Could you perhaps help us out??

Old January 28th 04, 05:50 AM
Kirkaoa

Default Could you perhaps help us out??

NEEDED: Children staying in a battered women's shelter beg you to please help
them out by sending any "left-over" children's craft and/or art project items
you might have, including 1/2 boxes of crayons, partially used paints, etc,
etc, that they may use during a weekly "arts-n-crafts" hour. Needless to say,
there is no money to purchase such items, so I thought perhaps I could turn to
all of you.. hoping that perhaps during your spring cleaning... perhaps you
could donate any such items to the kids by mailing to: Kids Helping Kids c/o
Juki's ~ 823 Starr Ave. ~ Toledo, Ohio 43605 ~ THANK YOU so very much to
anyone who sends anything!!
Old January 29th 04, 06:56 PM
Fern5827

Default Could you perhaps help us out?? Reply try CSB, CPS in OH.

Hi, did you know that CSB in OH recently underwent a 5 month strike?

I suggest you contact the caseworkers for DSS, CSB in your county and see just
what the "child savers" can do for your destitute group.

You are obviously a KIND and Caring person who is trying with all her might to
set up a good situation for these children.

CPS has lots of dollars to separate children from families---now let's see if
they can help a grass roots organization which is trying to keep kids from
foster care.

Also, check to see if your area School district has something like a donated
supplies site. Sometimes local businesses donate art supplies, wallpaper, etc
which can be used for crafts.

Check your local Food Bank, too, and area churches.

Ask if you can get space in local church bulletins?

Often families have books, craft items, toys, etc.

Perhaps Goodwill or Purple Heart, or Salvation Army could help you. Some
clothing bins PROHIBIT THEIR ACCEPTING Items except clothing, and they might be
willing to let you scrounge for crafts, etc. there.

Also, don't forget appealing to teens in high schools and to Home Ec teachers
who may have Child Daycare in their schools.

Local cable access TV stations might permit you to advertise, too.

If you see that I have some experience with the above, you are right.

I have volunteered on behalf of Children And Families for many years.

Best wishes. You and the children deserve it.

Fern.

Appealing for donations in Ohio area.

BTW, have you gone to local Newsgroups in OH?

..Subject: Could you perhaps help us out??

Old January 29th 04, 11:33 PM
Carlson LaVonne

Fern5827 wrote:
Hi, did you know that CSB in OH recently underwent a 5 month strike?

I suggest you contact the caseworkers for DSS, CSB in your county and see just
what the "child savers" can do for your destitute group.

You are obviously a KIND and Caring person who is trying with all her might to
set up a good situation for these children.

CPS has lots of dollars to separate children from families---now let's see if
they can help a grass roots organization which is trying to keep kids from
foster care.

There are several major problems in your above suggestion. First, CPS
does not have "lots of dollars" but is grossly under funded, which one
reason why errors occur that you like to present as the norm. If CPS in
all states had the financial resources to hire educated and qualified
individuals and to assign CPS workers reasonable caseloads, the errors
that occur could be minimized.

The money that CPS does receive cannot be used randomly. It is
specifically designated for specific purposes. CPS does not have the
authority nor the legal flexibility to donate to caring organizations of
it's choice.

The writer asked for donations of supplies for children in battered
women's shelters. Children are not removed from their mother because
she is being battered by her domestic partner and is fleeing to provide
a better and safer life for both her and her children. Good grief,
Fern. This grass roots organization isn't trying to keep families
together. These families are already together. They are in a battered
women's shelter and the writer asked for donations for the children.

Your ability to twist posts to fit your personal agenda is simply amazing!

LaVonne