Hey All, I came across this interesting website that offers a lot of

Old July 7th 06, 07:17 PM posted to misc.kids.health
[email protected]

Default Hey All, I came across this interesting website that offers a lot of

Hey All, I came across this interesting website that offers a lot of
information on the negative affects of having mercury in the seafood
that we
eat, and how it affects our families. All of the information is
supported
by the EPA and FDA, and as a woman it has really impacted the way my
family
and I eat seafood. I thought that this might be important to ensure
our
personal health and that of our babies. Hope its helpful!

http://GotMercury.Org

You can use the website to calculate how much of any fish is safe for
you or
your children to eat in a week based on your weight and using the
government's formula for exposure.

The government warns women and children not to eat swordfish, shark,
tilefish, and king mackerel. Women and children should avoid tuna
whenever
possible. In fact, Consumer Reports just warned pregnant women not to
eat
canned tuna at all. We can all stand to avoid toxic mercury!