diet pop

Old April 18th 07, 05:03 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
em

Default diet pop

Hello,
I have question regarding Diet pop and Splanda during pregnancy.
What is everyone's opinion on using diet pop and splenda?
ev

Old April 18th 07, 05:08 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"em" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,
I have question regarding Diet pop and Splanda during pregnancy.
What is everyone's opinion on using diet pop and splenda?
ev

Real cola tastes better than diet, pregnant or not.
Don't know what Splanda is.
Debbie

Old April 18th 07, 05:35 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Boliath

em wrote:
Hello,
I have question regarding Diet pop and Splanda during pregnancy.
What is everyone's opinion on using diet pop and splenda?

Do you mean Splenda?

I was advised to switch to splenda for gestational diabetes during my
last pregnancy, I guess that means it's safe.

Diet pop/soda isn't good for you any which way, better than regular of
course but most contains aspartame which isn't advised during pregnancy.

I have to admit to a fairly regular diet coke though, my bad.
Old April 19th 07, 12:31 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Elle

I have to admit to a fairly regular diet coke though, my bad.

Mine too, I just crave an icy diet coke with lime.

Elle

Old April 19th 07, 02:57 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Puester

em wrote:
Hello,
I have question regarding Diet pop and Splanda during pregnancy.
What is everyone's opinion on using diet pop and splenda?
ev

I wouldn't use either even when NOT pregnant. With so much real food on
earth, why fill your body with chemicals?

gloria p
Old April 19th 07, 07:29 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_2_]

I wouldn't use either even when NOT pregnant. With so much real food on
earth, why fill your body with chemicals?

me too, it's not great at keeping you hydrated either, if I do drink pop, I
drink the full sugar stuff, it's not great, but it's got one less group of
chemicals is it and it sends your body the right signs, there has been
various reports of problems from diet stuff, as your body thinks it is
having sugar due to the taste, which then has knock on affects because there
is no sugar there for the various systems to work on. I think splenda has
it's uses, my mum will occasionally make something for my grandma (type 2
diabetic, onset in late 70s), but would still prefer to offer something
without sugar and only does this on special occasions. In the length of time
that gestational diabetes applies, I think it's far better to focus on the
good diet, it's not something you have to follow for years, but about
3months, particularly as most things you would use splenda in aren't full of
other good stuff too, are likely to have processed carbohydrates in, etc.

Anne

Old April 20th 07, 12:48 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Elle

On Apr 18, 8:57 pm, Puester wrote:

I wouldn't use either even when NOT pregnant. With so much real food on
earth, why fill your body with chemicals?

gloria p

I have to say I have a pretty good diet, better I am sure than the
norm beacuse I love to cook, use fresh ingredients etc. Eating "real"
food is a big thing for me. That said, there is room between "filling
your body with chemicals" and abstaining completely. I just love an
icy diet coke sometimes, what can I say We all have our
weaknesses...

Elle

Old April 20th 07, 03:42 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_2_]

I have to say I have a pretty good diet, better I am sure than the
norm beacuse I love to cook, use fresh ingredients etc. Eating "real"
food is a big thing for me. That said, there is room between "filling
your body with chemicals" and abstaining completely. I just love an
icy diet coke sometimes, what can I say We all have our
weaknesses...

but when I do want an icy soft drink, I choose full sugar, not necessarily
because I want the sugar, but because my current understanding is that is
better than the diet version.

Anne

Old April 20th 07, 11:58 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Puester

Anne Rogers wrote:
I have to say I have a pretty good diet, better I am sure than the
norm beacuse I love to cook, use fresh ingredients etc. Eating "real"
food is a big thing for me. That said, there is room between "filling
your body with chemicals" and abstaining completely. I just love an
icy diet coke sometimes, what can I say We all have our
weaknesses...

but when I do want an icy soft drink, I choose full sugar, not necessarily
because I want the sugar, but because my current understanding is that is
better than the diet version.

Anne

And ice water or fruity, unsweetened iced tea is even better.

If I'm gonna have a weakness, it's going to be chocolate flavored....

gloria p
Old April 21st 07, 01:38 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Sue

Splenda wasn't around when I was pregnant, but I did enjoy a diet pop a few
times a week. I do not like regular pop, as I think they are just too sweet.
I love a good cold diet pepsi though. I did drink a cup of coffee in the
mornings with my pregnancies. No ill effects on my end. I use Splenda now
and have noticed no problems like I did with aspartame. I love Splenda and I
am glad they have come up with something better.

Sue

Healthy diet. Z Kids Health 3 March 14th 07 12:55 AM
Diet during pregnancy Ilse Witch Pregnancy 18 January 28th 05 03:50 PM
no diet Jamie Clark Pregnancy 2 November 11th 04 06:40 AM
::: [Big News] Diet Handbag & Diet Bag ::: Diet Hangbag Kids Health 0 November 28th 03 05:40 AM
1-year old Diet KimandJuan Twins & Triplets 10 September 11th 03 09:35 PM