In Harm's Way / Who's telling the truth?

Old September 21st 05, 06:33 AM
Mountain Bill

Default In Harm's Way / Who's telling the truth?

wrote in message
oups.com...
That could be because they are prone not to be telling the truth when
they make allegations. I've worked with the population.I've walked kids to

the phone and handed it to them, and dialed their
worker for them, and invited them to tell the worker, or anyone they'd
like me to call, of their claim I struck or otherwise injured them.

It's very common.

Heh. heh,heh Ms, Kane the liar confesses. No, Asshole, don't YOU make our
children out to be liar's, when in fact,
it is you. You- child beating lying ******* -coming into Usenet to call
others abuser's just to ease your guilty conscience. Why did they make such
a claim? Because it IS true. You accuse others when in fact you hide, scurry
and dodge like a weasel with latchy ticks on both nuts. Heh, heh. I will
believe the children over your soggy mushbutt crock of **** anyday. You
struck and injured them or they would not claim as much. You maybe even
smacked them while they were begging to use the phone? Remember? You think
it isn't known?
Bill

Old September 22nd 05, 09:24 AM

Mountain Bill wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Funny you should bring this up, Denn...sorry, "Bill."

I only used physical force twice with all the kids I worked with, some
quite dangerous. The first one was day one on the job, when I was
supposed to NOT interact, but simply observe for a three day period.

A kid went off on staff and kids and used a skateboard to knock out a
beveled glass window. He was pitching them down the length of a long
living room at staff and kids, who were ducking behind furniture.
Almost like a discus thrower without the windup.

I was coming out of the hallway behind him when the glass hit the fan,
so to speak, and dispite my "observer" non-interaction instruction and
status, I decided, what the hell and tackled him.

I thought he'd kill me of course. He must have outweighed me by 20
pounds or so, and was an inch taller than me. Turns out he was
sedentary mostly, and soft. No match for a fit adult male. He left in
handcuffs, with fresh bandanges on his hands from the cuts he inflicted
on himself, and I dressed the wounds and put on the bandages. Visited
him later in the psych ward. We had a nice chat and I made some
suggestions to him about how to get out sooner and get on with the
therapy he needed. He seemed to accept that.

The other one was the very first kid that I "took down" to the floor
for a safety hold. The instant I had him down I KNEW that this was
being used by staff to hurt and punish, not for safety.

I got up, got the boy up, and asked him to put his hand on my shoulder
and stick close so we'd both feel safer and more secure. The reasons I
chose that way have to do with mental health work training. I doubt
you'd understand how to set up a safe situation to calm a child.

He was kind of in shock over this action of mine, as he'd never been
treated like that and had used provocation to force staff into coming
close and having physical contact. He always, with staff, prior to me,
had used that "I need attention" ploy for this very understandable
purpose. He didn't know how to be with people socially in other ways. A
physically and emotionally abused child from age 16 months, his record
said. We got him at 12.

My next act after getting it that staff were misusing holding techiques
was to start a campaign to use touch and linkup techniques to replace
the brutal bull****.

Linking is just letting the kid grab a piece of the staff's clothing
and be led around for a few minutes. It's very calming for the child,
and staff doesnt' have to wonder where this kid is and what he's up to.
Very healht for all, but just a step toward empowerment and
independence for the kid.

Fascinating work, mental health treatment with teens. But boy, can they
get crasy. It's that early abuse and neglect thing that does it, and
the booze in utero, the drugs etc.

Tell us again about how your children don't lie?

I might be able to pass something on to new treatment folks. They seem
to run into it in the clients rather often. You could really be doing a
lot to help kids by your sharing.

Thanks, Denn...sorry, I just can't get my fingers around that b.i.l.l.
thingie on the keyboard. I'm so obsessive about facts and truth. Guess
it's a problem I should have a shrink check out with me.

0:-