I feel cramping :(

Old June 28th 06, 07:00 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default I feel cramping :(

Since this evening, I've been getting some cramping that is getting somewhat
annoying. Just wondering if it's normal and to be expected...

It's a constant cramping, and I'm 23 weeks and this cramping feeling is
starting to drive me nuts. It started earlier this evening. We all took a
walk to the store a couple blocks away - something we seem to do daily - and
on the way back, we ended up walking at a very, very slow pace because I
really didn't feel like walking at a normal pace. I felt this cramping
feeling, and it's on my left side towards the top - right around the very
top of my bump, slightly on the left side of center. Almost feels like it
sometimes goes into my ribs. Baby's moving as normal - which seems to be a
lot lately, but still, this cramping feeling doesn't go away.
The baby is fairly low down. u/s showed that her head is right low down, on
my right side, and on my bladder? Feet are up towards where this cramping
is, but not quite that high. This was a couple weeks ago for the u/s, but I
don't think it's turned or moved much from that original position, as I
still feel the major movement of feet on my left side (about middle of my
belly), smaller, less movement on the very, very bottom right side, almost
at my pubic bone.
Kind of hard to explain the cramping. I never really had cramps at all
before my period when not pg, but it almost feels like cramping from that.
Is this normal? It was around 730pm or so when we went for a walk. It's
now midnight exactly - 4 and a half hours later with the same feeling.
I'm sure it's normal and absolutely nothing, but I thought I'd ask here
anyways to see if anyone has had this happen. It's causing a fair amount of
discomfort when trying to sleep (reason it's midnight and I'm still up)
Oh, also, it doesn't matter if I sit, stand or lay down. Feels all the same
in all cases.

Old June 28th 06, 10:59 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

So sorry to hear this Kathryn.
I think you should go to your doctor for the best of you and your baby.

I remember when I was about 7-month pregnant, I had a cramp after
having a walk with my hubby. It was in the evening. And I felt
uncomfortable coz I knew there was something wrong with my belly. I
thought I was just overexhausted.

I went to the doctor the next day. After the ultrasound scan, he told
me there was nothing to worry about. Thank God.

So, why don't you? Hope everything is OK, dear.

Love,
- aurora -
http://aurora.insparenting.com

Old June 29th 06, 12:39 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

I had similar feelings that you are describing at 25 weeks with my daughter.
I went to my OB triage and they hooked me up to monitors for a couple of
hours. Turns out it was in premature labor. They gave me meds to stop the
contractions (that was what the cramping was) and put me on strict bedrest.
I went on to deliver a perfectly healthy 8lb 14oz girl at full-term If I
were you, I would just go get it checked out. You don't want to let it go
and regret it. You can have contractions in only one place (I forget the
name of them - maybe isoltaed contractions?) and you can be in and out of
there in a couple of hours. Call your OB and see what he/she says...