Frustrated Father

Old July 9th 03, 05:44 PM
Esther

Default Frustrated Father

One of those folks who has to build a clock first, eh?

It takes me 2 paragraphs to tell someone what
time it is lol.

Old July 9th 03, 06:03 PM
Ali's Daddie

"Esther" wrote in message
One of those folks who has to build a clock first, eh?

exactly

WOW! A one word response! (oops, ruined that one lol)

--

LES!

Daddie to Alegra Lee. May 25th 2003!
"Daddie's Little Diva"

before you reply to me via email,
please remove your hat

ourHat

Old July 9th 03, 08:05 PM
Larry McMahan

I agree with the posters that say you should not leave your wife at 35
weeks to drive your mother. However I DISAGREE with those who suggest
doing it a month after the baby is born. IME, your wife will need your
constant help and assistance then EVEN MORE than she needs it now!!!

Buy your mother a plane, train, or bus ticket.

Larry

Ebook Profits Center writes:
: Hello Everyone,

: Here is my problem. My mother and my wife don't get along. Big Surprise !!
: Huh!!

: Anyways, my mother is getting up there in age and she recently asked me to
: drive her 700 miles to see her mom which of course is also my grandmother.
: You may be thinking so where is the real problem.

: My wife is 35 weeks pregnant. She is experiencing some complications like
: high blood pressure and anemia. She is worried that I am not going to be
: there for the birth of my second child with her. I have tried to assure her
: that nothing is going to happen in the 3 days that I will be gone but of
: course I am not absolutely positive about that.

: So my big question to all of you, is should I go on this trip (which is only
: 3 days) or should I not go?

: Please I would love your honest opinions.

Old July 9th 03, 08:16 PM
Stephanie S

"Ebook Profits Center" wrote in message
thlink.net...
[...]

My honest opinion is that if my husband suggested this, I would be ripping
furious. Your wife could go into labor at any time. Also, she is likely
fantastically tired, heavy and distressed. She needs you now as much as she
does in labor. My husband was taking very good care of me in this period
with my son. Heck, I am only 29 weeks and my DH is taking very good care of
me and our son. And this is really, really important.

Don't let this become a fight between your wife and your mother. Help your
mom find a way to make her trip, greyhound, airplane, wait until after the
baby is born (well after). But be there for your wife.

That's my opinion.

Stephanie

Old July 9th 03, 08:20 PM
Stephanie S

"Esther" wrote in message
I sort of disagree with Larry. As a mom of four I can
honestly say that 1 month PP I was able to function on
my own to take care of the kids. When my hubby would be
away on business, I would miss him terribly but survive.

Same here. When he was away on business I *had* to survive. No one told me I
was doing a bang up job, but I was. This was a case where my expectation
MADE the bad reality. This time, I know I will be fine a couple of weeks
after. But new mom syndrome can be tough too.

It would be best if you don't go at all, unless you are
very close to your grandmother and wish to say your good-byes
to her. If you feel YOU need to take the trip, then do
it - barring any complications for your wife or #2. If
all goes well with the birth for both your wife and your
#2, then you have MY blessings to take a 3 day trip after
a month post partum. And remember to bring photos when
you do. And remember to take scrupulous care of hygiene
when travelling so you don't bring any nasty germs home
to a new born. Esther

Old July 9th 03, 08:21 PM
Stephanie S

"Larry McMahan" wrote in message
Esther writes:
: I sort of disagree with Larry. As a mom of four I can
: honestly say that 1 month PP I was able to function on
: my own to take care of the kids. When my hubby would be
: away on business, I would miss him terribly but survive.
: It would be best if you don't go at all, unless you are
: very close to your grandmother and wish to say your good-byes
: to her. If you feel YOU need to take the trip, then do
: it - barring any complications for your wife or #2. If
: all goes well with the birth for both your wife and your
: #2, then you have MY blessings to take a 3 day trip after
: a month post partum. And remember to bring photos when
: you do. And remember to take scrupulous care of hygiene
: when travelling so you don't bring any nasty germs home
: to a new born. Esther

OK. Since I respect you so much Esther, I will modify my
advice. :-) See how things are going at the 1 months
point, and if your wife isn't still depedning on you for
a great deal of help and is amenible then you can get away
for about 3 days. :-)

Larry

Like, if she is still throwing that baby at you when you walk in the door
from work, don't go? That was me. Tee Hee. I wish I could go back and tell
myself how much easier it was than I *thought* it was.

Old July 9th 03, 08:41 PM

It might be good to wait and see if the baby is healthy.. my baby was born with heart defects that
were not detected until she was two weeks old. She had to be rushed to the ICU and had to have
heart surgery right away.

"Stephanie S" thought everything was going well until Wed, 09 Jul 2003
19:20:23 GMT, when "Stephanie S" wrote the following to misc.kids.pregnancy
:

Old July 9th 03, 09:48 PM
Esther

OK. Since I respect you so much Esther, I will modify my
advice. :-) See how things are going at the 1 months
point, and if your wife isn't still depedning on you for
a great deal of help and is amenible then you can get away
for about 3 days. :-)

But not a minute longer. Laugh!

Old July 9th 03, 10:11 PM
==Daye==

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 03:15:41 GMT, "Ebook Profits Center"
wrote:

Here is my problem. My mother and my wife don't get along. Big Surprise !!
Huh!!

Actually, not everyone hates their MIL. I love my MIL. She is a
great woman. I get along with her very well.

So my big question to all of you, is should I go on this trip (which is only
3 days) or should I not go?

Unless you are taking your wife with you, I wouldn't go. If my
DH left me at 35 weeks pregnant, my anger would know no bounds.

--
==Daye==
E-mail: brendana AT labyrinth DOT net DOT au

What is a Father? Mike General 20 May 4th 04 08:43 PM
Should this father do jail or probation? John Evans General 1 February 13th 04 11:10 PM
being a father [email protected] General 0 November 19th 03 04:05 AM
10 ways to be a better father Renee General 1 November 16th 03 02:29 PM
Father Upset With Foster Service Over Near-Drowning Of Son [email protected] General 0 June 30th 03 10:43 PM