August due Dates!

Old July 1st 07, 11:24 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

Default August due Dates!

Yeah! Not much longer either. Sleepless nights anyone? Heartburn? Tired
all the time?
Old July 1st 07, 11:50 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

NL schrieb:
Yeah! Not much longer either. Sleepless nights anyone? Heartburn? Tired
all the time?

Yeah. Not that much longer. August 22nd, I have milk with a due date
further away than that.
The miss is helping me out with my posture by pushing her behind into my
ribs and letting me know that's it's staring to get crowded "in there".
Every Friday evening I have my Yoga and Birthing Class and it's
definitely the highlight of my week right now.
Sleep is happening, but still/again with lots of interruptions, I guess
she's training me for her arrival.
Baby won't ever have her own room in this house, but right now she
doesn't even have a corner! there's still a table to move out and a
changing station to set up, but at least the clothes are mostly sorted
out and clean. The stroller/pram/whatever you may call it is still up in
the attic and won't come down until at least another month, and I
haven't got a car seat either.
Does anyone want to recommend their favorite brand of cloth diapers? Or
their favorite pattern to sew them myself? I still have some time on my
hands ;-)

The water retention seems to be under control and except for one day
last week when I was feeling so dizzy I couldn't walk straight (and went
into hospital to get checked out) I'm doing ok *knockonwood*. We went to
a street festival/fair today, and after three/four hours of walking and
watching (and going on one ride) I definitely felt she was about to just
fall out of me. She's super low and I have plenty of BH contractions (I
guess that's what it is anyway, never had them with Sam. Belly goes hard
and feels uncomfortable).

The weather's pretty good to me, some hot days and then it cools right
down again so I get my breaks from the heat with rain and wind. Another
50 or so days. I can't believe how fast it's going!

Well, it's almost 1 a.m. and my alarm won't spare me tomorrow. Another
few pages of my book and hopefully that'll switch me off for the night ;-)

cu
nicole
Old July 2nd 07, 07:23 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Boliath

NL wrote:
NL schrieb:

Yeah! Not much longer either. Sleepless nights anyone? Heartburn?
Tired all the time?

Yeah. Not that much longer. August 22nd, I have milk with a due date
further away than that.

I'm August 17th so just 6 weeks.

Baby won't ever have her own room in this house, but right now she
doesn't even have a corner! there's still a table to move out and a
changing station to set up, but at least the clothes are mostly sorted
out and clean. The stroller/pram/whatever you may call it is still up in
the attic and won't come down until at least another month, and I
haven't got a car seat either.

I'm just starting to panic a bit about preparations, nothing ready, all
teh infant gear still in teh attic, no idea if the clothes from #1 will
do, if they're clean, if I have enough - ack so much to do!

Also and most importantly need to figure out what to do with #1 when the
time comes.

We went to
a street festival/fair today, and after three/four hours of walking and
watching (and going on one ride) I definitely felt she was about to just
fall out of me. She's super low and I have plenty of BH contractions (I
guess that's what it is anyway, never had them with Sam. Belly goes hard
and feels uncomfortable).

Oh yes, I know those, had them yesterday after a day like you describe
some are quite painful.

The weather's pretty good to me, some hot days and then it cools right
down again so I get my breaks from the heat with rain and wind. Another
50 or so days. I can't believe how fast it's going!

Insane how fast. It seem sto have crept up on me all of a sudden and I
feel like I have nothing done.

Just us two I believe, unless there are some lurkers out there??
Old July 2nd 07, 09:14 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

Boliath schrieb:
NL wrote:
NL schrieb:

Yeah! Not much longer either. Sleepless nights anyone? Heartburn?
Tired all the time?

Yeah. Not that much longer. August 22nd, I have milk with a due date
further away than that.

I'm August 17th so just 6 weeks.

Hehe, I keep telling myself "6-10 weeks". But today I'm hoping for 6.
I'm feeling sick and yuck and ack. I guess the muesli I had was not a
great idea and I hope it'll move in the next few minutes because it's
driving me nuts! Especially since I'm feeling hungry! GRRR

Baby won't ever have her own room in this house, but right now she
doesn't even have a corner! there's still a table to move out and a
changing station to set up, but at least the clothes are mostly sorted
out and clean. The stroller/pram/whatever you may call it is still up
in the attic and won't come down until at least another month, and I
haven't got a car seat either.

I'm just starting to panic a bit about preparations, nothing ready, all
teh infant gear still in teh attic, no idea if the clothes from #1 will
do, if they're clean, if I have enough - ack so much to do!

I know. I have a small box of clothes and I'm slowly washing them and
getting them ready and I'm worrying that I may not have enough. But then
I think "How long is she really going to fit the newborn stuff?" And
remind myself that I can always get more onesies if it comes to that.

Now, if only I could decide on cloth diapers... With Sam I had those
knitted ones you fold and tie and there's no way I'm using them again. I
hated them. Well, I hated washing them, because they'd always end up one
huge tangled lump, no matter what I did with the ties.

