new member

Old April 10th 06, 06:01 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default new member

New here, I had a baby boy 4 months ago who had anencephaly a fatal NTD
and he lived for 33 hours.Will be trying to concieve again in about 6
months.Right now am on high dose 4 mg folic acid.For those who dont
know taking at least 400mcg folic acid everyday for 3 months BEFORE
conception can reduce the chances of having a baby born with a ntd like
anencepahly or spina bifida by up to 70-80%.
Nicole

Old April 10th 06, 06:09 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"Nicole" wrote in message
ps.com...
New here, I had a baby boy 4 months ago who had anencephaly a fatal NTD
and he lived for 33 hours.Will be trying to concieve again in about 6
months.Right now am on high dose 4 mg folic acid.For those who dont
know taking at least 400mcg folic acid everyday for 3 months BEFORE
conception can reduce the chances of having a baby born with a ntd like
anencepahly or spina bifida by up to 70-80%.
Nicole

Hi Nicole, and welcome from Alberta, Canada!
I'm so sorry to read about your loss. I can't even begin to imagine, and I
am actually not very familiar at all with any of that
Hopefully you'll find here to be useful and can get some support, ideas and
all that, as well as share some as well!
~Kat

Old April 10th 06, 07:18 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Nicole wrote:
New here, I had a baby boy 4 months ago who had anencephaly a fatal
NTD and he lived for 33 hours.Will be trying to concieve again in
about 6 months.Right now am on high dose 4 mg folic acid.For those
who dont know taking at least 400mcg folic acid everyday for 3 months
BEFORE conception can reduce the chances of having a baby born with a
ntd like anencepahly or spina bifida by up to 70-80%.
Nicole

Nicole,
I'm so sorry for the loss of your son. I had a baby boy that was developing
with a giant omphalocele. We lost him at 24 weeks back in March of 1998.

Welcome to the list. Best of luck to you as you conceive again.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password

Old April 10th 06, 07:44 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Nicole wrote:
New here, I had a baby boy 4 months ago who had anencephaly a fatal NTD
and he lived for 33 hours.Will be trying to concieve again in about 6
months.Right now am on high dose 4 mg folic acid.For those who dont
know taking at least 400mcg folic acid everyday for 3 months BEFORE
conception can reduce the chances of having a baby born with a ntd like
anencepahly or spina bifida by up to 70-80%.
Nicole

Sorry for your loss & good luck on conceiving again!

I didn't know that my first pregnancy till my first Dr. appt & then
started on prenatals right away. Luckily my first came out just fine,
but this time around I was on prenatals for a year beforehand due to the
length it took to get pregnant.

Too bad it's not one of those widely known things.
Old April 10th 06, 11:32 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"Nicole" wrote in message
ps.com...
New here, I had a baby boy 4 months ago who had anencephaly a fatal NTD
and he lived for 33 hours.Will be trying to concieve again in about 6
months.Right now am on high dose 4 mg folic acid.For those who dont
know taking at least 400mcg folic acid everyday for 3 months BEFORE
conception can reduce the chances of having a baby born with a ntd like
anencepahly or spina bifida by up to 70-80%.
Nicole

hi nicole, so sorry for your loss, what an awful thing to go through. Good
luck in your endeavours

Old April 10th 06, 01:47 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"Nicole" wrote in message
ps.com...
New here, I had a baby boy 4 months ago who had anencephaly a fatal NTD
and he lived for 33 hours.Will be trying to concieve again in about 6
months.Right now am on high dose 4 mg folic acid.For those who dont
know taking at least 400mcg folic acid everyday for 3 months BEFORE
conception can reduce the chances of having a baby born with a ntd like
anencepahly or spina bifida by up to 70-80%.
Nicole

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, all the best for when you TTC.

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old April 10th 06, 02:11 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

New here, I had a baby boy 4 months ago who had anencephaly a fatal NTD
and he lived for 33 hours.Will be trying to concieve again in about 6
months.Right now am on high dose 4 mg folic acid.For those who dont
know taking at least 400mcg folic acid everyday for 3 months BEFORE
conception can reduce the chances of having a baby born with a ntd like
anencepahly or spina bifida by up to 70-80%.

so sorry about your loss, good luck in conceiving again

Anne

Old April 10th 06, 02:13 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Too bad it's not one of those widely known things.

Where do you live, Denise? I'm in the UK and it whilst I don't recall it
being taught at school, it was certainly something I was aware of from
school age. In the news here reports about it are more related to the vast
number of pregnancies that are not planned and there are discussions about
putting it into bread, so that even those people get it.

Cheers

Anne

Old April 10th 06, 05:05 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"Nicole" wrote in message
ps.com...
New here, I had a baby boy 4 months ago who had anencephaly a fatal NTD
and he lived for 33 hours.Will be trying to concieve again in about 6
months.Right now am on high dose 4 mg folic acid.For those who dont
know taking at least 400mcg folic acid everyday for 3 months BEFORE
conception can reduce the chances of having a baby born with a ntd like
anencepahly or spina bifida by up to 70-80%.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Nicole.

I have a six month old son who was born with spina bifida. I was taking 800
mcg folic acid prior to conception and after. It is wonderful information
to get out there, though.

I wish you the best trying to conceive.

--
Joy