Breast pain

Old June 19th 07, 03:44 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
V.[_2_]

Default Breast pain

Hi all,
I've been lurking for a while, and finally dared to post... sorry my
English, it's not my mother language! ;-)

I'm in my 25th week of pregnancy and I've started to feel pain in my breasts
since about 2 weeks ago.
I had it in the first trimester, it was quite bad, actually, but then went
away at about 17-18 wks, as expected.
But now it reappeared, it's like a painful burning feeling when I squeeze
them even slightly, i.e. when I put my arm across my chest to reach
something or when I lie on my side asleep and tend to make my elbows touch.
It burns a lot, it seems to be deep inside. The skin looks normal, though,
and I haven't noticed fever.
I have quite large boobs for my frame, but before the pregnancy they weren't
particularly sensitive. Now I need to wear a bra full time, even for sleep
(I wear a soft one at night, and sport bras during the day).

I'll go to the Dr's check up next Friday, but I haven't found much in
Internet about "late" breast pain, so I was wondering if someone else had
it.
Thanks!

V.

Old June 19th 07, 07:42 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
xkatx

"V." wrote in message
[...]

I believe I did with all of my pregnancies. I also do believe it's normal.
As far as an explanation goes, I really am not good with those. Others
around here, I'm sure, can give you better answers with good facts and
reasons!
It sounds normal to me. Breasts can get tender at the beginning and the
tenderness can go away. It can also stay the whole time or show up any
time. Everyone is different, so what is 'normal' seems to vary quite a bit.
I wouldn't be too concerned. I don't think it sounds like a problem.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but with hormonal changes and your body
getting ready for a baby and getting ready to nurse and all that, it's not
uncommon for something like this!
I can't offer much, but I can tell you I had this problem. There was a few
times while pg that I got elbowed in the boob and it would almost bring
tears to my eyes. I found a good, supportive bra did help.

Old June 21st 07, 07:14 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Engram

V. wrote:
[...]

I totally sympathise. I had extremely sensitive nipples in the second half
of both my pregnancies. Worse with the first one. They would actually turn
blue when I undressed, like from extreme cold. And they would be extremely
sensitive and hurt really badly. I dreaded having to get up in the morning
and having to change into daytime clothes. And I used to cry in the shower
because it hurt so much even just having water on them and I didn't even
turn on the shower really hard. I'd turn my body sideways to reach for
something because having the pressure from my arm on the breast was
excruciating. It went away as soon as I gave birth.

The doctors and midwives couldn't tell me much about what I was
experiencing. I got shrugs and some blank stares and mumbled explanations
about hormonal changes and skin sensitivity during pregnancy.

I hope it gets better for you soon.

Engram

Pain in Breast Patagonia Breastfeeding 5 November 25th 05 12:18 PM
Going off pill and breast pain Jennifer Pregnancy 4 December 3rd 03 04:27 PM
breast pain-not thrush Kim Breastfeeding 2 November 25th 03 07:55 AM
Teething = breast pain? AlenasMom Breastfeeding 1 October 3rd 03 03:34 AM
Serious pain in breast (not nipple) when bf Sam Lowry Breastfeeding 4 August 16th 03 05:58 AM