CHALLENGES TO KANE AND RON THEY IGNORED

Old January 29th 07, 07:15 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->

Default CHALLENGES TO KANE AND RON THEY IGNORED

krp wrote:
"0:-" wrote in message
news:iNqdnVkmbsxQdyHYnZ2dnUVZ_ruknZ2d@scnresearch. com...
I remember. I want you to prove your claim. I won't prove mine till you
prove JUST ONE of your original claims.
Pick either:

1. SAC DOLLS.

2. Spanking CAUSES kids to become aggressive.

You missed my piece with citation by report of authoritative research that
indeed showed that African American, Hispanic, and Caucasian children all
showed similar increases in aggression after spanking.

I've made my claim.

Please provide the support for that claim Kane.

You've been watching it in this thread.

Thought I needed a little exercise to keep me from bearing down on you
thugs, did you?

http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi...urnalCode=jomf

Journal of Marriage and Family
Volume 64 Issue 1 Page 40 - February 2002

To cite this article: Vonnie C McLoyd, Julia Smith (2002)
Physical Discipline and Behavior Problems in African American, European
American, and Hispanic Children: Emotional Support as a Moderator
Journal of Marriage and Family 64 (1), 40–53.
doi:10.1111/j.1741-3737.2002.00040.x

* Vonnie C. McLoyd11Center for Human Growth and Development,
University of Michigan, 300 North Ingalls, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
).
* Julia Smith11Center for Human Growth and Development, University
of Michigan, 300 North Ingalls, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 ).
1Center for Human Growth and Development, University of Michigan,
300 North Ingalls, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 ).

[[[ *** emphasis mine ]]]

Abstract

Using data collected over a 6-year period on a sample of 1,039 European
American children, 550 African American children, and 401 Hispanic
children from the children of the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth,
this study assessed whether maternal emotional support of the child
moderates the relation between spanking and behavior problems. Children
were 4–5 years of age in the first of 4 waves of data used (1988, 1990,
1992, 1994). At each wave, mothers reported their use of spanking and
rated their children's behavior problems. Maternal emotional support of
the child was based on interviewer observations conducted as part of the
Home Observation for Measurement of the Environment. *** For each of the
3 racial-ethnic groups, spanking predicted an increase in the level of
problem behavior over time, controlling for income-needs ratio and
maternal emotional support. Maternal emotional support moderated the
link between spanking and problem behavior. Spanking was associated with
an increase in behavior problems over time in the context of low levels
of emotional support, but not in the context of high levels of emotional
support. This pattern held for all 3 racial-ethnic groups. ...

Note.

"For each of the 3 racial-ethnic groups, spanking predicted an increase
in the level of problem behavior over time, controlling for income-needs
ratio and maternal emotional support. Maternal emotional support
moderated the link between spanking and problem behavior. Spanking was
associated with an increase in behavior problems over time in the
context of low levels of emotional support, but not in the context of
high levels of emotional support. This pattern held for all 3
racial-ethnic groups."

Feel free to access the source. Address the researchers with your
concerns if you have any.

They found what they found.

Claiming they didn't would constitute calling them liars unless you can
poke logical and factual holes in their research.

Can you?

The only response that Doan came up with, after claim he had many
studies saying black children have less misbehavior after spanking than
white children do, turned out to have a little comment at the end of
their conclusion. It said, 'may be' correlated.

The researchers I provided did not hedge.

They said that all groups responded the same to the same things.

Blacks did not separate out with a different response to corporal
punishment.

Note, no qualifying statements separate ANY ethnic racial group out.

Those statements are inclusive of all three.

I'll parse it for you as I did Doan:

"For each of the 3 racial-ethnic groups, spanking predicted an increase
in the level of problem behavior over time,

[[[ for all three ]]]

controlling for income-needs ratio and maternal emotional support.

[[[ for all three ]]]

Maternal emotional support moderated the link between spanking and
problem behavior.

[[[ For all three ]]]

Spanking was associated with an increase in behavior problems over time
in the context of low levels of emotional support, but not in the
context of high levels of emotional support.

[[[ For all three ]]]

This pattern held for all 3 racial-ethnic groups."

[[[ For all three ]]]

Get the picture?

So, I've answered your question, fully, Ken.

Are you working then on providing us with all that evidence you say you
know about that shows that non-spanked children are prone to develop
behaviors "sociopathic?"

I'm not going to debate you on this issue until I see YOUR support for
YOUR claim.

