Cord size in relation to hunger?

Old April 13th 06, 12:55 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Cord size in relation to hunger?

Hi,

I don't think i've posted here in a couple of years now since I had
da Bug in '03. I had "Snuffy" on 14-Feb-06 & he had a cord so big
they sent it off to the lab to have tests done on it. It was
perfectly fine. He was 9lbs 6oz at birth & I was Gestational
Diabetic. However, his sugars after birth were perfect, so his size
was determined to be in relation to where the placenta planted itself
in my uterus. Accoding to the Doc it attached in a really rich area &
the baby ate like a king for nine months. Going home weight was 8lbs
13oz, two week check up he was back up to birth weight. Almost five
weeks the entire household was sick & baby got a fever, so off to the
Doc's we went & they drew blood. He was 11lbs even. At six weeks we
took the littlest big brother, 29 months, to the Doc & they weighed
Snuffy & he was 13 lbs. Littlest big brother is 27lbs & 2ft 11in.
That's the history so far. Two month check up is next week. We shall
see what he weighs then.

The question is, is he eating too much? He eats constantly! If he
fusses we change him first to see if that will settle him. We pick
him up & tote him around, we're going to have HUGE biceps, to see if
that will settle him. All that works for a little while, but
eventually he gets revved up & so we feed. Thirty minutes per side,
depending on when the last time the littlest big brother fed. If it's
been recently then it's only on the opposite side. He doesn't spit up
very much, he hardly burps, but sometimes he looks a little
uncomfortable. Ya know how you feel when you've eaten too much & it
feels like your stomach is going to explode? He gets "THAT" look.
Sister is holding him right now cause he was fussing in his bouncy
thingy, but he's throwing himself towards where he knows I am. Both
the little ones have been that way with me. They KNOW where I am. lol
The other one is a skinny minny though & now i've gotta moose! Is
this in relation to the size of his cord & being fed so well in the
tummy? He's got rolls on his calves & there's a wave of rolls on his
back. He does the mini pushups & if he really gets going can throw
himself over from his tummy to his back with no problems. Like I said
he's a moose. He was also very red when he was born & the Doc said it
was because he was infused with a rich blood supply as well from where
the placenta was attached to the uterus. I'm just looking for some
like stories, or some suggestions as to if he's over eating or if it's
fine like it is. I'll ask the same things of the Doc next week, but
this way I have something to go on & can maybe form my questions a
little better. There are some pics of his cord in his album under
February on the website if anyone wants a look. Not sure which page
sorry. TIA for anything ya got!

Brandy

Jaeden Christopher 14-Feb-06 9lbs. 6oz. 21 in.
Joseph Kieran 06-Nov-03 7lbs. 12oz. 20.5 in.
Russell John 08-Feb-89 7lbs. 5oz. 20 in.
Jessica Rae 22-Jun-86 8lbs. 1oz. 19.5 in.

http://brandysbrats.silverwraith.com

Tandem nursing
Co-sleeping w/ 2
Repeat C-section, home in 2 days
Old April 13th 06, 02:18 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

I really don't think cord size has anything to do with how much the baby
will eat or weigh. It has more to do with genetics. Babies don't tend to
overeat, so I wouldn't worry about. More than likely, your baby will even
out after six months, that is usually when the fat rolls start to disappear
and the weight gain slows down.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)