"choosing" gifts for kids

Old August 7th 04, 02:20 PM
Gary Hendricks

Default "choosing" gifts for kids

Hi

Personally I think it's ok to say your gift preferences.
But it depends on who is the guest as well. If its a close family
member, I would be more direct. If it's just an acquaintance, I would
be more tactful.

Best Regards
Gary Hendricks
www.baby-product-guide.com

"Sophie" wrote in message ...
"Denise~*" wrote in message
On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 08:30:11 -0400, "Sophie"
wrote:

We give them the toy without ever putting batteries in it. Works till

they
go to a friend's house and see the same toy *with batteries* - lol.
(Happened with a Sit N Spin.)

A Sit N Spin with batteries?

Now I'm REALLY liking my $1.00 garage sale Sit N Spin purchase.

Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

It lights up *and* plays music. Yes, I know :0

Old August 8th 04, 12:35 AM
Christy84065

It's far easier
to accept the gift graciously, and then after the
party put it away. This also teaches DD/DS that not
all gifts are what you really want, and that it is
important to express delight when you get a gift, even
if the delight is fake.

I could not agree more! Life is not perfect and dissapointment is
something that we cannot avoid! And teaching them good social skills
is also a MUST.