And trust me, Doan, despite calling you in to repeat his lies to "work
me" on concert with him, you are not half the talented liar he is...even
if he is easy to catch.

Answer the question I've asked you so long about your claim on
non-spanked children and "sociopathy" behaviors.

0.-]
Old January 30th 07, 02:55 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
krp

"0:-" wrote in message ...

[...]

Okay now I am going to REQUOTE the abstract and HIGHLIGHT the relevant parts..

[...]

The article suggests there is a "relation" between spanking and BEHAVIOR PROBLEMS - BUT Kane - only in cases of low levels of emotional support from parents. As usual the significance of that factor reaches escape velocity from the planet Kane.

Now back to the PROOF that spanking IN AND EXCLUSIVELY OF ITSELF "CAUSES" aggression in Children????

Old January 30th 07, 04:33 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Ron

"krp" wrote in message news:G%Ivh.37727$uC6.8954@trnddc02...

"0:-" wrote in message ...

[...]

He never said that dimwit. YOU did.

Ron

Old January 30th 07, 05:44 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Doan

"0:-" wrote in message ...

[...]

But Kane did said that the pattern (spanking associated with behavior
problems) held for both LOW and HIGH emotional support. This is an
obvious LIE or Kane is just too STUPID to understand what the study
said. Which is it, Ron?

Doan

Old January 30th 07, 05:54 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->

"0:-" wrote in message ...

[...]

That's what the study said. It said where one responded to high, the
rest did. Where one responded low the rest did the same.

Do you know how I know this?

Because it never once separated out any ethnic group as it marched
through the descriptions of the circumstances and responses, and at the
end stated categorically that all three groups held to this pattern.

This pattern did not refer to a single issue. Nor is there any question
about the absolute phrase, "..all 3 racial-ethnic groups."

This is an
obvious LIE or Kane is just too STUPID to understand what the study
said. Which is it, Ron?

Well, since Ron was addressing this statement of Ken's:"
Now back to the PROOF that spanking IN AND EXCLUSIVELY OF ITSELF
"CAUSES" aggression in Children????,"

And you changed the subject as though his comment was about: "But Kane
did said that the pattern (spanking associated with behavior problems)
held for both LOW and HIGH emotional support," Doan, you have lied by
diversion and refusal to deal with what Ron did say.

Dodging, Doan?

Didn't you just claim, after I had responded to a post, and at the end
asked you a brand knew question regarding your opinion on another
matter, that I was dodging?

0,-]

Doan

Old January 30th 07, 06:14 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Doan

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007, 0:- wrote:

"0:-" wrote in message ...

[...]

Because YOU ARE STUPID!

Because it never once separated out any ethnic group as it marched
through the descriptions of the circumstances and responses, and at the
end stated categorically that all three groups held to this pattern.

This pattern did not refer to a single issue. Nor is there any question
about the absolute phrase, "..all 3 racial-ethnic groups."

Hihihi! Read it again, Kane.

"Spanking was associated with an increase in behavior problems over time
in the context of low levels of emotional support, but not in the context
of high levels of emotional support."

So were you lying or just STUPID, Kane? ;-)

Doan

Old January 30th 07, 06:23 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated
0:->

Doan wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jan 2007, 0:- wrote:

"0:-" wrote in message ...

[...]

For all three groups, or for one, or two?

How would that statement, "This pattern held for all 3
racial-ethnic groups." effect one ethnic group and not the others?

You do recall what the point of the argument is do you not?

That you claim black children have a different response.

And that I claim no such evidence exists that this is so.

Are you saying that black children get more emotional support than
children from other ethnic groups?

That's not what was being discussed, nor is it covered in this study.

Are you saying that that last sentence does not apply equally to all
circumstances for all children?

If so, please explain your thinking.

The paragraph would have separated out one ethnic group for comparison
to the others.

It does not.

It does compare, we must presume because it makes the claim, that those
who get more support have fewer behavior problems when spanked. And that
those that get less support have more behavior problems when spanked.

After all, it's a study on spanked children.

So were you lying or just STUPID, Kane? ;-)

Neither.

Obviously.

So what were you doing, or are?

Doan

0.]
Old January 30th 07, 06:23 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->

"0:-" wrote in message ...

[...]

Since Ron's not in the game, other, apparently, than to laugh at you
clowns, let's you and I visit what you brought up trying to draw him in.

