joint pain after pregnancy

Old August 30th 05, 05:45 PM
Charo

Hi, Nikki.

Thanks and thanks and thanks again. I am the kind of person that when I
have a symptom I always think it is the worst. Chatting with you has
taken me out of thinking I might have rhumatoid arthritis. It is
incredible but no doctor has been able to tell me what is going on and
apparently, our thing is not very common. I saw a feet doctor and he told
me that my problem was that the hormone that relaxes the joints before
delivery, to make easier the pass of the baby through the hips, had
relaxed also the joints of my feet and the bridge had fallen, hence the
pain in the tendons, and the subsequent pain in the bones, because I
suddenly had become flat footed. The spectacular weight gain I had
didn't help much, either. He made me some orthoptics for my shoes and told
me to wear them all the time. I somehow didn't believe too much this
explanation, but now that you tell me about your flat feet, I think we
have gone through the same.

I don't know if you plan to have more kids, but if you do, I hope these
stupid problems do not come back to you again. Otherwise, maybe
orthoptics would help you, too.

Thank you again for giving me peace.

Charo

Old August 30th 05, 07:51 PM
Nikki

Charo wrote:

I saw a feet doctor
and he told me that my problem was that the hormone that relaxes the
joints before delivery, to make easier the pass of the baby through
the hips, had relaxed also the joints of my feet and the bridge had
fallen, hence the pain in the tendons, and the subsequent pain in the
bones, because I suddenly had become flat footed.

That makes sense. I was already flat footed, lol. My foot is now at least
a 1/2 size bigger then it used to be though. They were anything but small
to begin with :-P.

The spectacular
weight gain I had didn't help much, either.

I gained 65lbs with Luke.

He made me some
orthoptics for my shoes and told me to wear them all the time.

If it was as he explained that should help. I should wear them all the time
but don't. My oldest son has flat feet too that he inherited from me.

I don't know if you plan to have more kids, but if you do, I hope
these stupid problems do not come back to you again. Otherwise, maybe
orthoptics would help you, too.

One in the oven as a matter of fact. I hope for no repeats too. I am
planning on getting a very good, supportive shoe for pregnancy and after
birth as soon as I have the time.

Hope yours goes away soon!

--
Nikki