Gift for newly pg friend

Old November 27th 07, 08:02 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
cjra

Default Gift for newly pg friend

I was pg once but I can't recall wanting anything in particular
besides books. My friend is in her early stages of pg - about 10 weeks
- with her first. I'd like to get her something but all I can think of
are books, and she's not as much of a book hound as I am.

I can think of more useful gifts to prepare for baby in late pg, but
what about early days? What would you have liked? Something on the
small/not too expensive but useful side.

Thanks
Old November 27th 07, 08:38 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

A card.

--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clark_Guest1, Password:
guest
Password

Old November 27th 07, 11:14 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

cjra wrote:
I was pg once but I can't recall wanting anything in particular
besides books. My friend is in her early stages of pg - about 10 weeks
- with her first. I'd like to get her something but all I can think of
are books, and she's not as much of a book hound as I am.

I can think of more useful gifts to prepare for baby in late pg, but
what about early days? What would you have liked? Something on the
small/not too expensive but useful side.

toiletries, nice ones, particularly things that have smells which either
reduce nausea, or boost energy levels. My husband picked up a pack of 4
small bottles of aromatherapy bubble baths, I loved them all! I good
bath was a major boost.

Anne
Old November 28th 07, 08:18 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Lucy-lu

"cjra" wrote in message
I was pg once but I can't recall wanting anything in particular
besides books. My friend is in her early stages of pg - about 10 weeks
- with her first. I'd like to get her something but all I can think of
are books, and she's not as much of a book hound as I am.

I can think of more useful gifts to prepare for baby in late pg, but
what about early days? What would you have liked? Something on the
small/not too expensive but useful side.

Thanks

Vouchers towards maternity clothes stores/nursery stores? You don't need to
get a lot, they'll all come in handy.

Lucy x

Old November 28th 07, 11:04 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Sue

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
toiletries, nice ones, particularly things that have smells which either
reduce nausea, or boost energy levels. My husband picked up a pack of 4
small bottles of aromatherapy bubble baths, I loved them all! I good bath
was a major boost.

But make sure that those things won't bother her and/or give her a headache,
or she is allergic to it. I can't tolerate perfumy stuff. I am allergic to
most lotions and make up. Bubble baths give me yeast infections. I am just
saying make sure you know her tolerance for these things before you give
them to her.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old November 28th 07, 12:12 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Ericka Kammerer

cjra wrote:
I was pg once but I can't recall wanting anything in particular
besides books. My friend is in her early stages of pg - about 10 weeks
- with her first. I'd like to get her something but all I can think of
are books, and she's not as much of a book hound as I am.

I can think of more useful gifts to prepare for baby in late pg, but
what about early days? What would you have liked? Something on the
small/not too expensive but useful side.

Does she celebrate Christmas? What about an ornament
to commemorate the pregnancy?

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old November 28th 07, 06:17 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Akuvikate

On Nov 27, 12:02 pm, cjra wrote:
I was pg once but I can't recall wanting anything in particular
besides books. My friend is in her early stages of pg - about 10 weeks
- with her first. I'd like to get her something but all I can think of
are books, and she's not as much of a book hound as I am.

I can think of more useful gifts to prepare for baby in late pg, but
what about early days? What would you have liked? Something on the
small/not too expensive but useful side.

May be a bit steep for a "token" gift, but this time around I got a
Bella Band ($25-30) and was quite tickled with it. It's a nice-
looking spandex tube that you can use for that phase when you're too
big for regular clothes and too little for maternity clothes. It
looks like an undershirt or camisole peeking out from under your shirt
and holds up your pants with the fly open. Worked quite well. I
anticipate getting some use out of it on the way back to regular
clothes too.

Kate, ignorant foot soldier of the medical cartel
and the Bug, 4 years old
and something brewing, 4/08
Old November 29th 07, 02:26 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Puester

cjra wrote:
I was pg once but I can't recall wanting anything in particular
besides books. My friend is in her early stages of pg - about 10 weeks
- with her first. I'd like to get her something but all I can think of
are books, and she's not as much of a book hound as I am.

I can think of more useful gifts to prepare for baby in late pg, but
what about early days? What would you have liked? Something on the
small/not too expensive but useful side.

When I found out my daughter was pregnant I sent her a tiny pair of red
sneakers. She and her husband were tickled at how small they were.

gloria p
Old November 30th 07, 02:28 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
cjra

On Nov 28, 8:26 pm, Puester wrote:
cjra wrote:
I was pg once but I can't recall wanting anything in particular
besides books. My friend is in her early stages of pg - about 10 weeks
- with her first. I'd like to get her something but all I can think of
are books, and she's not as much of a book hound as I am.

I can think of more useful gifts to prepare for baby in late pg, but
what about early days? What would you have liked? Something on the
small/not too expensive but useful side.

When I found out my daughter was pregnant I sent her a tiny pair of red
sneakers. She and her husband were tickled at how small they were.

gloria p

I love the sneakers idea! All the ideas are great...I didn't have much
time so I went by my old stand by of books, which she was pretty happy
with. I will remember these for next time!

L@@K newly listed in ebay gene General 0 August 21st 06 08:02 AM
Hi - newly pregnant! Zaz Pregnancy 12 March 30th 04 06:39 PM
Newly aquired night waking habit Shannon and Sheldon General 12 August 18th 03 05:29 AM
newly pierced ears Karen G General (moderated) 2 August 17th 03 09:34 PM
Recommended Books for the Newly Pregnant or TTC Carol Ann Pregnancy 21 August 12th 03 10:46 PM