new MEDICAL BOOK "the HEALING - CURATIVE MINERAL HOT SPRINGS of IPATI, THERMOPYLES ( THERMOPYLAE ) ( HOT GATES ) , KONIAVITI, KAMENA VOURLA, AEDIPSOS,", and the remaining hot mineral springs, in GREECE.

Old March 11th 07, 04:10 PM posted to misc.kids.health
2007-mar-12

Default new MEDICAL BOOK "the HEALING - CURATIVE MINERAL HOT SPRINGS of IPATI, THERMOPYLES ( THERMOPYLAE ) ( HOT GATES ) , KONIAVITI, KAMENA VOURLA, AEDIPSOS,", and the remaining hot mineral springs, in GREECE.

new MEDICAL BOOK "the HEALING - CURATIVE MINERAL HOT SPRINGS of IPATI,
THERMOPYLES ( THERMOPYLAE ) ( HOT GATES ) , KONIAVITI, KAMENA VOURLA,
AEDIPSOS,", and the remaining hot mineral springs, in GREECE.

in ENGLISH and FRENCH ( FRANCAIS ) GERMAN ( DEUTSCH ) ITALIAN
( ITALIANO ) and GREEK languages, illustrated, 80 pages.

ON SALE , at the THERMOPYLES SNACK BAR, at the town of Thermopyles,
and on the INTERNET, WORLDWIDE DELIVERY by AIR MAIL, please visit the
forum www.mineralspringsingreece.tk
or http://pub2.bravenet.com/forum/148008280/ and / or send e-
mail , ,

The natural medicinal hot thermal springs have therapeutic and
rejuvenating qualities. Their water we see today is rain that fail
20,000 years ago, that seeped down through the earth surface to a
depth of deeper than 3000 metres. Natural heat raised the temperature
to between 64-96 degrees centigrade. The water rises up to the surface
through fissures pumping thousands of gallons a day into the wellhead
and contains many different minerals.

Mind Body and Soul. All the SECRETS for Medicinal bathing.
1. the Therapeutic properties for well-being, cleanness, vivification,
relaxation, detoxication, prevention, good health, and for life
extension.
2. the COSMETIC properties για Smoothing the Skin.

IF YOU SUFFER OF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING :

1. chronic diseases, posttraumatic deformities and ankylosis,
paralysis and muscle atrophy, neurological, gynaecological and
vascular disorders, respiratory conditions, lungs cancer, pulmonary
emphysema, hormonal complaints, coronary insufficiency, heart
ailments, fast pulsation, eczema, dermatological conditions, and
metastatic CANCER ( we re-discovered the LOST KNOWLEDGE),

HERE ARE a few chapters:

3. CATEGORIES OF CURATIVE SPRINGS,

4. CHARACTERISTICS AND PROPERTIES OF THE CURATIVE SPRINGS,

5. THE INFLUENCE OF THE THERMAL AND SUBCONSCIOUS FACTOR IN SPRINGS,

7. THERAPEUTIC INDICATIONS OF SPA THERAPY IN COMPLAINTS WHICH BENEFIT
FROM THE HOT MINERAL SPRINGS,

8. HOW CURATIVE BATHS SHOULD BE PRACTICED, 9. SPA REACTION,

10. CONTRA-INDICATIONS OF SPA THERAPY.

THERMOPYLES ( THERMOPYLAE ) ( HOT GATES ) : The thermal springs of
Thermopyles were known since antiquity, and the existence of the
thermal mineral water, flowing through the narrow pass of land, gave
the name of the area 'thermo' and 'pyles' ( gates ). In the Mythology
the Goddess Athena, ordered her brother God Hephaestus, to create the
thermal springs of Thremopyles, as a gift to the Hero Hercules, for
him, to have medicinal bathing, and to heal his traumas ( wounds )
after his contests.

IPATI : The mineral waters of Ipati, come to the surface, most
probably at the year 427 B.C. ( before Christ ), during a strong
earthquake, that occured at that time, and caused heavy damages in the
whole area of Sterea Ellada and in the island of Evoia. The spring was
honored to the Goddess Aphrodite ( Venus ).

