Completely OT Poll: How long have you waited at a hair or tanning salon?

Old February 17th 04, 02:41 PM
Irene

Default Completely OT Poll: How long have you waited at a hair or tanning salon?

"iphigenia" wrote in message ...
Irene wrote:

I'm looking for average and longest wait.

(1) for both, and I only ever go with an appointment.

Same question for a tanning salon, if you ever go to one.

Sorry, I like my skin cancer-free ; )

I figured most (if not all) people here wouldn't go (I don't, either!)
but since I've never been, I had absolutely no idea what a reasonable
parking requirement would be! If it makes you feel any better, the
tanning salon is not my client - it's a future tenant of the building
we designed.

Irene
Old February 17th 04, 02:51 PM
Irene

Phoebe & Allyson wrote in message ...
Irene wrote:

When at a hair salon, how many people have you had to wait through to
get to your haircut?

Average 0, longest 1 (and that person has always been almost done). Always with
an appointment. Before we had a hair person to do barter with, and I got my
hair done by whoever was available at the walk-in place, average was probably 1
and longest was probably 3, with no appointment.

Phoebe

I don't suppose you remember what day of the week that 3 wait was? I
had forgotten to mention that I'm also trying to figure out when peak
traffic would be. My assumption would be Saturday mornings, and peak
season would be for things like prom or New Year's Eve (updo's), but
since I've only ever gotten an updo once, it's somewhat out of my
experience!

Irene
Old February 17th 04, 04:41 PM
Fer

Irene wrote:
|| Sorry to post something so completely OT, but you guys are the
|| biggest group of women I know!
|| The basic question is:
|| When at a hair salon, how many people have you had to wait through to
|| get to your haircut? In other words, no wait would be 0, waiting for
|| the person in the chair to be done would be 1, and waiting for both
|| the person in the chair and an additional person would be 2, and so
|| on.
|| I'm looking for average and longest wait.
|| Please specify whether or not this is with an appointment.
|| Same question for a tanning salon, if you ever go to one.
|| (I'm trying to argue a zoning ordinance, in case anyone is wondering
|| what this information is for. Apparently no one has created a
|| parking standard for hair salons or tanning salons, so everyone is
|| running blind, and I think that this particular village has a
|| ridiculous ordinance, but I don't have any data to back it up. I
|| know this is an unscientific poll, but it may come in handy.)
|| Thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer!
|| Irene the architect

Usually it is a 0 or 1 for me at a hairdressers but there has been time that
it has been a 2. I haven't done a tanning salon in years.

If this is for parking I would think that the average time a woman spends in
a salon would be more prudant, right? I usually spend *easily* over a hour
in the chair.

--?

Jenn
-WAHM
-DS Feb'92
-DD Feb'97
-Jellyfish due June 25/04

Old February 17th 04, 10:44 PM
Irene

"Fer" wrote in message news:ZurYb.526778$JQ1.4411@pd7tw1no...
Irene wrote:
|| Sorry to post something so completely OT, but you guys are the
|| biggest group of women I know!
|| The basic question is:
|| When at a hair salon, how many people have you had to wait through to
|| get to your haircut? In other words, no wait would be 0, waiting for
|| the person in the chair to be done would be 1, and waiting for both
|| the person in the chair and an additional person would be 2, and so
|| on.
|| I'm looking for average and longest wait.
|| Please specify whether or not this is with an appointment.
|| Same question for a tanning salon, if you ever go to one.
|| (I'm trying to argue a zoning ordinance, in case anyone is wondering
|| what this information is for. Apparently no one has created a
|| parking standard for hair salons or tanning salons, so everyone is
|| running blind, and I think that this particular village has a
|| ridiculous ordinance, but I don't have any data to back it up. I
|| know this is an unscientific poll, but it may come in handy.)
|| Thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer!
|| Irene the architect

Usually it is a 0 or 1 for me at a hairdressers but there has been time that
it has been a 2. I haven't done a tanning salon in years.

If this is for parking I would think that the average time a woman spends in
a salon would be more prudant, right? I usually spend *easily* over a hour
in the chair.

Actually, the number of people waiting is much more relevant than the
time, since the zoning ordinance addresses number of cars per chair.
So, I'm looking to see how many people are waiting for that one chair
and therefore have a car parked in the parking lot. This particular
ordinance is calling for 3 parking spaces per chair, plus one parking
spot per employee, which sounded high to me, which is why I posted the
question. As in, every chair would have to have 2 people waiting (or
lingering around afterwards.) (This is in a suburban location where
you pretty much have to assume that everyone is driving, alas.)

Zoning ordinances are funny beasts... ;-)

Irene
Old February 18th 04, 01:16 AM
laurie

I rarely make appointments to get my hair done, and usually don't wait at all.
See, that's because I don't like to wait, so if there's a wait, then I leave.
The longest I would wait through would be one person who's already been
started. I'd say 15 minutes.

I don't tan.

laurie
mommy to Jessica, almost 3 years and
Christopher, 10 months
Old February 18th 04, 04:41 PM
Melissa

I'll start by saying that I go to a higher end salon, but I've never (with
an appointment) waited beyond one person in the chair. Even then, my stylist
usually has her assistant start my color while she's cutting someone else,
so I've never waited for more than about 10 minutes past the start of my
appointment time.

--
Melissa (in Los Angeles)
Mum to Elizabeth 4/13/03

"Irene" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Poll: 2nd + pg ... how long between engagement and labour onset? A&G&K Pregnancy 7 August 2nd 04 01:36 AM
Thanks! - OT Poll on hair salon waits Irene Pregnancy 0 February 22nd 04 07:48 PM
Completely OT Poll: How long have you waited at a hair or tanning salon? Irene Pregnancy 15 February 18th 04 04:41 PM
At 3:22 am mom & son nancy Pregnancy 1 December 20th 03 06:57 PM
CAN YOU LOSE YOUR HAIR FROM A VACCINE? john Kids Health 3 September 25th 03 04:40 AM