The concept of time

Old May 10th 07, 07:22 AM posted to misc.kids
toypup

Default The concept of time

On Thu, 10 May 2007 16:20:25 +1000, Chookie wrote:

Are you people with yucky-tasting mouths brushing in the evening? None of you
seem to me to be prone to hongovers, and that's the only thing I have heard of
that could make your mouth taste bad, apart from leftover food...

Yes, I brush and floss just before bedtime. It still tastes yucky in the
morning.
Old May 10th 07, 11:55 AM posted to misc.kids
enigma

Chookie wrote in

:

Are you people with yucky-tasting mouths brushing in the
evening? None of you seem to me to be prone to hongovers,
and that's the only thing I have heard of that could make
your mouth taste bad, apart from leftover food...

dehydration can cause a yucky tasting mouth in the morning.
drinking alcohol causes some dehydration, which is why
hangovers tend to come with "yucky mouth", but many people
simply don't drink enough water & are constantly dehydrated.
also, mouth breathing causes a dry mouth.
OTOH, lots of people don't floss & those remaining food
particles between the teeth (because brushing won't remove
those) can give you a horrid yucky mouth by morning, plus
really bad decay in places that require extra drilling...
lee

Old May 10th 07, 02:44 PM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

On May 10, 1:20 am, Chookie wrote:
In article ,

toypup wrote:
On 9 May 2007 11:37:47 -0700, wrote:

See this is what puzzles me. When I was growing up we always brushed
teeth first thing in the morning before breakfast. Now here in the US
I hear "brush after breakfast and before bedtime". I personally can't
eat or drink anything before I brush my teeth. May be it's a cultural
thing to eat before or after brushing?

I think it's supposed to "kill two birds with one stone." I also was
raised to brush teeth before breakfast. I can't even think of eating when
my mouth tastes so yucky in the morning.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue

I brush and floss before going to bed as well. Irrespective of that, I
don't feel that the mouth is clean enough in the morning to eat before
I brush again. Morning breath is never as fresh as after you brush.
Even if you brush before going to bed. May be I just have a sensitive
nose.

Old May 11th 07, 02:15 AM posted to misc.kids
deja.blues[_3_]

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
I floss, brush and use mouthwash before bed at night. But I sleep
with my mouth open due to many years of a clogged nose due to
allergies. That dries out my mouth.

Have you tried those Breathe-Right nose strips? My allergies have gotten a
lot worse in recent years, and with our maple trees exploding out front (and
DH insisting on open windows at night to save on AC costs) , he's had to
poke me awake at night because I'm gasping for air. I tried the strips a few
nights ago and the difference is amazing - I sleep all night, he isn't
poking me, and I wake up without the feeling that I've just eaten the Sahara
Desert.

Old May 11th 07, 03:21 AM posted to misc.kids
Rosalie B.

"deja.blues" wrote:

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
.. .
I floss, brush and use mouthwash before bed at night. But I sleep
with my mouth open due to many years of a clogged nose due to
allergies. That dries out my mouth.

Have you tried those Breathe-Right nose strips? My allergies have gotten a
lot worse in recent years, and with our maple trees exploding out front (and
DH insisting on open windows at night to save on AC costs) , he's had to
poke me awake at night because I'm gasping for air. I tried the strips a few
nights ago and the difference is amazing - I sleep all night, he isn't
poking me, and I wake up without the feeling that I've just eaten the Sahara
Desert.

Thanks, but no I haven't. I don't have a clogged nose - I just have
the habit of mouth breathing when I'm asleep because I did have a
clogged nose for so many years.
Old May 11th 07, 03:34 AM posted to misc.kids
deja.blues[_3_]

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
"deja.blues" wrote:

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Maybe you should try a Chin-Up Strip (same concept, but for the mouth).
http://www.chinupstrip.com/

Old May 11th 07, 04:49 AM posted to misc.kids
Tori M

See this is what puzzles me. When I was growing up we always brushed
teeth first thing in the morning before breakfast. Now here in the US
I hear "brush after breakfast and before bedtime". I personally can't
eat or drink anything before I brush my teeth. May be it's a cultural
thing to eat before or after brushing?

I cant stand the taste of many foods and water before I brush in the
morning. I just know that mint tooth paste followed by OJ isnt that great
tasting either.. I think it is a personal preferance thing.

Tori
--
Mom To:
Bonnie (03/20/02)

Old May 11th 07, 04:37 PM posted to misc.kids
Sue

"deja.blues" wrote in message
Have you tried those Breathe-Right nose strips?

My husband uses them, he says it is helping him to breath better, but he
still snores horribly.

Sue