Can you work for your Relatives business and get paid $ 0 dollar and CS $ O dollar ?

Old February 11th 06, 01:21 AM posted to alt.child-support

Default Can you work for your Relatives business and get paid $ 0 dollar and CS $ O dollar ?

Hello ,
One person raised this question in discussion and we are sharing here..
that Can you work for your Relatives/spouse owned business and get paid
$ 0 dollar Or low income and Child support $ O dollar or low payment
?

what is the minimum amount should be get paid as salary ?
Is there any red flag to family court system that you have very low
income ?
It is none of the business of court what you can get paid or not right
?

Old February 11th 06, 02:52 AM posted to alt.child-support

"Dream" wrote in message oups.com...
Hello ,
One person raised this question in discussion and we are sharing here..
that Can you work for your Relatives/spouse owned business and get paid
$ 0 dollar Or low income and Child support $ O dollar or low payment
?

what is the minimum amount should be get paid as salary ?
Is there any red flag to family court system that you have very low
income ?
It is none of the business of court what you can get paid or not right
?

It's absolutely the business of the court when you lie to them.

They don't like it.

Old February 11th 06, 04:19 PM posted to alt.child-support

It is not lying . Just dont wanna get paid

Old February 11th 06, 04:47 PM posted to alt.child-support

Dream wrote:

It is not lying . Just dont wanna get paid

Right. It's not so much lying as doing what the family courts are set
up to expect you to do anyway. And it's not like they don't pull the
same crap.

In the past, I would have said that it is a dishonorable and duplicitous
thing to do. Now I'm not so sure. Oh, it is dishonorable, but the
courts are set up in such a way that you're a fool if you don't follow
their suit. They, too, are dishonorable and duplicitous.

I guess it depends on what kind of person you want to be. In this case,
you *will* suffer for upholding any kind of ideals.

Sad but true.

- Ron ^*^

Old February 11th 06, 08:17 PM posted to alt.child-support

"Dream" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello ,
One person raised this question in discussion and we are sharing here..
that Can you work for your Relatives/spouse owned business and get paid
$ 0 dollar Or low income and Child support $ O dollar or low payment
?

what is the minimum amount should be get paid as salary ?
Is there any red flag to family court system that you have very low
income ?
It is none of the business of court what you can get paid or not right
?

The state will set an income amount for the person working in a family owned
business. There are to ways they can do that.

First, most state's have a provision to consider the financial advantage
afforded a parent's household by benefits of employment including those
provided by a family owned business or self-employment.

Second, they have the ability to set an imputed income at whatever level
they determine a person would be paid if they were working and/or being
paid.

By playing games a person would run the risk of the court setting an income
level higher than the actual derived through work in the family business.
And a person could almost predict the court will err on the high side.

Old February 12th 06, 10:58 PM posted to alt.child-support

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Dream" wrote in message

oups.com...
Hello ,
One person raised this question in discussion and we are sharing here..
that Can you work for your Relatives/spouse owned business and get paid
$ 0 dollar Or low income and Child support $ O dollar or low payment
?

what is the minimum amount should be get paid as salary ?
Is there any red flag to family court system that you have very low
income ?
It is none of the business of court what you can get paid or not right
?

It's absolutely the business of the court when you lie to them.

They don't like it.

None of the poster's statement mentioned ANYTHING remotely related to lying
to the court.

Old February 13th 06, 01:38 AM posted to alt.child-support

"Chris" wrote in message news:xdOHf.26835$sA3.9482@fed1read02...

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Dream" wrote in message

oups.com...
Hello ,
One person raised this question in discussion and we are sharing here..
that Can you work for your Relatives/spouse owned business and get paid
$ 0 dollar Or low income and Child support $ O dollar or low payment
?

what is the minimum amount should be get paid as salary ?
Is there any red flag to family court system that you have very low
income ?
It is none of the business of court what you can get paid or not right
?

It's absolutely the business of the court when you lie to them.

They don't like it.

None of the poster's statement mentioned ANYTHING remotely related to lying
to the court.

He wants to work for a relative/spouse owned business and get paid $0.
"Is there any red flag to family court system that you have very low income"

If he were being honest, I believe he would not be wanting to be paid $0, nor would he be worried about red flags.

Old February 14th 06, 03:51 AM posted to alt.child-support

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Dream" wrote in message

[...]

I have actually NOT utilized legal income tax deductions in order to prevent
a red flag. That mean I'm being dishonest?
He also said LOW income. Miss that part?
People work in family run businesses and get paid little or no money all the
time. Guess every one of them would be lying if they stated this fact to a
court.

Old February 14th 06, 03:56 AM posted to alt.child-support

"Chris" wrote in message news:iAbIf.26980$sA3.5632@fed1read02...

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Dream" wrote in message
[...]

Completely different thing from asking about "work for your Relatives/spouse owned business and get paid $ 0 dollar"

Miss that part?

He also said LOW income. Miss that part?
People work in family run businesses and get paid little or no money all the
time. Guess every one of them would be lying if they stated this fact to a
court.

If he wants to work for free, I'm sure there are loads of companies that would love to have him.

Though I have to wonder how he would pay his own bills, if working and "get paid $ 0 dollar"

Old February 15th 06, 02:20 PM posted to alt.child-support

On 10 Feb 2006 16:21:03 -0800, "Dream"
wrote:

Hello ,
One person raised this question in discussion and we are sharing here..
that Can you work for your Relatives/spouse owned business and get paid
$ 0 dollar Or low income and Child support $ O dollar or low payment
?

what is the minimum amount should be get paid as salary ?
Is there any red flag to family court system that you have very low
income ?
It is none of the business of court what you can get paid or not right
?

I've thought about this for a few days now. Bear in mind that this
may only be true in the United States.

Working for a relative/spouse for little or no pay in money does not
necessarily mean that INCOME is low. Things provided in barter, for
instance, cause taxable income when being strictly legal. The fair
market value of what is given in lieu of money is income. Hence, if
you were provided food and shelter while you worked for a relative for
little or no money, the fair market value of the food and shelter
would be counted as income. If you were to work for a spouse for
nothing, it is quite likely that the court would, then, attribute half
of your spouse's earnings to you.

The minimum amount to get paid as salary depends upon the type of work
you are performing. The lowest paying job in the United States earns
$5.15 per hour, but minimum wage is higher than this in some states.
If it appears that you are not making what your services are worth,
the court will impute an income for the fair market value of your
services. I am an accountant and my husband runs his own business.
If I chose to work for my husband instead of where I do, the court
would assume my services were still worth what I could be paid working
for a stranger in a similar situation... well above minimum wage. If
I had no skills whatsoever and just did manual labor for my husband,
the court would consider my services worth a minimum of $5.15 per
hour.

Beverly