Stroller covers

Old December 17th 03, 05:57 PM
laurie

Default Stroller covers

Does anyone have one of those weather tight plastic covers for their stroller?
Is it worth it? We're dealing with VERY cold temperatures (0-20 degrees F
during the warmest part of the day) and 3 feet of snow on the ground here; I'd
love to go out for a walk, but it's awfully cold. I was wondering if those
covers are worth it and if they work well? I have an Instep double jogging
stroller FWIW.

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 2.5 years and
Christopher, 8 months
Old December 17th 03, 06:29 PM
H Schinske

laurie ) wrote:

Does anyone have one of those weather tight plastic covers for their
stroller?
Is it worth it? We're dealing with VERY cold temperatures (0-20 degrees F
during the warmest part of the day) and 3 feet of snow on the ground here;
I'd
love to go out for a walk, but it's awfully cold. I was wondering if those
covers are worth it and if they work well?

I had a rain cover for my double stroller many years ago. Never thought of it
for cold weather -- I'd sooner put something insulating under the kids
(sheepskin?) and dress them warmly. I don't see why they'd need to be enclosed,
unless it's awfully windy or something.

--Helen
Old December 17th 03, 07:07 PM
HollyLewis

Does anyone have one of those weather tight plastic covers for their
stroller?
Is it worth it? We're dealing with VERY cold temperatures (0-20 degrees F
during the warmest part of the day) and 3 feet of snow on the ground here;
I'd
love to go out for a walk, but it's awfully cold. I was wondering if those
covers are worth it and if they work well? I have an Instep double jogging
stroller FWIW.

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 2.5 years and
Christopher, 8 months

I'm not aware of any plastic cover that would do anything for cold
temperatures. We have one and use it as a rain cover, for which it is useful.
But it doesn't make the stroller any warmer.

We also have the "boot" that came with our stroller, made of the same padded
upholstery material that covers the stroller seat. We used that a few times
when DS was a newborn. It's not really necessary for an older child in
California, though. :-) And I know people who've used the fleece covers for
infant carrier seats and find them handy. Something like that which would fit
your stroller seems like the better choice than a plastic cover.

I suspect the kids would be fine bundled up in snowsuits and wrapped in
blankets. Just remember they need to be dressed more warmly than you are if
they're sitting in a stroller rather than walking.

Holly
Mom to Camden, 2.5 yrs
EDD #2 6/8/04
Old December 17th 03, 07:29 PM
Sara

laurie wrote:

Does anyone have one of those weather tight plastic covers for their stroller?
Is it worth it? We're dealing with VERY cold temperatures (0-20 degrees F
during the warmest part of the day) and 3 feet of snow on the ground here; I'd
love to go out for a walk, but it's awfully cold. I was wondering if those
covers are worth it and if they work well? I have an Instep double jogging
stroller FWIW.

We have two. The cheap-o stroller has a cheap-o cover Ollie likes to
lift up so he can get wet and the neighbors can shake their heads at
me; the jogging stroller has an expensive one that fits well. They
work for rain, and (on the jogger) for keeping the wind off Ollie.

I can't imagine life without them -- what else would you do, stay
inside whenever it rains?

--
Sara, pedestrian
Old December 17th 03, 10:17 PM
laurie

I had a rain cover for my double stroller many years ago. Never thought of it
for cold weather -- I'd sooner put something insulating under the kids
(sheepskin?) and dress them warmly. I don't see why they'd need to be
enclosed,
unless it's awfully windy or something.

Helen

Well of course I'd dress them appropriately too, , but yes, it's terribly
windy and biting cold where I am.

Old December 17th 03, 10:19 PM
laurie

e have two. The cheap-o stroller has a cheap-o cover Ollie likes to
lift up so he can get wet and the neighbors can shake their heads at
me; the jogging stroller has an expensive one that fits well. They
work for rain, and (on the jogger) for keeping the wind off Ollie.

can't imagine life without them -- what else would you do, stay
inside whenever it rains?

--
Sara, pedestrian

Great, sounds good! THat's the thing, there's not a hell of a lot to do up
here, so I want to be able to go outside and go for walks.