Formula Milk

Old May 12th 04, 09:44 PM
Nike

Default Formula Milk

Hi there, anybody got experience with first formula milk? Right now, since I
got problem with my breastfeeding, I start giving formula milk to my 1mth
old baby boy. And, it seems he got constipation. The health visitor
recommend me to give him water, which I tried. But, it seems he still had
it. Anybody got recommendation for formula milk? Which one do you think
good? Or any other way to stop his constipation. Thanks

Old May 12th 04, 09:53 PM
Nan

On Wed, 12 May 2004 20:44:07 +0000 (UTC), "Nike"
wrote:

Hi there, anybody got experience with first formula milk? Right now, since I
got problem with my breastfeeding, I start giving formula milk to my 1mth
old baby boy. And, it seems he got constipation. The health visitor
recommend me to give him water, which I tried. But, it seems he still had
it. Anybody got recommendation for formula milk? Which one do you think
good? Or any other way to stop his constipation. Thanks

Are you still able to breastfeed at all?
If so, I'd suggest giving him some breastmilk to help with
constipation.

Nan

Old May 12th 04, 10:03 PM
Sophie

"Nike" wrote in message
Hi there, anybody got experience with first formula milk? Right now, since

got problem with my breastfeeding, I start giving formula milk to my 1mth
old baby boy. And, it seems he got constipation. The health visitor
recommend me to give him water, which I tried. But, it seems he still had
it. Anybody got recommendation for formula milk? Which one do you think
good? Or any other way to stop his constipation. Thanks

Water doesn't help with constipation, prune juice will.

Sorry, I don't know formula brands in England (assuming I read your posting
info correctly, that's where you are).

Old May 12th 04, 10:28 PM
Naomi Pardue

Right now, since I
got problem with my breastfeeding, I start giving formula milk to my 1mth
old baby boy. And, it seems he got constipation. The health visitor
recommend me to give him water, which I tried.

Water is not usually advisible for young babies. They don't really need it,
since the water in the breastmilk/formula should be enough for their needs.
(And you don't want to fill baby up with empty fluid when he could be drinking
milk.)

Are you sure the baby is constipated? What are his stools like? Sometimes
people assume that a baby is constipated if he has infrequent dirty diapers, or
strains a lot while pooping. Neither of these are constipation, and require no
treatment. Now, if the poop is very hard when it comes out, that IS
constipation, and should be dealt with.

Some babies do get constipated on formula. THe ideal solution would be to try
and work out the breastfeeding problems (have to talked to someone knowlegable
about it? My understanding is that HVs are commonly poorly informed and
unhelpful when it comes to breastfeeding). Breastmilk never causes
constipation.

It isn't clear from your post if you are just supplementing with formula, or
have weaned completely. If you are supplementing, I would try to give baby as
much of your own milk as possible.

If you have weaned, again, I would encourage you to try and get the nursing
problems worked out. If that isn't an option for you, you may just have to try
different brands and types to find the one that best agrees with your baby.

Naomi
CAPPA Certified Lactation Educator

reply.)
Old May 12th 04, 10:30 PM
CrystalRGarcia74

Hi there, anybody got experience with first formula milk? Right now, since I
got problem with my breastfeeding, I start giving formula milk to my 1mth
old baby boy. And, it seems he got constipation. The health visitor
recommend me to give him water, which I tried. But, it seems he still had
it. Anybody got recommendation for formula milk? Which one do you think
good? Or any other way to stop his constipation. Thanks

Are you still able to breastfeed at all?
If so, I'd suggest giving him some breastmilk to help with
constipation.

See there is the problem right there! You don't listen because you don' agree
do you?

Nan

Old May 12th 04, 10:32 PM
CrystalRGarcia74

Hi there, anybody got experience with first formula milk? Right now, since I
got problem with my breastfeeding, I start giving formula milk to my 1mth
old baby boy. And, it seems he got constipation. The health visitor
recommend me to give him water, which I tried. But, it seems he still had
it. Anybody got recommendation for formula milk? Which one do you think
good? Or any other way to stop his constipation. Thanks

Try a little prune juice or add dark Karo to his formula.
Old May 12th 04, 10:45 PM
CrystalRGarcia74

What the hell are you talking about?
It's not clear if she's still breastfeeding. If she is, then
breastmilk will most certainly soften the baby's stools.
Water will not work, and juices aren't usually recommended for babies
so young.

Now, if you must hump my leg, at least make some sense.

You amaze me! I didn't think it was possible for one person to posses such a
vast amount of stupidity!

Nan

Old May 12th 04, 10:46 PM
Nan

On Wed, 12 May 2004 14:47:43 -0700, DeliciousTruffles
wrote:

Nan wrote:

Now, if you must hump my leg, at least make some sense.

You're on a roll today! :-D

I got a decent amount of sleep last night G

Nan

Infant Milk Formula Nike Pregnancy 12 May 4th 04 12:17 AM
formula fed, 9 month old baby girl refuses bottle. Low weight gain ur General 6 March 12th 04 04:26 PM
Problem with powdered formula joe smith Pregnancy 21 February 16th 04 04:35 PM
Baby won't accept breast milk bottle after attempting formula - help! dejablues General 9 December 24th 03 10:12 AM
working link to Today's Parent article Corrine Pregnancy 4 September 22nd 03 05:39 PM