cramping

Old November 1st 04, 02:39 PM
Anne Rogers

Default cramping

Like CY I have been cramping a lot this pregnancy, I remember it happening
last time, but definitely not as much. This weekend it got much worse,
eventually I decided I had better get checked by the weekend doctor, he was
able to confirm that it was very unlikely to be ectopic and there was
certainly no reason to act with any urgency. We discussed pain relief
options as by this stage things were very uncomfortable and in the end
decided a mild tranquilliser might help me get some sleep and be less risky
than a stronger painkiller than paracetamol which hadn't really helped.

I went to see my own doctor this morning, he was very reassuring, he's quite
old fashioned, so I was subjected to an internal examination, which was not
at all uncomfortable and confirmed the pregnancy was in the correct place
and removed any need for a scan which I was pleased about.

My doctors theory is that my uterus is just not chuffed that something is
growing inside it, unfortunately this probably means a similar experience to
last time is ahead, which could be a struggle with a toddler.

The thing that really helped last time was drinking rasberry leaf tea, I had
a cup yesterday, but it didn't seem to have any effect at all.

Old November 1st 04, 03:35 PM
CY

That's a good idea - I will try that. I have certainly noticed that I cramp
more when my DD nurses, which makes sense. I have cut way back on the
nursing and that seems to have relieved it a bit though I am still very
crampy. Glad everything is OK with you too...

Old November 2nd 04, 07:19 AM
Kelly

I am still quite crampy at 25 weeks. Early on it was annoying and kind of
bothersome to me. Some things that helped was to drink a lot of water.
Dehydrated muscles cramp. Also be sure to keep the bladder empty. Give
your body some rest time off your feet. I drink Pregnancy Tea which helps
me sleep and keeps the cramping a bit at bay.

Warmly,
Kelly

Is cramping normal? CY Pregnancy 9 October 26th 04 02:58 PM
Help: cramping after internal at first appointment? kim in cville Pregnancy 24 September 2nd 04 01:26 AM
deep cramping after O jojo Pregnancy 5 January 11th 04 08:21 AM
Early cramping normal? Katalin Pregnancy 3 August 26th 03 04:49 PM
cramping and pain in the growing area. The Huwe Family Pregnancy 0 August 3rd 03 08:51 PM