Keeping them in their room

Old September 23rd 04, 08:53 PM
Shelley

Default Keeping them in their room

My DS (2yr, 8mo) has just learned to climb out of his crib. I don't
mind that to much as we have to change him to a "big-boy" bed anyway
because I am expecting #2 in March, but it's the fact that he won't
stay in his room for even 5 minutes that is driving me nuts. I have
tried to be nice, then firm, then making sure he has what he needs,
but it's not working. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Shelley
Old September 23rd 04, 09:07 PM
Sophie

"Shelley" wrote in message
om...
My DS (2yr, 8mo) has just learned to climb out of his crib. I don't
mind that to much as we have to change him to a "big-boy" bed anyway
because I am expecting #2 in March, but it's the fact that he won't
stay in his room for even 5 minutes that is driving me nuts. I have
tried to be nice, then firm, then making sure he has what he needs,
but it's not working. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Shelley

Child-proof doorknob cover inside the door.

Old September 23rd 04, 09:24 PM
toypup

"Shelley" wrote in message
om...
My DS (2yr, 8mo) has just learned to climb out of his crib. I don't
mind that to much as we have to change him to a "big-boy" bed anyway
because I am expecting #2 in March, but it's the fact that he won't
stay in his room for even 5 minutes that is driving me nuts. I have
tried to be nice, then firm, then making sure he has what he needs,
but it's not working. Any ideas?

I locked DD in. He didn't seem to mind.

Old September 24th 04, 12:37 AM
cloud nine

"Sophie" wrote in message

Child-proof doorknob cover inside the door.

Ditto.

Old September 24th 04, 04:57 AM
Tori M.

"cloud nine" wrote in message

"Sophie" wrote in message

Child-proof doorknob cover inside the door.

Ditto.

What to you do if the childs door does not latch? Bonnies door does not
have the inner nob workings... she could pull the door open with a
childproof nob just as easy as without it... Oh and she can climb over the
baby gate

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier due 10/17/04

Old September 24th 04, 05:16 AM
Donna Metler

"Tori M." wrote in message

"cloud nine" wrote in message

"Sophie" wrote in message

Child-proof doorknob cover inside the door.

Ditto.

What to you do if the childs door does not latch? Bonnies door does not
have the inner nob workings... she could pull the door open with a
childproof nob just as easy as without it... Oh and she can climb over the
baby gate

Tori

Could you put a simple hook and eye latch up out of her reach, on the
outside?

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier due 10/17/04

Old September 24th 04, 05:40 AM
Tori M.

"Donna Metler" wrote in message
news

"Tori M." wrote in message

"cloud nine" wrote in message

"Sophie" wrote in message

Child-proof doorknob cover inside the door.

Ditto.

What to you do if the childs door does not latch? Bonnies door does not
have the inner nob workings... she could pull the door open with a
childproof nob just as easy as without it... Oh and she can climb over

the
baby gate

Tori

Could you put a simple hook and eye latch up out of her reach, on the
outside?

I was wondering about that but when I mentioned it to my mom she said she
thought it was a safety risk.. so I decided against it.. We need to get some
sort of lock like that for the outside door though because the speach
therepist said that a saftey nob cover can be hard to use in an emergency
and Bonnie can open the outside door now. grrr.

Tori

Old September 24th 04, 06:00 AM
Rosalie B.

"Tori M." wrote in message

What to you do if the childs door does not latch? Bonnies door does not
have the inner nob workings... she could pull the door open with a
childproof nob just as easy as without it... Oh and she can climb over

the
baby gate

I think in this case you just have to keep putting them back in their
room until they will stay there. Really a pain I guess. I only had
this problem very briefly and because my ds (who was the one who was
the problem) didn't come into our room but went outside, I didn't know
about it until the next day and we moved right after that. I had more
problem during the day than I did at night.

Could you put a simple hook and eye latch up out of her reach, on the
outside?

I was wondering about that but when I mentioned it to my mom she said she
thought it was a safety risk.. so I decided against it.. We need to get some
sort of lock like that for the outside door though because the speach
therepist said that a saftey nob cover can be hard to use in an emergency
and Bonnie can open the outside door now. grrr.

Well we have safety chains on the outside door which would be too high
up for most children. My ds left the house through a sliding door. I
think my daughter has a latch on hers up at the top of it because it
leads out to the pool.

Our front door has glass panes, and for that door we have a key lock
deadbolt on it so that someone can't break the glass and turn the knob
and get in from the outside. If we are home, we leave the key in the
lock so that we can get out easily in case of fire. If not, we should
remove it. When my son was in 3rd grade, he broke into the house, but
he broke the glass in the kitchen door instead of the front door.

The people that lived in this house before us had a darkroom that they
wanted to keep the kids out of, and they had a sliding latch up high
on the door.

I think if you had a latch on the outside of the door, you could
unhook it when you went to bed so that if an emergency happened after
you went to bed, she could get out of her room.

grandma Rosalie
Old September 24th 04, 01:55 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Tori M. wrote:

What to you do if the childs door does not latch? Bonnies door does not
have the inner nob workings... she could pull the door open with a
childproof nob just as easy as without it.

Get a new door knob? They're not expensive and
they're easy to install.

Best wishes,
Ericka