AEDIPSOS : The thermal waters of Aedipsos were known since the fourth
( 4rth ) cenctury B.C. ( before Christ ). They were named "Thermae of
the Hero Hercules", like the thermal springs of Thermopyles. The same
myth applies here too. Aedipsos was well famous for the Mineral
Tourism since the Roman Empire era.

THERMOPYLES ( THERMOPYLAE ) ( HOT GATES ) :

Do you remember : Leonidas' reply to Xerxes : "Molòn lábe"-"Come and
take them." ?

Please REFRESH your memory …

THERMOPYLAE

MIGHTY BATTLE EPIC OF A HANDFULL OF MEN …
FORMING THE INVINCIBLE FLYING “WEDGE” –
AGAINST A KILLER HORDE FIVE MILLION STRONG !

Plot summary for The 300 Spartans

Essentially true story of how Spartan king Leonidas led an extremely
small army of Greek Soldiers (300 of them his personal body guards
from Sparta) to hold off an invading Persian army more than 20 times
as large. The actual heroism of those who stood (and ultimately died)
with Leonidas helped shape the course of Western Civilization,
allowing the Greek city states time to organize an army which repelled
the Persians. Set in 480 BC.

1. Film review: The 300 Spartans - The Lion of Sparta (1962)

http://www.iranian.com/DariusKadivar...tan/index.html

Also Known As (AKA)

Löwe von Sparta, Der Austria / West Germany
300 héroes, Los Chile
300 spartalaista Finland
300 spartan Poland
Bataille des Thermopyles, La France
Eroe di Sparta, L' Italy
Leon tis Spartis, O Greece
Lion of Sparta (undefined)
Mahi ton Thermopylon, I Greece (reissue title)

2a. Posters for The 300 Spartans (1962)

2b. Posters on other sites

http://www.impawards.com/1962/three_..._spartans.html (Theatrical
Movie Poster)

Memorable quotes for
The 300 Spartans (1962)

Narrator: Across the hush of 24 centuries, this is the story of a
turning point in history, of a blazing day when 300 Greek warriors
fought here to hold with their lives their freedom and ours.

Xerxes, Persian King: It was my father's dream. One world, one master.
But to Marathon ten years ago he sent a mere wave. I am leading an
ocean!

Themistocles of Athens: The whole of Asia is descending upon us. Many
times more men than there are Greeks. These men are fierce, savage,
bloodthirsty, merciless. But that is not the reason why we should fear
them. That is not the source of their power. Their power lies in their
unity. Unity! Remember that one terrible word which will surely
destroy Greece, unless we counter it with a unity of our own. A unity
of free men fighting together resisting this united tide of tyranny.

Leonidas, Spartan King: A Spartan king cannot act without the
authority of his people. But I know my people, and I know they will
fight.
Themistocles of Athens: Will they lead all others?
Leonidas, Spartan King: Sparta will fight, whether others will follow
or not.

Leonidas, Spartan King: The council must act quickly
Xenathon, Spartan Isolationist: Why?
Leonidas, Spartan King: In order that we Spartans may reach the first
line of defense in time.
Xenathon, Spartan Isolationist: And where might that be?
Leonidas, Spartan King: The Pass of Thermopylae.
Xenathon, Spartan Isolationist: Thermopylae, of course. That's the
pass that protects Athens.
Leonidas, Spartan King: No! It's the pass that protects GREECE! Mere
cities don't matter now. It is Greece that counts! Only by being
united can we hope to avoid slavery. Now, I am no politician, but I
will plead this cause with you until the moon wanes and the night
brings forth a new day!

Themistocles of Athens: Truth is a heady wine. A politician must never
exaggerate people's capacity for it.

Leonidas, Spartan King: Spartans! We have reached Thermopylae. The
orders a From this wall, we do not retreat!

