update from me

Old January 17th 08, 04:40 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
april & co

Default update from me

Hi peeps

Well it's been a few weeks since I last logged on, the last time I wrote
here I had to write through google groups as my internet provider didnt have
a newsgroup reader thing but i've now switched to ntl so have now got
newsgroups again through outlook express woohoo. Well lots have happened
since I last wrote, I moved home in December, we were planning to move in on
the 15th december but there were a few problems which resulted in us
crashing at parents houses until we could finally move in which was the 24th
december but when we moved in there were still issues with the central
heating and hot water so we had to use portable heaters to keep warm and for
bathing had to grab one at a familys house when we could, I hated that soooo
much as I like to bath daily. We have now got the heating and water sorted
which is great but the cooker doesnt work so that means we're limited to
what we can eat which can also be annoying but this is to be sorted on the
weekend hopefully. About a week ago we had more bad news which was my mother
in law who I was quite close to passed away which was expected as she had
motor nurone disease and dementia but we didnt quite expect her to pass away
so soon so it was still quite a shock, we have her funeral next thursday the
24th jan a day before Joannas birthday.

Joanna, well she's doing great apart from a cough which I will come back to.
Joanna has now been home with us for just over 2 years and I really mean
just as she came home on the 2nd January 2007. It was great to meet that
milestone and it's been tough being a parent at times but I love her to bits
and wouldnt be without her. It's much easier now that I'm back in Luton
close to my friends and family and not stuck in wales where I didnt really
know many people at all. Social services visit us rarely now and are still
planning to lift the care order in the near future. Joanna has a night time
cough at the moment which I am trying to sort out, I am taking her back to
the doctors tommorow and hope they do something as she's had this night time
cough since October now and its really bugging me now.

Pregnancy, well i'm now 11+6 weeks pregnant and things seem to be going ok
and I have my first scan on the 31st January which I am soooooo looking
forward to. I was a rollercoaster of emotions when I found out about the
pregnancy, at first I was super happy about it but then it sank in a little
further and I just crapped myseld thinking omg can I really do this, can I
parent two children, what if I have it and can't cope and lose both the
babies to care blah blah and thought of terminating, I then spoke to the guy
who done the parenting assessment who said I could parent another baby
although it still took me a while to get my head around the whole thing but
i've now pretty much excepted it and if I feel the need to ask for help then
I will. I look at the small bump every now and then and think wtf have I
done but surely every parent goes through this. I know I love the baby as
I'm petrified of MC the baby so theres obviously something there otherwise I
just wouldnt care.

catch u soon and sry about the essay.

--
www.freewebs.com/lastchancerabbitrescue

Old January 17th 08, 06:59 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Pologirl

On Jan 17, 9:40 am, "april & co"
wrote:
[...]

Hi April,

Yes it is normal to think "what have I got myself into?!" and be
scared by the idea of having *2* children. But it can be done, and
more to the point *you* can do it. I have no doubt at all about that,
having followed your story.

About Joanna's coughing at night... Do you mean she coughs in bed?
Does she nap during the days anymore? What I am getting at is this:
does she cough only at night or does she cough only when lying down?
If when lying down, does it make a difference how she is lying? What
position does she like to sleep in? When she runs around, does she
seem to get out of breath more easily than other children? I don't
want to frighten you, but some things to consider and rule out are
kidney disease and a mediastinal (chest) tumor.

Pologirl (who has learned far too much about tumors)
Old January 17th 08, 07:06 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Pologirl

Okay, let's make a list of things to consider and rule out... The
symptoms are a chronic cough that occurs *only* when lying down.
Possible causes include:

acid reflux
kidney disease
mediastinal (chest) tumor

It might be helpful to keep a "cough diary", to demonstrate that she
does not cough except when lying down. Or, the diary may show that
she coughs at other times too, in which case lying down may just be
making the coughing worse. This usually happens.

Hope this helps.

Pologirl
Old January 17th 08, 07:24 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Ericka Kammerer

Pologirl wrote:

About Joanna's coughing at night... Do you mean she coughs in bed?
Does she nap during the days anymore? What I am getting at is this:
does she cough only at night or does she cough only when lying down?
If when lying down, does it make a difference how she is lying? What
position does she like to sleep in? When she runs around, does she
seem to get out of breath more easily than other children? I don't
want to frighten you, but some things to consider and rule out are
kidney disease and a mediastinal (chest) tumor.

