Is this alright??

Old June 29th 08, 10:39 PM posted to misc.kids
Clisby[_2_]

Default Is this alright??

toypup wrote:

"Clisby" wrote in message
If she has to feel in control, she'd do better to start teaching him
how to clean up after himself. There's no reason a normal, healthy
3-year-old can't clean up his own poopy diapers/underwear.

I think they can, but they don't do a very good job of it. The poop
would end up everywhere and the kid would stay so unclean. DD is 4 yo.
They make the kids wipe their own bottoms at preschool. She does it,
but she doesn't get clean. Her bottom is so raw sometimes. She's made
some accidents in the bathroom which she tried to clean up herself. By
the time she's done, I have a bigger mess to clean up.

I'm sure they won't do a good job of it if they're left to their own
devices. The first several times it happens, you stand over them,
giving step by step directions on exactly how to clean up. Depending on
the child, this might include getting in the tub and washing off there.

Clisby
Old June 30th 08, 01:15 AM posted to misc.kids
toypup[_2_]

"Clisby" wrote in message
toypup wrote:

"Clisby" wrote in message
[...]

To each his own. I think they don't have quite the dexterity to do it
right. My kids are responsible for cleaning up their own spills, but I
still come back later to get it really clean. As much as they try, it's
just not good enough. The idea of poop accidents not being cleaned up good
enough kind of grosses me out. I'd really rather do it myself.

Old July 9th 08, 12:05 PM posted to misc.kids
Chookie

In article kFA8k.51142$gc5.7097@pd7urf2no, "xkatx" wrote:

I have a friend that does a number of questionable things... in the past and
now.

snip
She said that he's going to be 3 in September and that 3 is too old for her
to change his diapers. She is set on having him completely potty trained
ASAP because she's not going to change his diapers come 3.

There's a number of things she does (or doesn't do) that really doesn't sit
well with me. This isn't a question about friendship and dropping her as a
friend or not, it's more of if I'm out to lunch on this one, and if I am,
then I'll let it go, but if not, I do feel that I will end up saying what I
really think about it fairly soon.

To me, this almost sounds a bit abusive.

Well, I think your friend is totally out to lunch. Barmy. Bonkers. Truly --
I think she is mentally ill. Who told her that kids are all fully toilet
trained at 3? They just aren't. Gosh -- mine hasn't even started TTing!

Now I also suspect that your telling her that the rest of the world is right
and she is wrong about TTing won't go down well and she won't listen to you --
but you are the best judge of that. Maybe you could encourage her to take her
boy to the doctor -- hint that there are some very serious conditions that
mean children aren't toilet-trainable, and what if he has one of those?

The other thing is that I think your friend should be encouraged to see the Dr
for her own sake.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

http://chookiesbackyard.blogspot.com/