Gas and air?

Old May 13th 07, 05:05 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_2_]

Default Gas and air?

I was 5cm for a few days before my water broke so I was half way there
without a twinge . I think *that* is the way to go...and I'm sure being
the 3rd time makes a big difference. I think the last 10minutes was
transition (I just didn't know it) and the first half was no big deal at
all. I hope things work out for you! I always think "I'll get it right
next time" and while each experience has been better I still don't feel
like I got it right! I think I'm all done practicing though

I expect that does help, though I've had precipitate labours, I've had to go
the full 10cm, with DD (my 2nd), I was completely closed at a VE a noon, I
then went into labour had a VE less than 2 hrs later and was 6cm, I'd had no
more than 20 contractions to do that, so it's hardly surprising that they
were strong and long and that was with a high posterior baby, which makes it
scary to think how fast it could be with a baby correctly positioned and
well applied to the cervix. I'm pretty sure we will have another, but with
the amount of damage done last time, there is a high chance it would be a
c-section, which would mean OB rather than midwife care, then if I decided
at the end that things looked good for a normal birth, it could well be
unassisted at home!

Anne

Old May 16th 07, 10:21 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Lucy-lu

Thanks for all the replies guys. Certainly given me a lot more confidence!
I'm going to try and go as long as I can next time without it, and only use
it if I really need to. I'm also going to read up a lot on breathing and
stuff before we go for it again!

Lucy x