Demaratus, Exiled Spartan King: The Spartans will certainly fight,
whether reinforcements arrive or not.
Xerxes, Persian King: Why, they are mad. I cannot think why you would
want to be king of such an extraordinary people, Demaratus. I shall
capture them alive and put them in cages to exhibit them all over
Persia.

Pentheus, Leonidas' Second in Command: He saved my life, Leonidas.
Leonidas, Spartan King: I know that. He also disobeyed orders.
[to Phylon]
Leonidas, Spartan King: In wartime, the punishment is death. You know
that Phylon.
Phylon, son of Grellas: Yes.
Leonidas, Spartan King: So death it will be.
[to Agathon]
Leonidas, Spartan King: Get him his armor and a red cloak. That's the
only way for Spartans to die these days.

Demaratus, Exiled Spartan King: The Spartans will certainly fight,
whether reinforcements arrive or not.
Xerxes, Persian King: Why, they are mad. I cannot think why you would
want to be king of such an extraordinary people, Demaratus. I shall
capture them alive and put them in cages and exhibit them all over
Persia.

Hydarnes, Commander of the Immortals: [Xerxes has sent an emissary to
demand the Spartan surrender] yesterday, we only probed your
positions. When we attack today, our arrows will blot out the sun!
Leonidas, Spartan King: Good; then we will fight in the shade.
Hydarnes, Commander of the Immortals: Leonidas; you cannot win this
fight.
Leonidas, Spartan King: Every day we stand is another day for Greece.
[Starts to walk off]
Hydarnes, Commander of the Immortals: Leonidas, wait! Xerxes says that
if you and your men lay down your arms, he will allow you to leave
peaceably.
Leonidas, Spartan King: [In Greek] Come and take them!

Agathon the Spartan Spy: Leonidas! The barbarians have sent an
emissary to talk with you. It is Hidarnes himself.
Leonidas, Spartan King: Hidarnes? Good, get me a clean cloak.
Agathon the Spartan Spy: How many men do you want for an escort?
Leonidas, Spartan King: [Scornfully] When has a Spartan king needed an
escort to talk to a mere Persian?

Gorgo, Leonidas' Wife: In the absence of your dead mother, I present
you this shield and say to you
[speaking in Greek]
Gorgo, Leonidas' Wife: 'Return with the shield or on it'.
Woman at Shield Ceremony: What does that mean?
Ellas, Leonidas' Niece: Either return carrying this shield in victory
or carried on the shield in death.

Leonidas, Spartan King: Why were you not in council?
Agathon the Spartan Spy: Because I'm not a good liar. I don't want to
frighten them.
Leonidas, Spartan King: Then the army is as enormous as they say?
Agathon the Spartan Spy: Leonidas, it is bigger than anything you can
imagine. For six days, I watched them pass. Six days! I ran out of
numbers and still more of them came. They're drinking the rivers dry.
And at night there are more of their campfires than there are stars in
the sky!
Leonidas, Spartan King: Good. When I was a boy, I always wanted to
reach the stars with my spear.

Narrator: "Oh, Stranger, tell the Spartans that we lie here obedient
to their word." This last message of the fallen heroes rallied Greece
to victory, first at Salamis, as predicted, and then at Plataea. But
it was more than a victory for Greece. It was a stirring example to
free people throughout the world of what a few brave men can
accomplish once they refuse to submit to tyranny.

and the REMAKE of the 1962 film about about the Battle of
Thermoplyae.

2. Film review: the 300 SPARTANS.

FIGHT LIKE A SPARTAN.

to DIE in BATTLE, is to LIVE FOREVER ...

http://300themovie.warnerbros.com/

Comments by Critics

C1: 300 isn't just a movie, it's the next step in filmmaking.

LARRY CARROLL, MTV.

C2: An epic and awesome experience. It's not just a movie, it's an
event. You must see this definitive blockbuster !

MARK S. ALLEN CBS TV

C3: 300 is nothing short of jaw-dropping and operatic filmmaking.

SAM HALLENBECK, NBC TV TAMPA

C4: Awesome ! Every so often, a film comes along that changes the way
we watch
movies. 300 is that film. It's the most unique movie going
experience of a generation.
300 raises the bar to unreachable heights.