An aside: You don't think Ron is a man of his word, do you Doan?
R R R R R R R R R

Now, let's look at this issue again:

"For each of the 3 racial-ethnic groups, spanking predicted an increase
in the level of problem behavior over time, controlling for income-needs
ratio and maternal emotional support. Maternal emotional support
moderated the link between spanking and problem behavior. Spanking was
associated with an increase in behavior problems over time in the
context of low levels of emotional support, but not in the context of
high levels of emotional support. This pattern held for all 3
racial-ethnic groups."

There are only two possible interpretations of the last sentence. Either
it applies to the sentence that comes before it, or to all sentences in
the paragraph.

I cannot, by simple rules of grammar, refer only to the phrase before
it, but let's give you the advantage and entertain that.

We'll have THREE conditions then that might be in support of my being
stupid or a liar.

If the last sentence refers to the entire paragraph, my contention, then
you are wrong about my intelligence, and my honesty.

The logic would be, as stated, that all conditions are equal for all
children.

If it refers to only the last sentence, then since it did NOT separate
out any ethnic group, it applies to all equally.

Two down, one to go.

If it applies only to,"...but not in the context of
high levels of emotional support," to which group of the three
racial-ethnic groups studied would it be referring?

Let me see now, who is stupid or a liar?

Doan

Why yes, that's who.

And unethical to boot, trying to draw someone in to debate that plainly
said he won't.

Tsk Doan, Tsk.

Now who us how that last sentence would prove YOUR contention, assuming
I'm not incorrect about what it is, that black children respond
differently to spanking than the other two groups.

Be at least as thorough as I have been, and stop relying on screaming
"STUPID LIAR."

Or "Hihihi!"

Neither does anything but show you have not supported your claim.

Nor refuted your opponent's claim.

The study shows that they found the same responses across ethnic groups.

Kane

Old January 30th 07, 06:23 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated
0:->

0:- wrote:
Doan wrote:

"0:-" wrote in message

[...]

Oh, and as to your poor memory, other than Ron having an opinion about
Ken's methods of posting, he plainly stated he did not have a dog in
this fight.

Are you asking him to debate spanking issues?

Why?

No manners?

Sure looks like it, or you haven't read the thread, or kept up with the
contributors.

I find it hard to believe that you have missed, over all the time you've
been here, that Ron stated, as I did, that he and I were not interested
in debating each other.

Or are YOU inviting him to debate you?

On what, I wonder?

Since your support of those that support spanking is well known.

Have you decided now to prove you are neutral on this subject and will
attack both sides equally, or are you unethical and dishonest?

0,]

Doan

Old January 30th 07, 08:44 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->

Let's start by cleaning up that lie in the subject line.

Ron has ignored nothing that you can prove. He stated he would not
debate these issues. Simple as that. So your subject is a lie. Nice way
to start a debate.

Secondly, I have ignored nothing on this subject. I have refused to
debate, at times, on YOUR terms, when they are bogus.

For instance in this post you argue something other than the subject
that originally was the issue. And something I did not argue about at all.

From it you make a claim that goes in another direction entirely. The
Segueing Strawman.

We are as yet still debating the claim of Doan that Black children have
a different response to spanking than white children. This study says
absolutely otherwise.

Let's move on.

"0:-" mailto message ...

http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1741-3737.2002..00040.x?cookieSet=1&journalCode=jomf

[...]

Now instead of sticking to the subject of our argument, and to that of
this study, you will try to build into a new argument.

I will stay with the current one and ask this question of your
HIGHLIGHT. (Feel free to use caps to highlight as many readers loose the
formatting codes when going to "reply" attributions...for now your
highlights are bracketed by * *):

What has this to do with the one group, African American children and
not the others?

The end statement says that all responded the same, as in the pattern
held for all three.

Children
were 4–5 years of age in the first of 4 waves of data used (1988, 1990,
1992, 1994). At each wave, mothers reported their use of spanking and
rated their */_children's behavior problems_/*.

Again, where is the African American group mentioned separately?

Maternal emotional
support of
the child was based on interviewer observations conducted as part of the
Home Observation for Measurement of the Environment. *** For each of the
3 racial-ethnic groups, spanking */_predicted an increase in the
level of problem behavior over time,_/*

Do you see those first words in the paragraph?

Do you understand their relationship to the rest of the sentence and the
paragraph, this one, in which they appear?

Each, that is ALL three, groups shows that spanking resulted in an
increase in problem behavior over time...this by the way supports my
contention this was indeed a longitudinal study.

controlling for income-needs ratio and
maternal emotional support. *_Maternal emotional support moderated the
link between spanking and problem behavior_*.

