the outer immune system.

Furthermore, the supposed (and completely debunked)

Oh yeah, propaganda ploy--repetition, bull****
http://www.whale.to/a/wddty4.html

with MMR all rely on immune mechanisms over one of the
components (which one varies by conspiracy theory).

Word game propaganda ploy--"conspiracy theory"

Old September 12th 04, 07:46 PM
Jeff

"john" wrote in message

"00doc" wrote in message
John Dougrez-Lewis wrote:
[...]

Incorrect. Bacteria normally enter through the skin, though cuts and
scrapes. And they enter with various nasty substances, like soil, animal
waste, whatever happens to be in the water.

Jeff

(...)

Old September 13th 04, 02:55 PM
M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t-September 11, 2004

"john" wrote in message

"00doc" wrote in message
John Dougrez-Lewis wrote:
[...]

John, the vaccines are mercury free these days...why do you continue to lie
and scaremonger?

Furthermore, the supposed (and completely debunked)

Oh yeah, propaganda ploy--repetition, bull****
http://www.whale.to/a/wddty4.html

The whale.to website has been cited as being one of the internet's largest
sources of mis-information.

with MMR all rely on immune mechanisms over one of the
components (which one varies by conspiracy theory).

Word game propaganda ploy--"conspiracy theory"

John, if you did not have conspiracy theories, you would have nothing to
say.