C4: Stunning. A masterpiece that is audacious, thrilling, sexy, and
totally mesmerizing. An extraordinary and compelling film.

PAUL FISCHER, DARK HORIZONS

C5: 300 percent action. 300 percent exhilarating. It's the best movie,
of the last decade.

ROBERT SANCHEZ, IESB NET

C6: A rockin' movie experience. Find the biggest screen you can and
get ready to be wowed.

STEVE OLDFIELD, FOX-TV

C07: http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com...60&Ite mid=99

VIDEO: Nine New Film Clips, from WB's 300!

"300" is a ferocious retelling of the ancient Battle of Thermopylae in
which King Leonidas (Gerard Butler) and 300 Spartans fought to the
death against Xerxes and his massive Persian army. Facing
insurmountable odds, their valor and sacrifice inspire all of Greece
to unite against their Persian enemy, drawing a line in the sand for
democracy.

Inspired by the work of graphic novelist Frank Miller, creator of "Sin
City," "300" is an epic adventure about passion, courage, freedom and
sacrifice embodied by the Spartan warriors who fought one of the
greatest battles in history. Co-written and directed by Zack Snyder
("Dawn of the Dead"), the film brings Miller's acclaimed graphic novel
to life by combining live action with virtual backgrounds that capture
his distinct vision of this ancient historic tale.

Warner Bros. Pictures presents in association with Legendary Pictures
and Virtual Studios, a Mark Canton / Gianni Nunnari Production, "300."
The film stars Gerard Butler ("Phantom of the Opera"), Lena Headey
("The Brothers Grimm"), David Wenham ("The Lord of the Rings" trilogy)
and Dominic West ("The Forgotten"). The screenplay is written by Zack
Snyder & Kurt Johnstad and Michael B. Gordon, based on the graphic
novel by Frank Miller and Lynn Varley.

"300" is produced by Gianni Nunnari ("The Departed"), Mark Canton
("Land of the Dead"), Bernie Goldmann ("Land of the Dead") and Jeffrey
Silver ("Training Day") with Deborah Snyder, Frank Miller, Craig J.
Flores, Thomas Tull, William Fay and Benjamin Waisbren serving as
executive producers.

Joining Snyder behind the scenes were director of photography Larry
Fong, production designer James Bissell, editor William Hoy, costume
designer Michael Wilkinson, and visual effects supervisor Chris Watts.
The music is by Tyler Bates. Warner Bros Records is distributing the
score soundtrack album, comprised entirely of Bates' music, with the
film's March 9th theatrical release.

Concurrently with the film's debut in conventional theaters, "300: The
IMAX Experience" will be released in IMAX(R) theatres worldwide. This
film has been digitally re-mastered into The IMAX Experience(R) with
proprietary IMAX DMR(R) (Digital Re-mastering) technology. 300: The
IMAX Experience marks the thirteenth IMAX film with Warner Bros.
Pictures to date. IMAX theatres will allow audiences to experience the
Spartans' fight for freedom and glory on some of the world's largest
screens, surrounded by state-of-the-art digital surround sound.
IMAX(R), IMAX(R) 3D, IMAX DMR(R), IMAX MPX(R), and The IMAX
Experience(R) are trademarks of IMAX Corporation. More information on
the Company can be found at www.imax.com.

"300" is distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner
Bros. Entertainment Company. This film has been rated "R" for "graphic
battle sequences throughout, some sexuality and nudity."

Film Clips

This Is Sparta!
What Would A Free Man Do
Then We Will Fight In The Shade
Lay Down Your Weapons
Push Them Towards The Cliffs
You Must Be Xerxes
No Retreat, No Surrender, That Is Spartan Law
You Have A Story To Tell
Speech To The Council

B O O K S

B1 : the 300 : by Frank Miller ( Author)

B2 : Gates of Fi An Epic Novel of the Battle of Thermopylae
(Paperback)
by Steven Pressfield (Author) "Third day of Tashritu, Fifth Year of
His Majesty's Accession, south of the Lokrian border, the Army of the
Empire having continued its advance unopposed..."

