A President Calls for a Ban on spanking

Old September 10th 05, 05:54 AM
Doan

Oh, what a tangled web we weaved... little "never-spanked" boy!

;-)

On 9 Sep 2005 wrote:

One must be deliberate to lie. One can, conversely, simply make a
mistake, inadvertently, and as long as it was not done knowing the
truth and deliberately deceIving, then it is not a lie.

On the other hand, when one does NOT know if the other person is
mistaken or lying and claims they are lying, then that person is
themselves lying. Unless of course they simply make a mistake in the
other knowledge and intent. 0:-

Or can provide proof the other person lies according to standard
definitions of "lie."

The little dancing monkey does not know the language sufficiently to
claim other's are lying, without lying himself.

Or did the dancing monkey simply make a mistake? I've seen it make many
of both.

R R R R R R R

How would the dancing hysterical monkey prove I intended to decieve,
eh? He is either lying, or mistaken. Only he knows which, but only we,
not being dancing monkeys, know that it is one or the other.

0:-

lie2 Audio pronunciation of "lie" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (l)
n.

1. A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a
falsehood.
2. Something meant to deceive or give a wrong impression.

v. lied, ly=B7ing, (lng) lies
v. intr.

1. To present false information with the intention of deceiving.
2. To convey a false image or impression: Appearances often lie.

mis=B7take Audio pronunciation of "mistaken" ( P ) Pronunciation Key
(m-stk)
n.

1. An error or fault resulting from defective judgment, deficient
knowledge, or carelessness.
2. A misconception or misunderstanding.

v. mis=B7took, (m-stk) mis=B7tak=B7en, (m-stkn) mis=B7tak=B7ing, mis=B7ta=

kes
v. tr.

1. To understand wrongly; misinterpret: mistook my politeness for
friendliness.
2. To recognize or identify incorrectly: He mistook her for her
sister.

v. intr.

To make a mistake; err.

Old September 10th 05, 04:51 PM

Now THIS is interesting, given the type of government I WAS familiar
with in Taiwan. I spent considerable time there in the somewhat distant
past. Apparently things are changing. Even Capital Punishment is being
reduced, with far fewer executions than before.

But here is what the president had to say about spanking:

" ... Later in the day, Chen received representatives of organizations
advocating children's rights, including the International Save the
Children Alliance and Taiwan-based Humanistic Education Foundation,
Chen, saying that cases involving child abuse have been reported more
frequently than ever, and called for banning corporal punishment of
children in Taiwan's Educational Basic Law in a bid to change society.

"I am absolutely against corporal punishment of children, or of women.
Unfortunately, we see more and more cases regarding corporal punishment
in families, schools and many corners of the society," he said.

I would like to have the Ministry of Education include a ban on such
punishments in Taiwan's Educational Basic Law," Chen said.

Chen said that Taiwan is becoming a country with no corporal punishment
of children, as a showcase of education in Asia. Representatives said
that not all adults realize that corporal punishment invades human
rights of children and is a kind of child abuse.

"People don't know such punishment might create negative impacts on
children both mentally and physically in the long term," said Dominique
Pierre Plateau of the International Save the Children Alliance, which
was founded in 1919 and offers assistance in 111 countries.

Representatives suggest that, in the era of human rights, Taiwan's
government has to offer people new ways to review the necessity of
corporal punishment, a method used for generations in the society to
discipline children. ..."
http://www.nospank.net/shuibian.htm

That, LaVonne, should be good news. Taiwan is one of the three most
powerful nations in the Far East. Chen has great influence in the other
two, and other nations all over the Far East.

And, unlike ANY president before him, has taken a personal public stand
against CP, both the Capital kind, and the Corporal kind with children.

It won't be as long as I thought...and I have a soft spot for asia when
it comes to this as I KNOW they know how to incorporate new models
rapidly and universally once the government has spoken.

In fact, for President Chen to say this publically is a notice to the
public that he is going to fund a program. Just like politicians
everywhere, he carefully ways what he says publically, and very often
announces such things, then follows up with the action described. Makes
them look "decisive" and action oriented. No pun intended -- I think.

0:-

Old September 12th 05, 10:36 PM

Well, well, well, so it isn't pseudo-Kane still thumping his same old
tripe, pretending he hasn't posted in favor of using tasers on
children. Hum....curious that you support punishing parents who have
used reasonable force while supporting those who've used tasers on
kids.

Non-spanker by choice,
Chris C.
TX

Old September 17th 05, 04:06 AM

Well, well, well, so it isn't pseudo-Kane still thumping his same old
tripe, pretending he hasn't posted in favor of using tasers on
children. Hum....curious that you support punishing parents who have
used reasonable force

Sorry, you felt the need to lie again. I've never posted in favor of
any such thing. I have, recently though, posted in favor of changing
what IS and isn't reasonable force in parenting. Biiiig difference. You
are the parent hater, not me.

while supporting those who've used tasers on
kids.

Well, well, well, if it isn't the same old...wait now....I'm sure I can
remember if I try....Chris that when he was caught in plagerism and
argued the legalities split himself up into two, or was it three people
posting, all of whom "agreed" with "Chris" (though the claim was
totally bogus and inaccurate)
but forgot that IP addies if duplicates are most likely to be the same
person.

What a gas.

By the way, when did I support parents using tasers for discipline? In
fact when did I support the police using force for "discipline?"

In each and every case it was a police action under very dangerous
circumstances for all, including and often MOSTLY the child.

A kid running, drunk, into traffic, a smaller child hacking on himself
with broken glass and holding off anyone that approached. A teen that
would not removing his hands from his pockets when ordered to by duly
appointed authority under volatile circumstances.

So, Chris, you little phoney, you post here for us where I ever
defended the use of the taser for disciplining a child..punishing
them.. and you can show that I'm the liar, rather than you. 0:-

Non-spanker by choice,

Chris C. has no children. And never has. So that's like saying "Kane,
non-Surgeon by choice."

I don't have a medical degree. He doesn't have children. Which makes ME
honest, and him a liar. But then, what's changed.

Or he can admit he has not children, and show I'm wrong about his
honesty and ethics.

Chris C.
TX

Not that anyone should waste their time on you, but if they'd like to
argue with me about your ethics and morals I'd suggest they google your
posting history to this newsgroup. It's a gas. And even in trying to
remove your incriminating posts you fuggled up and removed the wrong
one and left that one that made it plain what a dishonest little prick
you are. Nothing quite so entertainly as a stupid liar. Much funnier
than your run of the mill liar.

0:-

But I do thank you for the opportunity to draw attention once again to
yet another country moving so strongly toward outlawing spanking. Pres.
Chen is to be admired. A man of character. Enjoy.

Old September 21st 05, 07:16 AM
Mountain Bill

wrote in message
oups.com...

In fact, for President Chen to say this publically is a notice to the
public that he is going to fund a program. Just like politicians
everywhere, he carefully ways what he says publically, and very often
announces such things, then follows up with the action described. Makes
them look "decisive" and action oriented. No pun intended -- I think.

"he carefully ways" Heh heh what in the Hell does that mean? "ways" Of
course you are aware that we now owe Asia and other countries for financing
our war don't ya now.
http://abcnews.go.com/ThisWeek/
bil

Debate on spanking Doan General 0 June 12th 04 08:30 PM
| | Kids should work... Kane Spanking 12 December 10th 03 02:30 AM
| | Kids should work... Kane Foster Parents 3 December 8th 03 11:53 PM
Kids should work. ChrisScaife Spanking 16 December 7th 03 04:27 AM