For AA children only, or for all three groups?

*_Spanking was associated with an increase in behavior problems

over time in the context of low levels
of emotional support, but not in the context of high levels of emotional
support._*

Which separate group mentioned is being shown to have these associations
and outcomes? Is it not all three?

If you think not, show your analysis of the statement. And where it says
or even leads one to think, African American children were different
from the others.

This pattern held for all 3 racial-ethnic groups. ...

I believe you should have highlighted the above sentence, as no matter
which portion of the paragraph, the immediately preceding phrase, the
entire immediately preceding sentence, or the entire paragraph up to
that point, it does not separate out any child group by race-ethnicity.

If you understanding is that African American children showed some
different pattern, then why would the closing sentence say, "This
pattern held for all 3 racial-ethnic groups?"

Note.

"For each of the 3 racial-ethnic groups, */_spanking predicted an

increase
in the level of problem behavior over time_/*,

My same question still holds. Each of the three, Ken. meaning ALL.

controlling for
income-needs
ratio and maternal emotional support. */_Maternal emotional support
moderated the link between spanking and problem behavior_/*.

Again my point stands as to the AA group NOT being singled out.

*/_Spanking was
associated with an increase in behavior problems over time in the
context of low levels of emotional support, but not in the context of
high levels of emotional support._/*

Again, where does this apply to one group and not the others out of the
set of racial-ethnic groups...the subject of the paragraph, and ....

.... the subject of the next sentence. Precisely because it says so.

This pattern held for all 3
racial-ethnic groups."

The article suggests there is a "*/relation/*" between spanking and
*BEHAVIOR PROBLEMS* -

I most certainly does. For which group? Is it not all, just as the
words "each of the three" denotes?

BUT Kane - only in cases of low levels of
emotional support from parents.

Do you have a problem with that not identifying any one of the three
from the full set is singled out?

*As usual the significance of that
factor reaches escape velocity from the planet Kane.*

And the significance to the issue under discussion until you replaced it
with straw, of one group differing in response to the others, spanked AA
children being less prone to misbehave than say "white" children would be?

Read the paragraph for understanding, not with the intent to cherry pick
and start a debate on an issue not in debate on this subject.

**
* Now back to the /PROOF/ that spanking IN AND _EXCLUSIVELY OF
ITSELF_ "/_CAUSES_/" aggression in Children????*

So you are saying this paragraph you just highlighted in some way
disproves that spanking increases misbehavior?

It doesn't say that.

And in fact, at this point I'm wondering just what you were trying to argue?

Doan's claim as to there being studies that shows AA children do respond
differently, or that spanking isn't followed by more aggression in the
tested populations?

Do AA children (putting aside racial-ethnic comparisons) exhibit a
reduction in aggression when they are spanked?

Are unspanked AA children shown to exhibit aggression more if they are
not spanked?

Do they, if non-spanked, develop sociopathy?

No questions have been answered here except ONE. And it's the one I did
not, as you lie in your subject field, ignore.

That AA children respond differently to the children of other races is
not proven.

Now if you'd like to move on to some of those many studies Doan has and
discuss the actual subject, hey, I'm right here.

This study says differently.

It says that all the groups studied, under the same conditions, increase
misbehavior.

Damn simple, eh?

Do you, or Doan, know of a current study that refutes this?

From at least as academically qualified a source as this one. And you
can remind Doan, if he misses that, that Lazyboyrecliner is a highly
biased source, exhibited by his past associations and his being trounced
by a much more responsible and better placed researcher.

I wouldn't buy gold at half price from him if I tested it myself.

I'm not going to by his "survey of the literature" either.

Same level as this study under the same research guidelines and protocols.

They may address comparisons, if you can find those "many" or they may
address AA children as the demographic.

You takes your pick you gets what you gets.

By the way, were did I say, ".. /PROOF/ that spanking IN AND
_EXCLUSIVELY OF ITSELF_ "/_CAUSES_/" aggression in Children????*"

That was YOUR lying claim about what I actually said. Not my words, nor
even my claims by even the best stretch of imagination.

Your statement moves over to the happy land of delusion.

NO study on this subject that claims to have PROOF that spanking alone
was examined without factoring in other variables would be worth the
paper it was written.

I wouldn't submit it to support my argument.

Creating improbable premise for study, Ken, is nothing but a sorry
excuse for a fallacious debating tactic....because it amounts to a much
larger attempt to mislead, and is plainly a lie because you appear to be
ascribing it to me, and a lie in itself.

Now spout some more.