Pregnancy Undies

Old April 29th 04, 02:42 PM
Heather

Default Found 'em...BUT

Ok.. I dunno if this link will work but pea in the pod was the place I saw
the boy short lacy ones incase anyone is interested...
http://www.maternitymall.com/collect...d=6&Pageison=1

But they are very pricey so my search continues...

Heather

Old April 29th 04, 02:44 PM
Heather

Default Found more...

http://www.maternitymall.com/collect...d=5&Pageison=1

Maternity mall - mimi maternity.
MUCH better price.

Heather

Old April 29th 04, 03:44 PM
Jill

Default Pregnancy Undies

"HollyLewis" wrote
You only need maternity panties if you're accustomed to full briefs or if

you
find that the waistband of your usual undies are binding or irritating

your
belly.

Yep. I tried to make do with my usual lowrise bikins, figuring they are
lowrise and under the belly so should be ok. I made it a long time, but I
guess since I have always carried low, it explains why they started
irritating me....they "fit", but the elastic (which is normally stretchy and
comfy), started bothering me on the underbelly. They're not even tight so I
can't explain what it is that is bothering me but it feels better to have
started wearing the full maternity briefs (and I have always hated full
briefs). I have ordered a pack of maternity bikinis to try out though,
figuring I may be able to get some wear out of a few pairs of the
postpartum.

Old April 29th 04, 04:20 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Heather wrote:

http://www.maternitymall.com/collect...d=5&Pageison=1

Maternity mall - mimi maternity.
MUCH better price.

Motherhood, Mimi Maternity, and Pea in the Pod are
all the same owner--just different stores for different
price points.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old April 29th 04, 09:43 PM
Cam & Shane

We have a local branch of "The Warehouse" which sells cheap everything. I
have bought just ordinary peoples undies (not specialty pregnancy undies)
for the duration of this pregnancy. I started out as a small so it has been
easy to get a few sizes bigger. They do do a range for larger women. The
best thing is the price - about $5.00 a pair.

Good luck on the undie hunt :-)

Camille

"Heather" wrote in message
But where did you get them???
I have searched every maternity store I can find...
Did you just buy a larger size of regular ones? In that case, I am out of
luck as I am already into XL and they are getting tight. I have never seen
bigger than XL .

-Heather
"Cam & Shane" wrote in message
Me too!!

I started off with buying some "granny pants" which were awful and made

me
feel quite unattractive. Then I bought a pair of the boy pants and they
were heaps more comfortable and made me look and feel better about

myself.
I stocked up on these and still use them at almost 38 weeks.

Cam

---

---

Old April 30th 04, 06:34 PM
Daednu

FWIW this is the best price I've found anywhere for Bravado undies
http://store.yahoo.com/breakoutbras/bravmatun.html

~Daednu

Old April 30th 04, 09:38 PM
Elitsirk

"Heather" wrote in message ...
What are the best and where do I get them? I am partial to hip huggers in
boyish styles (the ones that look like tiny shorts) but i doubt they have
'em yet.

Thanks!
Heather

I was just surfing and looking at sites that sold maternity clothes
and came across the following:

http://www.duematernity.com

They have a style of maternity panties by a company called "Japanese
Weekend" that look like the low-rise boy-short style. Go to the
"Intimates" section and they were about halfway down the page. They
look kinda pricey--$36 for 2 pairs.

I've never ordered from this site, nor have I worn this panty style
(well, the maternity version--I'm a low-rise boy-short fan normally
too), but thought I'd pass it on in case anyone's interested.

If they weren't so expensive, I might be ordering a couple of pairs to
try out myself. I had bought low-rise bikini maternity panties from
Target and really like them, but they stopped carrying them (and I
only bought a single pack to try). I have some "over-the-bump" ones
from Kohls and I *hate* them--the waistband digs in too much and
they're way too long (maybe I'm not big enough yet...)--I can pull the
darn things all the way up to my bra band, and having elastic around
my rib cage is still really uncomfortable (makes me lightly nauseous).
I'm making do with my 3 pairs of Target undies and some non-maternity
bikini panties that were 2 sizes too big, and they're starting to roll
down, so I have to find another alternative soon...

Hope this helps someone
--Elit
#1 due 9/20/2004
Old May 1st 04, 11:31 PM
melizabeth

"Heather" wrote in message
*giggle* over the bump... LOL!

"melizabeth" wrote in message

"Heather" wrote in message
What are the best and where do I get them? I am partial to hip

huggers
in
boyish styles (the ones that look like tiny shorts) but i doubt they

have
'em yet.

Thanks!
Heather

I am loving the Motherhood maternity undies. They don't come in

boyshorts
AFAIK, just thong, bikini, and over the bump.
--
M~Elizabeth

To thine own self be true

It is cute, isn't it? I live in the UK right now and that is what was on
the package.

People have been discussing the waistband issue, and that was really what it
was for me...it itched. I bought VLU (very large underwear), but am finding
it quite binding. The maternity underwear doesn't have a huge waistband and
I feel much more comfortable. I prefer "over the bump", I "lost" a pair
"under the bum" and had to grope around to yank them up to where they needed
to be ::husband found this highly amusing".

Old May 2nd 04, 01:04 PM
Cathy Weeks

"Heather" wrote in message ...
What are the best and where do I get them? I am partial to hip huggers in
boyish styles (the ones that look like tiny shorts) but i doubt they have
'em yet.

Hmmm... this isn't an answer to your question, but I never bought
maternity underpants. I just continued to wear "Hanes Her Way" binkini
underpants throughout my pregnancy. They fit under the bump, and were
never uncomfortable.

Cathy Weeks
Mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01
Old May 14th 04, 02:13 PM
Em

"Cathy Weeks" wrote in message "Heather"
wrote in message
What are the best and where do I get them? I am partial to hip

huggers in
boyish styles (the ones that look like tiny shorts) but i doubt they

have
'em yet.

Hmmm... this isn't an answer to your question, but I never bought
maternity underpants. I just continued to wear "Hanes Her Way" binkini
underpants throughout my pregnancy. They fit under the bump, and were
never uncomfortable.

Me too. Also, contrary to what a few people told me would happen, they
fit just fine after pregnancy too (I was told they would be stretched
out and I'd have to get new ones anyway). I am still wearing the same
ones (well, not the *exact* same ones ;-) now at 8 months pp, that I
wore while pregnant.

--
Em
mama to L-baby, almost 8 months old!