Polygamy should be legalized

Old April 14th 08, 01:44 AM posted to alt.support.marriage,alt.support.divorce,alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.boy-lovers,misc.kids
[email protected]

Default Polygamy should be legalized

Polygamy: More than one spouse.
Monogamy: One spouse - So if you're not married, -- [you're not
technically] -- monogamous.
Polyandry: More than one husband.
Monandry: One husband.
Polygyny: More than one wife.
Monogyny: One wife.
Bigamy: the criminal offense of marrying one person while still
legally married to another.
Trigamy: Having 3 spouses at one time (17th-19th Century England)*
From the modern legal perspective, Trigamy has been viewed as two
counts of Bigamy.

Polygamy should be legalized and we should be allowed to choose as
many spouses as we please. We should be allowed to form bigger
families than just two people and children.

Men should be allowed to have two or three wives if they want. Or
five or six or seven.

Women should be allowed to have two or three husbands if they want.
Or five or six or seven.

Who in the hell would only have ONE best friend.

Who in the hell would only have one person in their family who loved
them.

Polygamy is good for polyamory and free love.

Life *is* about loving relationships.

This solves the question of gay marriage also.

So you can have brother-husbands and sister-wives (when you marry your
spouse's spouse; a non-sexual friend/loved one of the same sex).

With Polygamy you should have to get your other spouse's(') consent
before you marry a subsequent spouse. If you don't get their consent
then it's Bigamy.

The question is how much of your wealth should be split when you
divorce. When you marry one person, you split it all and keep 50%.
When you marry two people, you split it three ways or keep 50% and
split 50% two ways. I'm with keeping 50% for myself I think. Also
you could be married to different numbers of people than your spouses,
if your spouses weren't married to each other, but you should only be
entitled to the same percentage of their wealth that they are entitled
to of yours.

If your spouse wants to marry someone, you can say "no" and they can
say let me marry another or divorce me, and you can say divorce me, or
"okay you can marry. "Or you can say that they can only marry the
other if you can marry the other also. Money may play a large role
here.

Like if your spouse is very rich, you might not want them marrying
another because there goes some of their wealth that you were entitled
to. Unless the person who they are going to marry is also very rich,
and you can marry them also.

If your spouses new spouse to be is as rich or richer than your
spouse, then you could place the condition on your spouses marriage,
that your spouse(s) can only marry the new spouse if you can marry the
new spouse also.

There are Mormons living in suburban Utah who are polygamous anyway,
and they should be allowed to have that legally recognized - marriage
is just for money. But if some girl is staying home and taking care of
your children she should be entitled to some of your money legally.
Thus legalized Polygamy is a necessity for people who cohabit in
groups as husbands and wives. Then everyone earns an more equal
percentage of the worker's earnings. As it is today, if a wife lives
as a second spouse of a married couple, and later divorces, she is
legally entitled to none of her husband's money. This is unfair.

The State shouldn't have to recognize marriage until whatever age it
specificies. In my preference, age 18, unless the girl is pregnant
and they get a waiver before a judge, that they are making their own
free choices and are cognizant like a 16 year old who gets
emancipated. But really, all marriage legally is, is a binding of
financial fortunes. Truly marriage exists in the hearts of all the
married people. If everyone makes about the same amount of money then
legal marriage doesn't even matter.

Polygamy is good for polyamory and free love. Free love is not all
inclusive, just less exclusive.

Life *is* about loving relationships.

Polygamy is good because there will be less divorce. This matters
when there's children. Instead of getting divorced you can get
another spouse, and wait until your kids are 18 and out of the house
and gone away to college. This is often better for the children.

It's good because the children have several mothers and several
fathers and more support from adults. Families are richer and
stronger.

Okay hopefully we'll have marriage freedom in the near future.

