Happy Mother's Day

Old May 14th 06, 12:37 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Default Happy Mother's Day

To all the moms, and to all the dads who are dads AND moms :-)

(so how come I have to make my own coffee??)

Old May 15th 06, 02:53 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message
To all the moms, and to all the dads who are dads AND moms :-)

(so how come I have to make my own coffee??)

Same to you, as well as everyone else!
Funny... I don't drink coffee, but I didn't get the day to ME anyways...
I got no cards or gifts today, but B did bring home a little snap dragon
plant on Friday from school, as well as a little booklet thing for moms
THAT is good enough for me as it saves trying to find space for more stuff!
I did have breakfast made for me, and boy was it good!
We had to go for a lunch BBQ at my grandma's for 1 today, and I had thought
we'd stop at Norm's mom's house in the morning, early, on our way to the
other side of the city to my grandma's house... Yesterday, oddly enough,
we're driving home from my mom's house in the truck with the hide-a-bed and
chair we picked up to put in the basement, and we're stopped at a red
light... I look over and at the park there's a guy sitting on the bench. I
look at him (he doesn't see me) and I say to Norm, "Oh, there's your
brother" - joking, as this guy sitting reminded me of a Jesus, and it turns
out to be his brother, so I call out like an obnoxious child and sure
enough, it is him... Turn the giant, monster of a truck around and park it
and talk for a few minutes, and I make mention of stopping at Mom's house
(Norm and Pete's mom) tomorrow and say we'd stop in the morning. Pete
(Norm's bro) then that night decides we'll go over and he'll make a
breakfast/brunch thing. So, I had a great big omlette with cheese,
mushrooms, green peppers and ham with some bacon and hash browns. VERY
excellent, as I totally LOVE Pete's cooking, and, for once, it wasn't me
making the food!
Rush to the other side of the city to Grandma's, first swapping the nasty
truck for my car, and have a great BBQ of hamburgers and hotdogs from hell,
my mom's famous hashbrown caserole, macaroni and potato salads, corn on the
cob and tons of food and desserts! Had breakfast at 1030ish, lunch at
around 2 and I was starving for both! Now I'm ready for a snack...

Ooh... And... Norm spread the news to my mom and my cousin, anyways, at my
grandma's house today... It, actually, went over quite well, I think... No
explosions, and I think he did a good job with it, although he did it when I
wasn't there. My mom just kind of huffed, and Norm simply said that we've
decided to finish off our part of the family with one last one and then
we're done and through it all. My mom kind of sighed a huffy sigh, I guess,
and there was no one upset, angry or anything. It's all over and done with
now, and my mom wasn't really happy-happy-joy-joy, although my cousin was

Old May 17th 06, 04:16 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message
To all the moms, and to all the dads who are dads AND moms :-)

(so how come I have to make my own coffee??)

Late reply but Happy Mother's Day!