In Labor

Old February 5th 08, 03:23 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
betsy

Default In Labor

I seem to be in early labor. I hoped the baby would wait a couple
days since I have a nasty virus and the kids are sick too, but I guess
it won't wait any longer. After each contraction is over, I have
joint pains from the virus that seem to rove around my body and last
much longer than the contraction. Sometimes they are in my knees,
sometimes my ankles, feet, wrists etc. While I can handle the
contractions OK, the joint pains make me want to scream.

My contractions are strong, but still spaced out. This seems a bit
strange to me, since my labors tend to start out quickly and be fast.

--Betsy
Old February 5th 08, 04:46 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

betsy wrote:
I seem to be in early labor. I hoped the baby would wait a couple
days since I have a nasty virus and the kids are sick too, but I guess
it won't wait any longer. After each contraction is over, I have
joint pains from the virus that seem to rove around my body and last
much longer than the contraction. Sometimes they are in my knees,
sometimes my ankles, feet, wrists etc. While I can handle the
contractions OK, the joint pains make me want to scream.

My contractions are strong, but still spaced out. This seems a bit
strange to me, since my labors tend to start out quickly and be fast.

well, fingers crossed, betsy, maybe the virus is doing wierd things to
you, I've done the joint pain in labour thing and it's unpleasant, so
you have my sympathies, let us know what happens....

Anne
Old February 5th 08, 06:44 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

On Feb 5, 10:23*am, betsy wrote:
I seem to be in early labor. *I hoped the baby would wait a couple
days since I have a nasty virus and the kids are sick too, but I guess
it won't wait any longer. *After each contraction is over, I have
joint pains from the virus that seem to rove around my body and last
much longer than the contraction. *Sometimes they are in my knees,
sometimes my ankles, feet, wrists etc. *While I can handle the
contractions OK, the joint pains make me want to scream.

My contractions are strong, but still spaced out. *This seems a bit
strange to me, since my labors tend to start out quickly and be fast.

--Betsy

I would go to the hospital i have 2 kids my daughter came 3 weeks
early i had the flu and was getting sick all day well needless to say
she was born that night. The sickness started my early labor.
Old February 5th 08, 06:57 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

betsy schrieb:
I seem to be in early labor. I hoped the baby would wait a couple
days since I have a nasty virus and the kids are sick too, but I guess
it won't wait any longer. After each contraction is over, I have
joint pains from the virus that seem to rove around my body and last
much longer than the contraction. Sometimes they are in my knees,
sometimes my ankles, feet, wrists etc. While I can handle the
contractions OK, the joint pains make me want to scream.

My contractions are strong, but still spaced out. This seems a bit
strange to me, since my labors tend to start out quickly and be fast.

--Betsy

Well, maybe they're waiting for your midwives to arrive and then speed
up ;-)

I'm always tempted to say "Have fun" but I guess that's only true for a
given value of fun, so I'll just say "Have a good one" instead ;-)

cu
nicole
Old February 5th 08, 10:02 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

"NL" wrote in message
betsy schrieb:
I seem to be in early labor. I hoped the baby would wait a couple
days since I have a nasty virus and the kids are sick too, but I guess
it won't wait any longer. After each contraction is over, I have
joint pains from the virus that seem to rove around my body and last
much longer than the contraction. Sometimes they are in my knees,
sometimes my ankles, feet, wrists etc. While I can handle the
contractions OK, the joint pains make me want to scream.

My contractions are strong, but still spaced out. This seems a bit
strange to me, since my labors tend to start out quickly and be fast.

--Betsy

Well, maybe they're waiting for your midwives to arrive and then speed up
;-)

I'm always tempted to say "Have fun" but I guess that's only true for a
given value of fun, so I'll just say "Have a good one" instead ;-)

How about "Happy Pushing!"
--

Jamie Clark

Old February 6th 08, 11:37 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"betsy" wrote in message
I seem to be in early labor. I hoped the baby would wait a couple
days since I have a nasty virus and the kids are sick too, but I guess
it won't wait any longer. After each contraction is over, I have
joint pains from the virus that seem to rove around my body and last
much longer than the contraction. Sometimes they are in my knees,
sometimes my ankles, feet, wrists etc. While I can handle the
contractions OK, the joint pains make me want to scream.

