Hi all!

Old May 6th 04, 04:08 PM
Heywood Floyd

Default Hi all!

Please let me introduce myself. I'm 43, a recent widower, and father of
12 and 10 yr old boys, and a 7 yr old girl. I live in an =extremely= remote
area on a small island. Due to my mother and my wife both dying of cancer in
20 months I am very financially secure and I was able to retire to care for
the kids and myself. As I write this I'm having a massive anxiety attack and
waiting for the meds to kick in.
If there is =one= thing I've learned over the past year of going it
alone, it is this:
If you wait long enough, eventually everything goes on sale!!!!! LOL!!!
Also, the statistics say that anyone over 40 and single has a 3% chance
of remarrying. I intend to fight the odds! :-) I'm no quitter!!!
My name and e-mail address etc, have been totally munged to prevent spam
and unfriendlies from tracking me around. Just call me Bob.
Have a great day!
Bob

Old May 6th 04, 04:12 PM
Heywood Floyd

"Heywood Floyd" wrote in message
ink.net...
[...]

One more thing, I am a Bible-believeing Christian. I know this is not
the place for long arguments on the subject, but that is who I am.

Old May 6th 04, 04:16 PM
Lisa

[...]

**** stats! I'm 40 and preparing to be married for the first time. So
there.

Nice to meet you Bob,,,,,hmmm remote island,,,,,,BC?

Lisa

Old May 6th 04, 04:16 PM
Lisa

[...]

woops.

Screw stats. sorry,,,lol

Old May 6th 04, 04:39 PM
Paul Griffiths

[...]

Sounds like we have some things in common. Welcome, Bob.

Have a great day!

You too, man.

--
Paul Griffiths

Old May 6th 04, 06:01 PM
Heywood Floyd

"Lisa" wrote in message

[...]

I'm no net nanny. You do not have to change the way you talk; I've said
quite a few choice words in my day. I have one four letter word that I use
constantly whenever I whack myself with a hammer or bop my shin with an axe,
"Ouch!" I am also not above saying Hell or Damn. I'm not yer average "don't
drink, dance, chew, or hang with them that do" kinda guys.
Nice to meet you Bob,,,,,hmmm remote island,,,,,,BC?

You are way off by =several= thousand miles, and my island is so small
it does not show up on maps. I used to give the latitude and longitude and
people would spit back at me, "There's nothing there!" I'm like, uh, me and
the Coast Guard disagree!

Old May 6th 04, 08:00 PM
Tiffany

"Lisa" wrote in message

[...]

Remote island, eh? Welcome to the group. When can we have our annual
newsgroup gathering on your island? lol

Old May 6th 04, 09:25 PM
Heywood Floyd

"Tiffany" wrote
Remote island, eh? Welcome to the group. When can we have our annual
newsgroup gathering on your island? lol

Gee, I'll have to ask the professor and Mary-Ann....
Seriously, it is waaaaaaaaay too expensive to come here. It costs the
average touron (contraction of tourist and moron) $1000 per day to vacation
here. The local government decided at a recent meeting that they want us to
be "the next Martha's Vineyard", IOW, too exclusive for anybody but real
bigshots. Real estate values have more than quadrupled in 4 years. There is
no end in sight. The only reason I have anything is because my late wife was
a native and we got a house and land cheap from her brother. It's now worth
a fortune. The great thing with islands is that when the land is gone, it's
gone. Al Gore vacations here, and Andy Griffith lives right down the road.
TTFN,
Bob
--
"Revenge is so popular because, while it is
sweet, it is not fattening." - Alfred Hitchcock

Old May 6th 04, 09:34 PM
Lisa

[...]

Oh great, now I have the song in my head

Old May 6th 04, 09:36 PM
Paul Griffiths

"Tiffany" wrote in message

Remote island, eh? Welcome to the group. When can we have our annual
newsgroup gathering on your island? lol

It'd give me a reason to get the boat all spruced up too.

--
Paul Griffiths