Hello

Old March 20th 04, 01:21 PM
Jeff

Default Hello

"jessiesmom" wrote in message
lkaboutparenting.com...
Hi I am new here. I am a mom to a 4 1/2 year old boy and my 6 week old

daughter. I love message boards and talking to other moms from the serious
stuff to just plain fun.

I spend most of my free time at www.mommiescamelot.com its a great place

for women.

Why? The web pages are poorly organized and load slow. You must have a
broadband connection.

Jeff

Old March 20th 04, 01:29 PM
jessiesmom

Old March 20th 04, 01:49 PM
jessiesmom

yes actually I do. but I have tested it on dial up too. Maybe they are doing some updating today.

Old March 20th 04, 01:56 PM
Banty

In article outparenting.com,
jessiesmom says...

Hi I am new here. I am a mom to a 4 1/2 year old boy and my 6 week old
daughter.
I love message boards and talking to other moms from the serious stuff to just
plain fun.

I spend most of my free time at www.mommiescamelot.com its a great place for
women.

Well, howdy.

Request: Can you, and others you may 'know' at talkboutparenting.com, introduce
line breaks when you post to this board? This isn't a web-based discussion
board. It's part of something older called "USENET".

Banty

Old March 20th 04, 02:49 PM
jessiesmom

dont know anyone here yet, but i dont mind at all. How exactly do i do that?

Old March 20th 04, 08:40 PM
Byron Canfield

Default Hello -- THINLY DISGUISED SPAM

"jessiesmom" wrote in message
lkaboutparenting.com...
Hi I am new here. I am a mom to a 4 1/2 year old boy and my 6 week old

daughter. I love message boards and talking to other moms from the serious
stuff to just plain fun.

I spend most of my free time at www.mommiescamelot.com its a great place

for women.

Oh what a coincidence that you have that same domain as your email address!

SPAM, spam, Spam, SPAM
SPAM, spam, Spam, SPAM
Spammity SPAM, Wonderful Spam!

plonk

--
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
those who understand binary numbers and those who don't."

Old March 20th 04, 11:58 PM
jessiesmom

geez.. never heard of fake email? I was out of ideas to keeep it private

Old March 21st 04, 04:46 PM
Penny Gaines

Banty wrote in :
[snip]
Request: Can you, and others you may 'know' at talkboutparenting.com,
introduce
line breaks when you post to this board? This isn't a web-based
discussion
board. It's part of something older called "USENET".

To some extent it is the fault of the folks at talkaboutparenting,
how should have programmed their interface better.

Anyway, if you like what you see, it might be better to click this link
news:misc.kids which might open a 'proper' newsreader, if you are lucky.
Unfortunately, it is probably outlook express.

FWIW, accessing newsgroups via the web is being discussed on news.groups
at the moment. The thread is called "web based posting as a phenomenum"
and starts at

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three
Old March 21st 04, 04:59 PM
jessiesmom

(still getting used to this and I replied wrong...)

geez.. never heard of fake email? I was out of ideas to keeep it private

Old March 21st 04, 10:24 PM
Banty

In article , Penny Gaines says...

Banty wrote in :
[snip]
Request: Can you, and others you may 'know' at talkboutparenting.com,
introduce
line breaks when you post to this board? This isn't a web-based
discussion
board. It's part of something older called "USENET".

To some extent it is the fault of the folks at talkaboutparenting,
how should have programmed their interface better.

I agree - I've written them at their contact address. That was Friday evening -
I'll let you know if I hear anything back from them.

In the meantime, those who post from there *can* follow some courtesy rules once
they're known to them.

Banty