| Nonpunitive Child Discipline

Old December 8th 03, 02:43 AM
Kane

Default | Nonpunitive Child Discipline

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 17:24:44 -0800, Doan wrote:

Then let's get rid of ALL punishments! Ban them all!

Now you are talking. Natural consequences are more than adequate for
children to learn, coupled with loving parents that actually care
about their childs healthy development, and who will teach and guide
gently.

Unfortunately we are saddled with a huge population of spanked
children now grown to dangerous adulthood. While I don't approve of a
punishment oriented approach to rehabilitating them, I am aware they
aren't going to volunteer to much rehabilitation, so they must be
locked away or on supervised parole to protect the population.

Would that we could proved more psychological support for
them..reparenting them as I was fortunate enough to do with some teens
in the 80's.

The major reason we don't do more rehab is that the rest of the 90%
NOT in jail have poorly developed reasoning capacity, considerable
thinking error, and a severe retardation of conscience development.

Funding and commitment to rehab rather than punishment appears
lacking.

So much for the other people in this society lacking conscience and
social responsibility....

Will the question of my status as being spanked or never spanked, by
my own admission, or having made a claim one way or the other every be
solved?

Stay tuned.

OH!, and do visit the page and read it.

What touched me the most, no minimizing the wonderfully sensitive
over and over in the lives of children and their loving non-punitive
caregiver, whether with the child of friends, a small relative, or
one's very own child.

The peace and beauty of it can't be adequately described in words, but
Chris certainly came close.

Have you read it completely, Doan?

What is your take on the feelings of the child and Chris?

What thoughts might each be having in response to each other?

What might the qualities or shortcomings of their relationship
include?

Is Chris feeling responsible for this child, even though not his own?

Kane

On 7 Dec 2003, Chris wrote:
http://www.geocities.com/cddugan/Non...iscipline.html