*There was an old fellow of Lyme
Who lived with three wives at one time.
When asked, 'Why the third?'
He replied, 'One's absurd,
and bigamy, sir, is a crime.'
Old April 14th 08, 07:31 AM posted to alt.support.marriage,alt.support.divorce,alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.boy-lovers,misc.kids
krp[_4_]

wrote in message
Polygamy: More than one spouse.
Monogamy: One spouse - So if you're not married, -- [you're not
technically] -- monogamous.
Polyandry: More than one husband.
Monandry: One husband.
Polygyny: More than one wife.
Monotony: One wife.
Bigamy: the criminal offense of marrying one person while still
legally married to another.
Trigamy: Having 3 spouses at one time (17th-19th Century England)*
From the modern legal perspective, Trigamy has been viewed as two
counts of Bigamy.

Golly................

Old April 14th 08, 02:49 PM posted to alt.support.marriage,alt.support.divorce,alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.boy-lovers,misc.kids
Dan Sullivan

Default ot

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old April 15th 08, 05:14 AM posted to alt.support.marriage,alt.support.divorce,alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.boy-lovers,misc.kids
Doug Laidlaw

krp wrote:

wrote in message
Polygamy: More than one spouse.
Monogamy: One spouse - So if you're not married, -- [you're not
technically] -- monogamous.
Polyandry: More than one husband.
Monandry: One husband.
Polygyny: More than one wife.
Monotony: One wife.
Bigamy: the criminal offense of marrying one person while still
legally married to another.
Trigamy: Having 3 spouses at one time (17th-19th Century England)*
From the modern legal perspective, Trigamy has been viewed as two
counts of Bigamy.

Golly................

But trigamy is legal?

There was an old party of Lyme
Who married three wives at one time.
When asked "Why the third?"
He replied: "One's absurd,
And bigamy, Sir, is a crime."

Doug L.
Old April 15th 08, 04:12 PM posted to alt.support.marriage,alt.support.divorce,alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.boy-lovers,misc.kids
krp[_4_]

"Doug Laidlaw" wrote in message

wrote in message
Polygamy: More than one spouse.
Monogamy: One spouse - So if you're not married, -- [you're not
technically] -- monogamous.
Polyandry: More than one husband.
Monandry: One husband.
Polygyny: More than one wife.
Monotony: One wife.
Bigamy: the criminal offense of marrying one person while still
legally married to another.
Trigamy: Having 3 spouses at one time (17th-19th Century England)*
From the modern legal perspective, Trigamy has been viewed as two
counts of Bigamy.

Golly................

But trigamy is legal?

Probably not. I have been asked if I believe in Polygamy. My answer is
that I am married to a woman. It only FEELS like I am married to several.

There was an old party of Lyme
Who married three wives at one time.
When asked "Why the third?"
He replied: "One's absurd,
And bigamy, Sir, is a crime."

I can't begin to imagine dealing with more than one wife. That must
loose estrogen is truly frightening.

Old April 15th 08, 05:47 PM posted to alt.support.marriage,alt.support.divorce,alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.boy-lovers,misc.kids
4s00th[_2_]

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 17:44:43 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Polygamy: More than one spouse.
Monogamy: One spouse - So if you're not married, -- [you're not
technically] -- monogamous.
Polyandry: More than one husband.
Monandry: One husband.
Polygyny: More than one wife.
Monogyny: One wife.
Bigamy: the criminal offense of marrying one person while still
legally married to another.
Trigamy: Having 3 spouses at one time (17th-19th Century England)*
From the modern legal perspective, Trigamy has been viewed as two
[...]

If'n I might be allowed to paraphrase some wise words reportedly
spoken by a wise man many, many years ago: no one can serve more than
one master; either he will love the one and hate the other or he will
be faithful to one and less faithful to the other. This is also true
of spouses. The true problem with the idea of group marriage is that
it sets up a hierarchal power struggle that always ends up with
feelings of betrayal and schism. From the very basic question of with
whom do you sleep tonight and what do we eat for supper to how do we
raise the kids, spend the money and whatever. True, it can also happen
in a traditional type marriage, but two can find a compromise much
easier than 3 or more. In fact, the discord increases exponentially
with each additional "spouse." And adding the dynamic of children only
pushes the situation to chaos, especially considering that the
children will have different biological parents creating all kinds of
natural hierarchies and power struggles. Even in traditional families,
you often see preferential treatment in how parents deal with their
children -- imagine when there are many children with different
parents -- Such as Jacob who preferred his young son Joseph because he
was the son of his favorite wife over the other siblings, and we know
where that lead.