My contractions are strong, but still spaced out. This seems a bit
strange to me, since my labors tend to start out quickly and be fast.

Good luck. As you haven't followed up yet, maybe baby's here?
Debbie

Old February 6th 08, 01:00 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
april & co

I sent this last night Betsy but actually sent it to Jamie's email box
instead LOL. Anyway just wanted to wish you the best of luck and I'm
thinking because we've heard nothing else from you that you're either in
full blown labour by now or had that little bundle. Can't wait to hear from
you.

april

Old February 9th 08, 09:55 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
betsy

On Feb 6, 3:37 am, "Welches"
wrote:

Good luck. As you haven't followed up yet, maybe baby's here?
Debbie

Yes, she is here. This is the first chance I've had to get to the
computer.
Here are some details.

My baby was born on Tuesday about 6 hours after I last posted. She
weighed 8 lbs 13 oz when they got around to weighing her.

My contractions stayed about 30 minutes apart for most of the labor
and never did get very close together. I actually went back to bed
and slept between them. When I was on my side, I could feel her head
coming down, but when I got up to squat, she seemed higher.

After spending a while sitting on a low stool and on my hands and
knees in the bathroom, I moved to the bedroom on my side. I had one
really hard contraction where the head moved way down and my membranes
ruptured. After this, I got up on my hands and knees and carefully
pushed her out in the next few contractions.

She came out with both fists up at her face. Maybe this is one of the
reasons her position seemed strange to me during labor.

She nursed well right away, opening her mouth nice and wide. Despite
the nursing, my contractions petered out and I couldn't seem to push
out the placenta. After a bit less than an hour, I started gushing
blood and they rushed me to the nearest hospital 6 blocks away.

As soon as they got me onto the bed, I had the largest contraction
since the birth and with the help of a former British midwife who was
there with the student nurses she was teaching, managed to get the
placenta out (at least most of it).

They spent the next few hours trying to get my bleeding down and blood
pressure up. It took several hours before they decided I was well
enough to be moved to a recovery room.

My midwife had to leave at 6:15 and the nurses said that I had lost
too much blood to be allowed to have my baby with me without a
responsible adult present. They were understaffed and couldn't
provide that. My husband was home taking care of our 3 sick kids, so
I called a wonderful neighbor who rushed in.

We have had lots of great help, which has been very important since no
family members could come this time.

They think I lost about 2 liters of blood and I am supposed to be
careful for a while. My milk came in last night, much later than
usual for me, but I am feeling thankful for it coming in well after
the blood loss. I feel that I received very good care. Despite
having things go in a way I didn't plan,
it doesn't feel like too bad an experience.

My baby is very cute and has lots of hair. We haven't even managed to
take her first picture yet. I guess I better find the camera.

--Betsy
Old February 9th 08, 10:05 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

betsy schrieb:

My baby is very cute and has lots of hair. We haven't even managed to
take her first picture yet. I guess I better find the camera.

Congratulations! I'm glad everything ended well and you're all doing
fine. Are you going to tell us her name or are you keeping it a secret,
or have I just missed it?
Welcome to the world little girl :-)

cu
nicole
Old February 9th 08, 10:25 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
april & co

They think I lost about 2 liters of blood and I am supposed to be
careful for a while. My milk came in last night, much later than
usual for me, but I am feeling thankful for it coming in well after
the blood loss. I feel that I received very good care. Despite
having things go in a way I didn't plan,
it doesn't feel like too bad an experience.

My baby is very cute and has lots of hair. We haven't even managed to
take her first picture yet. I guess I better find the camera.

--Betsy

Awww Betsy I'm so glad she's here and that you are both doing well. I've
been thinking about you for the last few days wondering how it all went so
although you lost that blood I am pleased to hear all else went well. You
take care and will speak soon.

april

still no labor Graciesmom Pregnancy 9 November 5th 05 10:18 AM
How to tell when you are in labor Daye Pregnancy 9 December 24th 03 07:12 PM
I seem to be in labor..... Karen Pregnancy 6 September 17th 03 03:06 PM
Where were you...labor? VirginiaGirl Pregnancy 29 September 14th 03 06:54 PM
How did your labor BARBABA Pregnancy 10 July 19th 03 02:50 PM