Also and most importantly need to figure out what to do with #1 when the
time comes.

That's one of the main reasons I want to stay home. Sam was out so fast
I'm thinking I won't have time to find someone to watch him and someone
to drive me to hospital and stay there with me. Much easier to send him
to my brother (he lives right behind us and we share a yard, so it's not
like he'll have to walk a long distance or anything) and call the
midwives and my friend. And if we do have to transfer for whatever
reason he's going to be fine with my brother and I won't have to worry
about anything.

We went to a street festival/fair today, and after three/four hours of
walking and watching (and going on one ride) I definitely felt she was
about to just fall out of me. She's super low and I have plenty of BH
contractions (I guess that's what it is anyway, never had them with
Sam. Belly goes hard and feels uncomfortable).

Oh yes, I know those, had them yesterday after a day like you describe
some are quite painful.

It's so strange, I never ever had them with Sam. And now I'm having them
all the time, they started real early, too. Months ago, really. So I'm
hoping my womb is all practiced out and ready to birth that baby once
the time comes ;-)

Another 50 or so days. I can't believe how fast it's going!

Insane how fast. It seem sto have crept up on me all of a sudden and I
feel like I have nothing done.

I know! Sam always asks "When's the baby coming, how much longer" and I
keep thinking "Oh honey, it's ages still. More than 100 sleeps" and now
we're down to something like 50 and I don't know where those last 50
went and I'm getting kind of scared that the remaining 50 will just
evaporate as well.
I mean, I know I can just order the car seat online and it'll be here in
a day or two. Same with cloth diapers, except via ebay they might take a
week, but I "inherited" a bunch of disposable diapers from my neighbour
because her baby doesn't fit them anymore, so it's not that big a deal.

And for the first weeks I can change her on my bed as I don't plan on
running around much anyway. (In german the week after delivery is called
"Wochenbett" which translates to "weekbed" and my midwife last time told
me "That's because you're spending that week in bed. Bonding and nursing
and sleeping when baby sleeps. You're allowed to leave the bed to use
the bathroom. Or possibly to eat. But that's it." ;-) suited me fine
because between the bleeding and Sam nursing pretty much around the
clock I didn't feel like going anywhere anyway.)

But I'd still like to have my bedroom ready for baby before she arrives
;-) Maybe I can make my guests for the next weekend help me move things
*cough* just to build up their appetites for the bbq of course ;-)

Just us two I believe, unless there are some lurkers out there??

It's gotten awfully quiet here since I had Sam... But it has been 7
years and a lot of people I know don't "do" Usenet, they rather use
forums... You know, there's more colors and you can have pictures and
it's more clicky... ;-)

take care!
nicole
Old July 5th 07, 04:19 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
betsey@delete_nospamnelgin.nu

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 14:23:32 -0400, Boliath
wrote:

Just us two I believe, unless there are some lurkers out there??

Nope, I'm here as of last night. I used to lurk here ages ago when I
got the baby bug but DH wasn't ready. Then I decided to focus on other
areas of my life, stopped BCP due to lack of insurance, and didn't do
so well on FAM, so here I am! I don't know why I haven't been here
since I found out on Christmas (month of denial), but I'm here now.

I've had a pretty fantastic PG...not much discomfort to speak of, and
any discomforts I have I hate to complain about considering what many
women go through. I've also been quite fortunate in the weather. I'm
in Dallas, TX (USA) and the past 2-month period has been the rainiest
on record, keeping temps down a little...woo hoo! But humidity and
the mosquito population have been high....yuck. The mosquitos have
actually just come back from a blessed absence.

Getting up to pee frequently at night and some slight achiness in the
hip and/or knee of the lower leg when on my side are really my only
complaints, and I'm trying to sleep with my upper leg on 1 or 2
pillows as per Bradley, but it's a pain when I turn over to my other
side after a pee trip. Oh well. I'm a nanny Mon-Thurs to a 13 month
old and a preschooler and still have to carry the 23-pound toddler
upstairs/downstairs at least 3 times a day, which isn't the greatst
thing, but it's exercise! And I can nap/put my feet up when the kids
nap, so that's VERY good. And it's casual, so Ihaven't had to invest
much in maternity clothing, although I feel very dumpy in large
T-shirts!

I'm not ready to kick my boy out yet, still have plenty to do, esp.
around the house. I've been pretty lethargic lately, actually. In an
effort not to stress myself out, I'm ignoring a lot of stuff. I'm
going to a group of CNMs at a free-standing birth center and just
started Bradley classes a couple weeks ago...I will make the last
class (Aug. 12) if I don't go early. My LMP EDD is Aug. 8, but my u/s
said Aug. 16, which I am more inclined to believe.

I will definitely miss the fetal movement!

Betsey
Old July 5th 07, 07:04 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

wrote:

Just us two I believe, unless there are some lurkers out there??

Nope, I'm here as of last night. I used to lurk here ages ago when I
got the baby bug but DH wasn't ready. Then I decided to focus on other
areas of my life, stopped BCP due to lack of insurance, and didn't do
so well on FAM, so here I am! I don't know why I haven't been here
since I found out on Christmas (month of denial), but I'm here now.