--

If you send email, I will reply to it here at asbl
(without showing your email addy)

Old April 15th 08, 11:31 PM posted to alt.support.marriage,alt.support.divorce,alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.boy-lovers,misc.kids
David[_4_]

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 15:12:06 GMT, " krp" typed
furiously:

wrote in message
Polygamy: More than one spouse.
Monogamy: One spouse - So if you're not married, -- [you're not
technically] -- monogamous.
Polyandry: More than one husband.
Monandry: One husband.
Polygyny: More than one wife.
Monotony: One wife.
Bigamy: the criminal offense of marrying one person while still
legally married to another.
Trigamy: Having 3 spouses at one time (17th-19th Century England)*
From the modern legal perspective, Trigamy has been viewed as two
counts of Bigamy.

Golly................

But trigamy is legal?

Probably not. I have been asked if I believe in Polygamy. My answer is
that I am married to a woman. It only FEELS like I am married to several.

There was an old party of Lyme
Who married three wives at one time.
When asked "Why the third?"
He replied: "One's absurd,
And bigamy, Sir, is a crime."

I can't begin to imagine dealing with more than one wife. That must
loose estrogen is truly frightening.

ROTFL. It would be better to be one of several husbands in my opinion.
That way you can get a rest occasionally.
--
Regards
David
Old April 16th 08, 11:13 AM posted to alt.support.marriage,alt.support.divorce,alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.boy-lovers,misc.kids
krp[_4_]

"David" wrote in message

Polygamy: More than one spouse.
Monogamy: One spouse - So if you're not married, -- [you're not
technically] -- monogamous.
Polyandry: More than one husband.
Monandry: One husband.
Polygyny: More than one wife.
Monotony: One wife.
Bigamy: the criminal offense of marrying one person while still
legally married to another.
Trigamy: Having 3 spouses at one time (17th-19th Century England)*
From the modern legal perspective, Trigamy has been viewed as two
counts of Bigamy.

Golly................

But trigamy is legal?

Probably not. I have been asked if I believe in Polygamy. My answer is
that I am married to a woman. It only FEELS like I am married to several.

There was an old party of Lyme
Who married three wives at one time.
When asked "Why the third?"
He replied: "One's absurd,
And bigamy, Sir, is a crime."

I can't begin to imagine dealing with more than one wife. That must
loose estrogen is truly frightening.

ROTFL. It would be better to be one of several husbands in my opinion.
That way you can get a rest occasionally.

It is better one man one woman.

Old April 16th 08, 12:05 PM posted to alt.support.marriage,alt.support.divorce,alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.boy-lovers,misc.kids
Dan Sullivan

Default ot asCPS

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old April 16th 08, 04:00 PM posted to alt.support.marriage,alt.support.divorce,alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.boy-lovers,misc.kids
David[_4_]

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:13:37 GMT, " krp" typed
furiously:

"David" wrote in message
.. .

Polygamy: More than one spouse.
Monogamy: One spouse - So if you're not married, -- [you're not
technically] -- monogamous.
Polyandry: More than one husband.
Monandry: One husband.
Polygyny: More than one wife.
Monotony: One wife.
Bigamy: the criminal offense of marrying one person while still
legally married to another.
Trigamy: Having 3 spouses at one time (17th-19th Century England)*
From the modern legal perspective, Trigamy has been viewed as two
counts of Bigamy.

Golly................

But trigamy is legal?

Probably not. I have been asked if I believe in Polygamy. My answer is
that I am married to a woman. It only FEELS like I am married to several.

There was an old party of Lyme
Who married three wives at one time.
When asked "Why the third?"
He replied: "One's absurd,
And bigamy, Sir, is a crime."

I can't begin to imagine dealing with more than one wife. That must
loose estrogen is truly frightening.

ROTFL. It would be better to be one of several husbands in my opinion.
That way you can get a rest occasionally.

It is better one man one woman.

Nah! Too much stress.