Partners and their wonderful comments...yeah right!

Old April 1st 04, 02:23 AM
Amy

Default Partners and their wonderful comments...yeah right!

This is a bit OT, but has anyone else had to endure unwanted input from
their beloved other half?
Last pregnancy I was called a manatee. This time it's a dugong, which I
pointed out is the same thing as a manatee.
Yesterday, I was told I looked as though I was carrying twins, one out front
and one in my BUTT! For the record, I'm 25 weeks and have gained just under
5kg this pregnancy, which I don't think is excessive. I know DH, with his
cravings for chippies, sausages and fried chicken must have gained more than
5kg this pregnancy.

Old April 1st 04, 04:02 AM
zolw

) I am sorry you have to go through this. & I am even more sorry that
I am laughing. Well, 5 Kg doesn't seem like much at all in your 25 weeks
.. I think that your partner is just trying to be funny & you are surely
in no mood for someone to be funny on your expenses.

My husband makes stupid comments like this too, but I brush him off. I
had to once tell him that at least I have a reason for gaining weight,
What is his excuse. I guess when you lash back at him, he will be so
surprised that he will give it more thought lateron. Maybe he will learn
to shut up for a while )

Just try to laugh about it. Think of it that way .. I'd rather be a
manatee or a dugong, or have twins on both sides BUT make life. Your
partner is just jealous.

Old April 1st 04, 04:30 AM
Leanne

I know exactly what you mean, my partner calls me 'fatso' but we both know
he is joking, he mentioned to a friend of ours how he calls me fatso but
then everyone tells me how small i am and it ruins his fun!!

when he calls me fat or anything i just ask him what his excuse is and laugh
at him... shuts them up for awhile

Leanne

Old April 1st 04, 03:26 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Amy wrote:

I know DH, with his
cravings for chippies, sausages and fried chicken must have gained more than
5kg this pregnancy.

Maybe he feels guilty about his own weight gain and is displacing his
emotions somehow. If it were me, I would just tell him to stop, but
then my DH is very sensitive to things like that and *will* stop any
form of teasing if I ask him to. I'm not sure what yours is like. If
he's not as sensitive, repeated askings might be in order. ;-)

Old April 1st 04, 04:08 PM
Dagny

"Amy" wrote in message
This is a bit OT, but has anyone else had to endure unwanted input from
their beloved other half?
Last pregnancy I was called a manatee. This time it's a dugong, which I
pointed out is the same thing as a manatee.
Yesterday, I was told I looked as though I was carrying twins, one out

front
and one in my BUTT! For the record, I'm 25 weeks and have gained just

under
5kg this pregnancy, which I don't think is excessive. I know DH, with his
cravings for chippies, sausages and fried chicken must have gained more

than
5kg this pregnancy.

My husband definitely pokes at my weight because of his feelings about being
large himself -- if I asked him "what's your excuse" during the preg. that
would just send him into utter depression so it's better to just focus on
him not hurting my feelings. When I was probably only about 13 weeks
pregnant -- my butt had swelled seriously -- husband looked at me getting
dressed one day and said "Your butt is enormous. You could fit a whole
person in one cheek!". I started crying of course, it was either that or
kill him. When we were first considering TTC he said he didn't want to have
a baby because he said I was ALMOST too fat (165# 5'9") and babies make
women fatter and he would rather I lost weight before we started -- he
admitted it was really his weight that bothered him. Now I am 145# -- said
to husband "See I didn't get fat did I" DH: "No you are pretty skinny but
there is no muscle there!" Can't win.

-- Dagny
Meg's mom 10/03

Old April 2nd 04, 09:06 PM
Amy

[...]

OMG Dagny! Maybe nature was trying to prepare you in some weird way for the
tactless honesty of children. Gawd knows nothing a three year old said,
after hearing those things, could upset me. I swear in his next life he'll
come back as a mother of 10 ;-)

Old April 2nd 04, 09:08 PM
Amy

"Vicky Bilaniuk" wrote in message
. ..
Amy wrote:

I know DH, with his
cravings for chippies, sausages and fried chicken must have gained more

than
5kg this pregnancy.

Maybe he feels guilty about his own weight gain and is displacing his
emotions somehow. If it were me, I would just tell him to stop, but
then my DH is very sensitive to things like that and *will* stop any
form of teasing if I ask him to. I'm not sure what yours is like. If
he's not as sensitive, repeated askings might be in order. ;-)

He's not one for hints...I think I'll just bite him during labour. Someone
in my tech class suggested I keep his vital bits in grasping range and then
pass on the pain relief ;-)

Old April 2nd 04, 09:13 PM
Amy

lol...
I don't think I'm much bigger than I was pre-pregnancy, but I've always had
a wide ass, it puts JLo to shame. Just that my pre-pregnancy ass doesn't
seem to have a target painted on it for him.

Old April 2nd 04, 09:19 PM
Amy

No, I have to laugh sometimes or I'd cry :-)
At least it's a temporary condition. I just read all these pregnancy mags
where the expectant mother has a perfect size 10 bum and a bulge like a
little basketball. My placentas both pregnancy have been anterior, sitting
somewhere around my very deep belly button that never wants to pop out, and
my bubs seem to wrap their limbs around it either side, giving me the
appearance of a sack stuffed with cheap cushions.
It's a small price to pay though, and I think there's a distinct possibility
that he _is_ jealous...I've always said he'd make a better mother than me,
but he's not keen on the labour part.