Conceiving

Old August 3rd 07, 11:55 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Larry Mcmahan

Default Conceiving

In article om,
says...

First, before I reply to any of your specific questions, let me say
"Listen to Jamie!". She is one of the most well read and knowledgeable
posters here (aside from myself, LOL ;-)

Wow, thank you for such a quick reply. I have a few more questions...
I've been reading that women between 35-40 usually take 3 months or
more to conceive. Is that the norm? Can I really expect to wait 3
months?

It's statistical. That means it is a big bell shaped distribution
curve. For women over 35, I think the mean is closer to 6 months
than 3. Speaking from personal experience, Monika was 37 when she
got pregnant for the first time. It took us from March to December.
You figure it out. The second time, it only took 3 or 4 months. It
is often easier after you have done it once. :-)

I believe I read on the MSNBC website that most women over 35
can't get pregnant w/o the help of some type of invitro treatment.

This is bull***t. If they said that they are purveying misinformation.

Im just
looking for reassurance that most women my age (35) can expect to get
pregnant naturally and easily.

Naturally, but not necessarily quickly.

However, from Nov - April i didn't have a period due to
stress.

This could be a problem. You need to know that (if) you are ovulating.
I will second the recommendation to get Wechlers book. If you are not
ovulating, you need to fix the stress problem so that you do. More
comments on your next post.

My doctor performed blood tests to check my horomone levels
and everyone was just fine. He contributed it to stress. That had
never happened before.. it's not something that is normal for me.

Larry
Old August 4th 07, 12:04 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Larry Mcmahan

I was actually thinking i might be pregnant now because my partner and
I have been active literally for the last 20 days.

Well, if you are not yet pregnant, and need to "keep trying" this may
not be the best method. Going back to the ovulation thing, you need to
be able to predict when you are going to ovulate within a day or so.
Next, your partner need to avoid emission until a predicted 5 days
prior to ovulation (5 DPO). Then you should TTC (try to conceive) not
more than once ever 24 hours until your basal temperatures drop. (After
that point you are just having fun. :-) Repeat monthly until it
"takes." You can actually make love as infrequently as once evey two
days if you want. Studies have shown they are about equally effective.

we just started
trying this month.. july. but it's all about timing. This has been
very enlightening for me. I'm a little discouraged but feel better
knowing a little more.

If you want to improve your chances, you have to know and do what works.

Good luck,
Larry
Old August 4th 07, 12:04 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Irrational Number

Jamie Clark wrote:

"MKO" wrote in message
oups.com...

[...] I
was actually thinking i might be pregnant now because my partner and I
have been active literally for the last 20 days. we just started
trying this month.. july.

Buy the book, buy the book, buy the book. Seriously. I can't recommend it
enough. You have no idea what you don't know!

I second Jamie's recommendation. You really need
to learn a lot more. Doing the baby dance 20 days
in a row is not necessarily the most effective
method...

Your mother is right, it just takes once. But it
has to be at the right time. For me personally,
which is NOT representative of most women, I was
able to do "surgical strikes" to get pregnant.

A bit too much information here, but the first time,
we tried twice the first month, once the second to
get pregnant. Then for the second pregnancy, it
was basically just once. But that's because I am
very aware of my cycle (secretions, hormonal, etc.,
you'll find out when you read the book) and I can
actually feel myself ovulate.

-- Anita --
Old August 4th 07, 01:14 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Aw, gosh, Larry, you're making me blush. I certainly know my stuff as far
as fertility goes, but if you got a gestational diabeties question, Ericka
is the "go to" for that one! It's good that a few of us have our
specialities!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels: