Newly aquired night waking habit

Old August 16th 03, 05:04 PM
Karen

Default loving medicine (was Newly aquired night waking habit)

Bev Brandt wrote:

What I do in the case of other over-the-counter medications is to
stress - even at 2 or 3 - that medicine is not like candy and that one
shouldn't *always* take medicine. My older children seem to understand
the seeming contradiction that some medicine when you're really sick
is *good,* and too much medicine is *bad.*

And if they don't get it, one trip to the ER for acetimenophen levels will cure them of it. :-p
BTDT. And if you think the meds are high enough, think again and put them higher and more secure
and don't let great-grandmothers use old pill bottles with pennies in them as impromptu toys because
very small children can quickly learn how to undo child-proof caps if given enough opportunity.

Lessons learned here.

Old August 18th 03, 03:09 AM
Shana

"toypup" wrote in message

"Shana" wrote in message
. ca...
This is the problem I have with those new gummy bear vitamins. I don't

know
if you all know what I am talking about but, as the name suggests, they

are
vitamins with iron, in gummy bear form. They look like candy and

children
think they *are* candy. Here they come in a regular cardboard box with
cellophane wrapping. Not very child proof IMHO, and altogether *too*

child
friendly for a drug which *could* kill.
Whew! I feel better now---Had to vent! LOL!

We have gummy vites, but they don't have iron. I wish DS would take them,
but he doesn't like candy or anything that looks like candy. He won't

take
any other vitamins, either. Can't they make vitamins that look like
chocolate?

LOL! That brings to memory (I don't really know why) that when my sister was
in 3rd grade someone was stealing all the treats out of the kids lunches, so
my mom put that chocolate ex-lax in for a treat and my sis had instructions
not to eat it. After recess it was gone. At about two o'clock there were two
kids who were really "sick" they went to the nurse with the "runs" and the
perps. were caught! Sneaky eh?

It's a good thing, I think, that there are no chocolate vitamins or I would
O.D.! LOL!

Old August 18th 03, 05:29 AM
toypup

"Shana" wrote in message
. ca...
LOL! That brings to memory (I don't really know why) that when my sister

was
in 3rd grade someone was stealing all the treats out of the kids lunches,

so
my mom put that chocolate ex-lax in for a treat and my sis had

instructions
not to eat it. After recess it was gone. At about two o'clock there were

two
kids who were really "sick" they went to the nurse with the "runs" and the
perps. were caught! Sneaky eh?

Well, I'm not so sure I like the idea of drugging 3rd graders. You never
know when someone has an allergy or medical condition that would have made
it dangerous. I myself am allergic to Colace. I don't know anyone else who
is, so you never know.