Frustrated Father

Old July 9th 03, 04:15 AM
Ebook Profits Center

Default Frustrated Father

Hello Everyone,

Here is my problem. My mother and my wife don't get along. Big Surprise !!
Huh!!

Anyways, my mother is getting up there in age and she recently asked me to
drive her 700 miles to see her mom which of course is also my grandmother.
You may be thinking so where is the real problem.

My wife is 35 weeks pregnant. She is experiencing some complications like
high blood pressure and anemia. She is worried that I am not going to be
there for the birth of my second child with her. I have tried to assure her
that nothing is going to happen in the 3 days that I will be gone but of
course I am not absolutely positive about that.

So my big question to all of you, is should I go on this trip (which is only
3 days) or should I not go?

Please I would love your honest opinions.

Old July 9th 03, 05:46 AM
Alicia Elliott

Hi there, I am pleased to hear that you care enough to ask others' opinions
before going ahead with either plan, it is always good to hear about a
caring husband trying to do what's best.

My opinion, (as a very pregnant woman who has also had some difficulties),
is that you would be much more appreciated at home comforting and supporting
your wife during the final weeks of her pregnancy and if she goes into
labour, her birth. Your mother shouldn't have asked you to go away with her
so late in your wife's pregnancy anyway. It sounds like she is in a bit of
a power struggle with your wife for your attention. However, your wife
really needs you right now, and your emotional support to a woman with
hormones racing through her body would be most helpful. Like the previous
poster said, perhaps you can suggest to your mum that you rebook the trip
when your new baby has arrived and a routine has been established.

Good luck!
-Alicia

thlink.net...

Old July 9th 03, 06:46 AM
Di

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 03:15:41 GMT, "Ebook Profits Center"
wrote:
So my big question to all of you, is should I go on this trip (which is only
3 days) or should I not go?

Please I would love your honest opinions.

As someone who went through what ended up as a complicated pregnancy,
I wanted and needed my husband as support all the time. Given you
don't know that nothing will happen in the three days you are gone (if
you had asked us the night before I went into preterm labour we would
have said everything was fine), I wouldn't go. With the problems your
wife is having the stress of you going away most likely will not help
her condition.

Also ask yourself - if something did happen while you where away how
would you feel able it?

As another posters have suggested - see if you can move the visit a
few weeks later (say 2/3 weeks after your wifes due date).

If you can not get out of going (your grandmother is doing very poorly
would be the only reason I would accept if I was your wife), take your
firstborn with you, make sure your wife has a very strong support
network (someone to come in and see her each and every day, someone
she can call 24 hours a day is there is a problem who is also willing
and able to drive her to hospital at the drop of a hat, etc).

Di
Old July 9th 03, 12:29 PM
Sara

I know if I was in your wife shoes I would be very stressed if my husband
left a month before my due date. I know of many women who went into labor a
month before the due date. And I am sure the stress of you going away and
wondering if your going to miss anything may isnt going to help her high
blood pressure. I'd prioritze what is more important to you, making your
mother happy (if she is not ill as the others have said) or missing your
child's birth, or if she goes into the hospital while you are gone......

My two cents

Sara
19 weeks

Old July 9th 03, 01:13 PM
Esther

My wife is 35 weeks pregnant. She is experiencing some complications like
high blood pressure and anemia. She is worried that I am not going to be
there for the birth of my second child with her. I have tried to assure her
that nothing is going to happen in the 3 days that I will be gone but of
course I am not absolutely positive about that.

Hire a limo or private ambulance for your mom's long trip.

Tell them you will be glad to go in 10 weeks, but not before 5 weeks.

If your wife's blood pressure has any signs of turning pre-eclamptic,
it can be a life-or-death emergency in a moment.

Just a wife and mother of four (complications in 3 of the pregnancies)
chiming in.

Esther

Old July 9th 03, 03:18 PM
silvasurfa

"Ebook Profits Center" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Hello Everyone,

Here is my problem. My mother and my wife don't get along. Big Surprise !!
Huh!!

Anyways, my mother is getting up there in age and she recently asked me to
drive her 700 miles to see her mom which of course is also my grandmother.

How long does it take in an aircraft... like maybe a couple of hours each
way as opposed to about a day each way for you to drive it? Buy momma a
plane ticket, sling her $100 to cover taxi fares etc and wish her luck.
She'll have more time actually *with* her mother that way too. I'm not
surprised your wife doesn't like her MIL, if MIL is all the time ordering
you to do stuff she could perfectly organise for herself.

Old July 9th 03, 04:29 PM
Ali's Daddie

"Nina" wrote in message
t...
Don't go. As a husband and father your primary obligation is to your wife
and child.
Nina

I like your style.. short and sweet and to the point.

Wish *I* could be like that. It takes me 2 paragraphs to tell someone what
time it is lol.

--

LES!

Daddie to Alegra Lee. May 25th 2003!
"Daddie's Little Diva"

before you reply to me via email,
please remove your hat

ourHat

Old July 9th 03, 04:36 PM
Crystal Dreamer

"Ali's Daddie" wrote:

"Nina" wrote:
Don't go. As a husband and father your primary obligation is to your

wife
and child.
Nina

I like your style.. short and sweet and to the point.

Wish *I* could be like that. It takes me 2 paragraphs to tell someone what
time it is lol.

I agree. My initial response was, if my husband left me even for 3 days at
the end of my pregnancy, I would be very upset, hurt and scared.

--
-Crystal Dreamer
http://www.livin-it-up.net

Old July 9th 03, 05:01 PM
Nina

"Ali's Daddie" wrote in message

"Nina" wrote in message
t...
Don't go. As a husband and father your primary obligation is to your

wife
and child.
Nina

I like your style.. short and sweet and to the point.

Wish *I* could be like that. It takes me 2 paragraphs to tell someone what
time it is lol.

Thanks. I was tired, given adequate time and energy I can make anything into
War and Peace!
Nina

What is a Father? Mike General 20 May 4th 04 08:43 PM
Should this father do jail or probation? John Evans General 1 February 13th 04 11:10 PM
being a father [email protected] General 0 November 19th 03 04:05 AM
10 ways to be a better father Renee General 1 November 16th 03 02:29 PM
Father Upset With Foster Service Over Near-Drowning Of Son [email protected] General 0 June 30th 03 10:43 PM