Trick for Fitting Children's Boots

Old December 9th 03, 07:41 PM
Madolyn

Default Trick for Fitting Children's Boots

This might be common knowledge to most of you here, but it came as a big
"duh!" to me, and I wish I had known about this a long time ago.

We recently bought our daughter a pair of hiking boots at REI, and the sales
associate determined the fit by pulling out the removable instep liner and
placing my daughter's foot on top of it. Otherwise, it would have been
pretty near impossible to figure out where her toe was, since the shoe was
so rigid. Since she's just four, she's not really able to tell us if she
thinks the shoe feels like a good fit. (She tends to insist that something
"fits!" based on how much she likes the looks of it. I remember doing the
same thing as a kid, too.)

I just received a pair of snow boots for her today from LL Bean, and I'll be
using this method to see if they're the right size.

Hope this helps,
-- Madolyn