Sleeping throught the night.

Old December 4th 03, 06:28 PM
Denise

Default Sleeping throught the night.

"esther323" wrote in message
link.net...

How do all you military mom do it? This is my first deployment (or my
husband's anyhow). I hate it but we are keeping very busy.

Stay very busy, and like you're trying to do, maintain a routine. It takes
my kids a while into a deployment to chill out into their normal selves, and
the younger they are, the harder its been. How long has your DH been gone?
Is it possible your daughter is still adjusting?

Old December 5th 03, 01:55 PM

LisaBell wrote:

I disagree with the whole crying it out philosophy and see nothing to
be gained from leaving a miserable child to cry alone. I'd worry less
about how long you spend in your daughter's room and work more on

Or because you convinced your baby that every little problem
needs to be dealt with by mommy and mommy alone. When
your four your year old bitch slaps another kid on the playground
and cries when the get punched in the gut will you soothe them
then?

all (most?) kids do. I have one who slept through from about 12 months
and another who didn't consistently sleep without waking at least once
(and calling for us) until around age three.

By doing nothing but a routine our 1st slept thru the night (greater
than 5hrs) at 3 months and the 2nd at 6months. We soothed them
and cared for them when they were in pain or needed something but
made sure that we didn't out of our own arrogance condition them
to need mommy & daddy for every little thing.

Never IMHO. The way I see it a child cries because they need you.

Unless you're a selfish mommy who conditioned their child to
have their every need dealt with by mommy. Only mommy can
make you feel better! I'm not a cruel mommy..you just can't
take care of yourself!!!

Your child won't be scarred for life or even feel abandonned
so long as you give them plenty of love and attention thru
the day and you don't impose your selfish values on them.

-Sanjay
Old December 5th 03, 06:48 PM
LisaBell

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 07:55:07 -0600,
wrote:

LisaBell wrote:

I disagree with the whole crying it out philosophy and see nothing to
be gained from leaving a miserable child to cry alone. I'd worry less
about how long you spend in your daughter's room and work more on

Or because you convinced your baby that every little problem
needs to be dealt with by mommy and mommy alone. When
your four your year old bitch slaps another kid on the playground
and cries when the get punched in the gut will you soothe them
then?

For a start in our family daddy took a fully equal share in dealing
with the babies, and with the kids as they grew older, so there is no
chance they'll think anything needs to be "dealt with by mommy
alone". Secondly, I really don't follow what that has to do with
slapping anyone at the playground, and my daughters are not aggresive
anyway.

all (most?) kids do. I have one who slept through from about 12 months
and another who didn't consistently sleep without waking at least once
(and calling for us) until around age three.

By doing nothing but a routine our 1st slept thru the night (greater
than 5hrs) at 3 months and the 2nd at 6months. We soothed them
and cared for them when they were in pain or needed something but
made sure that we didn't out of our own arrogance condition them
to need mommy & daddy for every little thing.

Well we are in agreement then. My suggestion was precisely to do a
consistent routine, and to check on the needs of your child when he
cries rather than ignore them, as you claim you did with yours. I
don't advocate conditioning kids to need a parent to put them to sleep
by rocking or patting them to sleep, for example.

Never IMHO. The way I see it a child cries because they need you.

Unless you're a selfish mommy who conditioned their child to
have their every need dealt with by mommy. Only mommy can
make you feel better! I'm not a cruel mommy..you just can't
take care of yourself!!!

Your child won't be scarred for life or even feel abandonned
so long as you give them plenty of love and attention thru
the day and you don't impose your selfish values on them.

Giving them attention during the day then ignoring their needs during
the night will not prevent them from feeling abandoned. When a baby
who cannot yet speak cries, he is communicating something. He might be
hungry or cold or in pain, and you just won't know if you chose to
ignore his crying, will you?

--Lisabell