Gay marriage may "level the playing field"

Old June 28th 03, 07:58 AM
Nadacomin

Default Gay marriage may "level the playing field"

Subject: Gay marriage may "level the playing field"

From: "Bob Whiteside"
Newsgroups: alt.child-support

Bob writes:

Here's the flaw in that argument that will drive the debate. Gay sex and
marriage, no matter who does what to whom, cannot create life. It will
always be the heterosexual unions that are used as the basis for setting
child custody and CS. Creating life is not about feeling good sexually and
having orgasms. Gay sex is limited to feel good sex. Creating life is only
possible in a heterosexual union and gays will always be able to dodge the
financial responsibility for their sexual unions because of this simple
biological fact.

Here is where the opening battle in the arena will begin. Gays want children,
just like anyone else, but, obviously, cannot produce them with each other.
But, they want to aquire them through various legal means, such as adoptions,
or, artificial insemination.
Then, when they split up, the custody and "child support" battles will start.
Without anyone going in with an unfair advantage. It will be an equal bout.
Also, what about alimony, and property division? What about the "Law of dower"?

In Michigan, I was told by a lawyer, that a woman has an interest in whatever a
man owns, simply by "marrying" him.
In gay marriage, who has this "right of dower"?
When I first heard of this, I was amazed.
A dowery used to be a gift from the woman's parents, to the couple when they
got married.
If you are a man, and, you marry white trash, most likely, you are going to
have to pay for the wedding, and, the divorce, yourself.

http://www.geocities.com/nadacomin/
Old June 28th 03, 03:05 PM
Virginia

gay couples all ready adopt and find surrogates in order to have
children. Legalizing marriage will most likely increase the number of
custody and CS fights as both of the gay partners will now have legal
rights in this regard!

Bob Whiteside wrote:
"Nadacomin" wrote in message

Canada and the U.S. are moving closer to recognizing gay "marriages".
While the legitimizing of the gay lifestyle and "marriage" by law, may

bother

some of us Christian, heterosexual people, there just might be a "silver
lining" in it for men involved in divorce, custody, and "child support"

and

alimony battles.
Gay marriage will, in my opinion, introduce the concept of true equality

in

"marriage".
In modern "marriage", the next step, within a decade or less later, is

divorce.

When you have two people, of the same sex, man/man, woman/woman,

"married",

and, they divorce, the courts are going to have to view them as equals in
dealing with custody and property division.

This could set a legal precedent in treating men and women as equals in
"marriage" disputes and divorce.
It is an interesting concept, and, should be exploited.

Old July 2nd 03, 08:28 AM
Chris

"Virginia" wrote in message
gay couples all ready adopt and find surrogates in order to have
children. Legalizing marriage will most likely increase the number of
custody and CS fights as both of the gay partners will now have legal
rights in this regard!

This works to the advantage of a man since they have NO rights when divorced
by a woman, but suddenly get FIFTY percent of the rights when they marry
another man. Contrarily, women go from having ALL the rights to only HALF
the rights when they marry another woman. Ever wonder why there are more gay
men than gay women?

Old July 2nd 03, 04:20 PM
Tiffany

Chris wrote in message

"Virginia" wrote in message
gay couples all ready adopt and find surrogates in order to have
children. Legalizing marriage will most likely increase the number of
custody and CS fights as both of the gay partners will now have legal
rights in this regard!

This works to the advantage of a man since they have NO rights when

divorced
by a woman, but suddenly get FIFTY percent of the rights when they marry
another man. Contrarily, women go from having ALL the rights to only HALF
the rights when they marry another woman. Ever wonder why there are more

gay
men than gay women?

And you have stats to back that up?

Old July 3rd 03, 01:09 AM
Nadacomin

From: "Chris"
Newsgroups: alt.child-support

Chris writes:

This works to the advantage of a man since they have NO rights when divorced
by a woman, but suddenly get FIFTY percent of the rights when they marry
another man. Contrarily, women go from having ALL the rights to only HALF
the rights when they marry another woman. Ever wonder why there are more gay
men than gay women?

No amount of unjust laws or government meddling will change a persons sexual
orientation.
But, precedents set in "family" court, might be able to be used by
heterosexuals.

Old July 3rd 03, 04:01 AM
Chris

"Virginia" wrote in message
gay couples all ready adopt and find surrogates in order to have
children. Legalizing marriage will most likely increase the number of
custody and CS fights as both of the gay partners will now have legal
rights in this regard!

This works to the advantage of a man since they have NO rights when

divorced
by a woman, but suddenly get FIFTY percent of the rights when they marry
another man. Contrarily, women go from having ALL the rights to only

HALF
the rights when they marry another woman. Ever wonder why there are more

gay
men than gay women?

And you have stats to back that up?

No, just like I don't have stats to back up my claim that the sun rises in
the east every day; but I'm sure (figuratively speaking) that if you open
your eyes, you will see that I am correct.

Old July 3rd 03, 04:54 AM
Tiffany

Chris wrote in message

"Virginia" wrote in message
[...]

Well, when I open my eyes, I see as many lesbians and gay men. Thats why I
asked.

Old July 3rd 03, 05:23 AM
Tracy

"Virginia" wrote in message
[...]

Tiffany - if you see many lesbians and gay men when you open your eyes -
there's only one thing I can tell you. Shut your eyes dear and run away!!!!
LOL :-)

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***