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/055...3599689&sr=1-2

B3: Thermopylae: The Battle for the West (Paperback)
by Ernle Bradford (Author) "THE WHOLE OF THE EAST was on the move..."

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/030...3599689&sr=1-2

Comment below written by: Xenophon

I am from Greece, the tomb of our unknown soldier depicts a soldier
from that heroic age. Thermopyles was truly defining, the efforts and
sacrifice made 2,500yrs ago led to the Classical Period and we are
grateful for this. For Greeks especially yes we feel patriotism but
for many and above all else it's an undying gratitude for their
bravery as history acknowledges they held true till their last breath.

Spartan women also had more rights than the women of Athens which many
Athenian elitist regarded as unworthy of education, their roles
limited to cooking and spinning wool. Spartan women however were
afforded a strong voice and rights and some more, they could own land
also and they maintained government while their husbands and sons
defended their homeland. Queen Gorgo Leonidas' wife is famous in
Greece for replying to an Athenian aristocrat "Only Spartan women give
birth to men".

If it were not for Leonidas drawing that line in the sand the
Classical age of Greece would never have existed. Xerxes would have
enslaved all of Greece, marched onto Magna Grecia conquering the Greek
colonies in southern Italy, proceeded unto a Rome still in its infancy
and trounced it before it too could rise to the prominence we all know
of. Persian would be the lingua franca. Some will argue but it didn't
matter the outcome of this battle as Persians had some advancements,
yes that is true but could they have engendered the type of inquiry
that was the product of Classical Greece? Many scholars disagree. The
reason being that theory and inquiry was forbidden, the rare instances
it was allowed was only in the presence of a master.

The Greeks could have held the pass long enough for the remaining
larger army to arrive if they were not cheated by the traitor
Elphiates who's name means nightmare for Greeks 2,500yrs later still!!
So you see although it is easier for some to be cynical about issues -
no matter the outcome many years from now only a few will be
remembered as brave But some will also be eternally remembered for
their cowardice and spite. This is true.

Leonidas did not have to fight at Thermopyles, an authoritative
council was against it but he sensed impending enslavement and
submission where others did not, PC and politics was never going to
stand in the way of defending his homeland and that he achieved as a
King, a leader and a free man alongside other free brave men. Itan I
Ipitas. The Thespians also did not have to stay until the last man, it
was not in their creed as it was of Sparta. It's in times of
uncertainty bravery conquers all other feelings..

Here is a video from Greece of Leonidas, The Spartans, the song in it
is a famous poem called Axion Isti, translated - "It is worthy". We
cry when we here this song because we are grateful for sacrifices made
for our freedom throughout the ages.

May I say also that dhimmitude is overrated, we know this in Greece
for close to 500yrs under the Ottomans. We wish Leonidas and his men
were alive then to defend us from dark centuries.. but alas.
Liberalism and appeasement will not defend us from captivity and much
worse, nor will surrender and retreat. It's men like Leonidas' 300 and
Thespia's brave that save the day for the rest of us...

We have a saying in Greece also "opou zhs kai patris", where you are
is home. We know for ourselves in our hearts what is this place of
value, if not then we are still searching like Jason in the Odyssey..
Ithaki is an island of the west coast of Greece, in ancient times it
was renowned for the happiness its citizens enjoyed, Homer uses its
significance as a place of cheer and contentment symbolically for all
of us... it's why those who know their Ithaki, its true value and
richness will defend it as much as they cherish it also, it's also why
miserable people who are always negative cynical and nasty don't know
how to bravely defend anything of real value... it's missing from
their hearts to begin with.

God bless America and its proud citizens who know its worth. God bless
and protect your brave men and women in uniform everywhere.

V I D E O S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIhps...elated&search=

Here is a fantastic historical documentary about the Spartan Heroes,
who sacrificed their lives for the good of all mankind at the Battle
of Thermopylae.

Video 1

http://youtube.com/watch?v=R6BDHGa4CEY

Video 2