Well, Congratulations :-)

Getting up to pee frequently at night and some slight achiness in the
hip and/or knee of the lower leg when on my side are really my only
complaints, and I'm trying to sleep with my upper leg on 1 or 2
pillows as per Bradley, but it's a pain when I turn over to my other
side after a pee trip. Oh well.

You might want to think about getting a nursing/body pillow. I got one
with my first and I still love it. I have it next to me in bed with most
of the stuffing in the bottom (Mine's stuffed with little poly-something
beads and you can kind of adjust where they go by pushing them around or
just lifting one side up) and my leg over it my belly against it in the
middle and the other end under my head.
But lately I've had to either go without it or pry it out from under my
son. He uses it like a kind of nest, in an upside down U shape with his
head on the curve of the U and the rest of him spread out allover the
place *lol*. I already joked I'll have to buy another one for him.

I'm not ready to kick my boy out yet, still have plenty to do, esp.
around the house. I've been pretty lethargic lately, actually. In an
effort not to stress myself out, I'm ignoring a lot of stuff. I'm

I think it's just the huge belly combined with the weather. If I could I
would stay in bed all day, sleep, knit while watching friends and read
books.

going to a group of CNMs at a free-standing birth center and just
started Bradley classes a couple weeks ago...I will make the last
class (Aug. 12) if I don't go early. My LMP EDD is Aug. 8, but my u/s
said Aug. 16, which I am more inclined to believe.

My last class is August 3rd I think. And the way I'm feeling right now
I'm not going to be very mobile anymore by the time that comes around
*lol* I feel like a huge stuffed toy already ;-)

I will definitely miss the fetal movement!

Yeah, that's one of the coolest things about pregnancy, isn't it?
Sometimes it drives me nuts, especially when I'm sitting down and madam
insists on pushing her butt up into my stomach and lungs and I have to
sit up ramrod straight to breathe, but when I lay down and just watch
the belly jiggle and bounce, that's so cool.

cu
nicole
Old July 11th 07, 05:08 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Boliath

Default Preterm Labor?

NL wrote:
Yeah! Not much longer either. Sleepless nights anyone? Heartburn? Tired
all the time?

So - I'm 35 weeks now, I lost my mucous plug at the weekend, wasn't too
concerned about that I don't remember losing it last time and I know I
was 3cm and 70% for a couple of weeks then so figured it was just a sign
that things were starting.

Now a couple of days later, I'm having loose stool, backache and nausea.
No contractions and baby is moving fine, if a little aggresively.

The midwife said it could be a bug, drink plenty of fluids, take Tylenol
and if the backache doesn't go away in a few hours call her back.

Anyone have anything to add?

How bad would it be to have this baby at 35 weeks? I'm not wishing it by
any means, I want the babe to be ready for the world even if I'm ready
to be a little more comfortable.
Old July 11th 07, 05:50 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"Boliath" wrote in message
NL wrote:
Yeah! Not much longer either. Sleepless nights anyone? Heartburn? Tired
all the time?

So - I'm 35 weeks now, I lost my mucous plug at the weekend, wasn't too
concerned about that I don't remember losing it last time and I know I was
3cm and 70% for a couple of weeks then so figured it was just a sign that
things were starting.

Now a couple of days later, I'm having loose stool, backache and nausea.
No contractions and baby is moving fine, if a little aggresively.

The midwife said it could be a bug, drink plenty of fluids, take Tylenol
and if the backache doesn't go away in a few hours call her back.

Anyone have anything to add?

I had that with #2 and #3 at about 35/6 weeks. Both came at about 39 weeks.

How bad would it be to have this baby at 35 weeks? I'm not wishing it by
any means, I want the babe to be ready for the world even if I'm ready to
be a little more comfortable.

35 weeks is pretty reasonable. Better if you can make it past 36 weeks but
35 will do. Certainly I've a friend who had a baby at 34 weeks and was out
of hospital within a week. Baby fine, never even went to scbu. Only problem
was the sucking reflex wasn't totally brilliant so they did some cup feeding
for the first couple of weeks. I think if it hadn't been for that they'd
have been out of hospital sooner.
Debbie

Old July 11th 07, 07:02 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Boliath

Welches wrote:
"Boliath" wrote
NL wrote:

[...]

Thanks Debbie, that's reassuring. The backache has gone as has the
nausea and diarrohea so I think it was a false alarm. I've had a quiet
word with the baby and hopefully convinced him to stay put for another
couple of weeks even though I know it's uncomfortable for us both.

August due dates 08/04 Mary S. Pregnancy 11 August 10th 04 12:02 AM
August 04 due dates Mary S. Pregnancy 4 July 9th 04 07:40 PM
August due dates Mary S. Pregnancy 11 June 22nd 04 01:39 PM
August due dates Mary S. Pregnancy 1 May 8th 04 09:08 AM
August due dates Mary S. Pregnancy 5 February 3rd 04 08:49 PM