Is radiation dangerous for kids ? ? ?

Old February 5th 05, 03:27 AM
Dan Simper

Default Is radiation dangerous for kids ? ? ?

We have a nuclear power-plant near our house and the kids like to play
with pieces of glowing Plutonium.

Is that dangerous or can they continue to play with it?
Old February 5th 05, 10:54 AM
CWatters

"Dan Simper" wrote in message
om...
We have a nuclear power-plant near our house and the kids like to play
with pieces of glowing Plutonium.

Not unless they eat it troll....

"Dan Simper" wrote in message
om...
Nature gave us the worst teeth possible, we are no match to tigers,
lions or velociraptors.

So we must create better teeth for humans, so that we can hunt and eat
raw meat or we are DOOMED !!!

Old February 5th 05, 12:36 PM
Jeff

"Dan Simper" wrote in message
om...
We have a nuclear power-plant near our house and the kids like to play
with pieces of glowing Plutonium.

Is that dangerous or can they continue to play with it?

Actually, nuclear power plants release less radiation to the atmosphere than
coal-powered plants. There is low level radioactivity released from coal.

Of course, disposing of nuclear waste is a totally different matter.

Jeff

Old February 7th 05, 08:49 PM

and you don't see it actually glow. not like the aforementioned coal.
Kate, http://systems.cs.colorado.edu/~koli...f-formula.html
Mom to Ursula (10), Sage (7.5), Benno (4!!)
Remember, people will judge you by your actions, not your intentions.
You may have a heart of gold -- but so does a hard-boiled egg.