...although allergies may be a far more likely cause of
a persistent nighttime cough.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old January 17th 08, 08:48 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Me Myself and I[_3_]

So glad to hear an update and I hope that things continue to get better for
you. My firth thought with the couch is asthma. She may be sensitive to
the dust etc and coughing because he face is so close to it. My Brothers
and Step-Mother are all asthmatic and the first symptoms they had before
they were diagnosed was a night time cough that progressed to an unusual
double cough during the day.

Good luck and I hope all goes well.

--
Pip, in NZ

My girls :
DD1 Jasmine - 5 weeks early - March 02 - 4lb 12oz
Still as small as a peanut but as smart as a whip!

DD2 Abby - 8 weeks early - Feb 05 - 3lb 14oz
Two and a half and still a terror!!

"Yes you can drive me insane just by talking to me!"

Old January 17th 08, 09:27 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

honestly, April, the fact you have come through all you've come through
and are still here and still coping shows you're a lot stronger and
better parent than a lot of us are.

Good Luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

Anne
Old January 17th 08, 09:53 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Akuvikate

On Jan 17, 11:06*am, Pologirl wrote:
Okay, let's make a list of things to consider and rule out... *The
symptoms are a chronic cough that occurs *only* when lying down.
Possible causes include:

acid reflux
kidney disease
mediastinal (chest) tumor

It might be helpful to keep a "cough diary", to demonstrate that she
does not cough except when lying down. *Or, the diary may show that
she coughs at other times too, in which case lying down may just be
making the coughing worse. *This usually happens.

All of those things certainly could cause a cough with lying down, but
allergies and asthma would probably end up being the cause of
nighttime cough nearly 100:1, particularly in a toddler.

Kate, ignorant foot soldier of the medical cartel
and the Bug, 4 years old
and something brewing, 4/08
Old January 17th 08, 10:06 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
april & co

Thanks everybody for your replies. I am pretty confident that this cough is
down to asthma as there is a lot of it in my family. I have asthma, my
sister has asthma, my mother has asthma, joannas nan who just passed away
had asthma so there is quite a bit of it and it is apparantly hereditry.
When I was living in wales I was taking her to the docs regulary and they
suggested it might be asthma but said they wouldnt do anything unless it got
worse or until after she turned 2 years old as the treatment can stress them
out. The last appointment was november and there is no change in her, it was
suggested I tried her with a pillow to lift her up a bit but that hasnt
helped. They've tried her on 3 courses of anti biotics which havent helped
and I've tried her on benalin cough meds, tricxylix cough med, vix, olbas
oil on her silky, karvol on her silky and simple lictus which was adviced by
my pharmasist. I've got to say the simple lictus has helped a little bit but
my worry with that is on the bottle it says it's not recommended for
children so I don't want joanna on this long term in case it causes more
harm than good but I also can not cope with my daughter coughing every night
and being distressed. Oh well i've got the appointment with doc in the
morning and will try and push him to check this out more than it has been.
. ..

Old January 17th 08, 11:09 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Coughing at night can also be a sign of asthma. Which is not quite so dire
as some of the other issues!
--

Jamie Clark

Old January 17th 08, 11:13 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

If it's asthma, I'm not sure why you would be given antibiotics and some of
the others cough remedies. Asthma has to do with the lungs, not the throat.

Does she have this cough ever night, or just around when she has a cold?
Taylor gets a night time cough when she gets a cold, and the cold always
settles into her lungs and becomes problematic if not dealt with soon
enough. When she was two, that winter, she had bronchitis one month, then
pnemonia, then wheezing. It was at that point that we were prescribed a
nebulizer. It's pretty easy to use and not that stressfull -- it takes
about 20-30 minutes, so she gets to watch tv while breathing the mist. She
uses it 3 times a day, from the first moment I suspect that there *might* be
a cold coming on, until it's clear that it's over, and for the past 3 years,
has had no more problems because of a common cold. Yippeee!
--

Jamie Clark