Flu Shot???

Old October 23rd 04, 02:41 AM
Neil Rutman

Default Flu Shot???

How can I get my 10 month old son a flu shot? My pediatrician doesn't have
one. Local clinics are out. Canada is too far and apparently Mexico is
risky. Anyone have an insight on this one?

Neil R

Old October 23rd 04, 12:24 PM
enigma

"Neil Rutman" wrote in
:

How can I get my 10 month old son a flu shot? My
pediatrician doesn't have one. Local clinics are out.
Canada is too far and apparently Mexico is risky. Anyone
have an insight on this one?

how 'at risk' is he for contracting flu? do you or his mom
work in public jobs, like retail, where you are exposed? is he
in public or private daycare or at home?
my kid (4 years) hasn't ever had a flu shot, although he did
get flu when he was 16 months & that was pretty miserable...
but unless your son has a real need for it, like being prone
to asthma or upper resperatory infection, i wouldn't worry too
much. just make sure you wash your hands often & thouroughly.
lee
Old October 23rd 04, 01:18 PM
Jeff

"Neil Rutman" wrote in message
How can I get my 10 month old son a flu shot? My pediatrician doesn't have
one. Local clinics are out. Canada is too far and apparently Mexico is
risky. Anyone have an insight on this one?

Yeah. Don't vote for Bush.

Jeff

Neil R

Old October 23rd 04, 01:50 PM
Sue

"Jeff" wrote in message
Yeah. Don't vote for Bush.

Jeff

Bush had nothing to do with the shortage of the flu shot. The company that
made the vaccinations screwed up.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old October 23rd 04, 04:45 PM
Sue

"toto" wrote in message
the Bush administration was warned about the shortage of
flu vaccines three years ago and didn't act.

Oh, sorry. I wasn't aware of that.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old October 24th 04, 03:25 PM
Hillary Israeli

In ,
Sue wrote:

*"Jeff" wrote in message
* Yeah. Don't vote for Bush.
*
* Jeff
*
*Bush had nothing to do with the shortage of the flu shot. The company that
*made the vaccinations screwed up.

Well, yes. However it is my understanding that key public health officials
have been telling the administration for years that reliance on so few
vaccine manufacturers is a huge mistake, and that we were due for a big
crisis some time soon because of it. This was ignored by the
administration.

--
Hillary Israeli, VMD
Lafayette Hill/PA/USA/Earth